Melbourne Football

FIFA World Cup 2014

MaliMate

I turned it off after 30 minutes, no regrets.

I really hope we get a Brazil vs Argentina final because that'd be sweet but I'm expecting Germany vs Argentina.

Don't forget that Brasil will go into the game with roughly a two goal advantage thanks to biased reffing and home crowd support. The question is whether that will be enough. 

• Like 1

the better teams got through on the whole

was it just me though , Jimmy Rodriguez got kicked from pillar to post all the way through the first half , and no one got a yellow card

oh shit I forgot, it was Brazil, they play the beautiful game and can do no wrong

Brazil , will win it all with a little help from FIFA and the referees ( with a dream final against Argentina)

( I hope that I am wrong and the Krauts beat them in the semi)

was it just me though , Jimmy Rodriguez got kicked from pillar to post all the way through the first half , and no one got a yellow card

Certainly not just you. Here's a whole article in the World Game about it:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2014/07/07/brazil-reaped-what-it-had-sown

Cheers, glad to see that I'm not alone in the thought, I had so many people look at me strangley when I rant about Brazil being as nefarious and dirty as all the other teams 

• Like 1

SO

Brazil didn't commit their "tactical fouls" at the halfway line ( due to the world finally waking up to the tactic)

and look what happens

their defence get torn apart

Suddenly it's 3 on 3 or 3 on 2 and they concede

only one thing could have been better than this,,,,'

if it had happened in the final

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 1

They see playing on defense as a punishment where no glory is to be gained.

It's not what they like to do and it shows

Brazilians all wanna score nothing else....

Even my misses found it out while on holiday in Bali....... Persistent bastards !!!!

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

That was actually so glorious to watch, I was just laughing by the time Khedira rolled the 5th one in. Brazil were deplorable!

I picked Germany to win it pre-tournament but they're going to have a much harder time against either Argentina or the Netherlands who are both obviously very skillful but also a little vulnerable in defence, so I'm still expecting the Germans to prevail.

My only gripe is that out of the 7 goals they scored, Muller only scored 1 so my Golden Boot bet is still yet to be fulfilled  :lol:

I wonder if replacing Cillessen last game will now backfire with his confidence shot...

Van Haal plays not to lose with a goal keeper who has never saved a penalty in his senior career?

Definitely looks that way.

I'm kind of glad Argentina went through, we could have ended up with an extremely boring final if the Dutch had have progressed and played their strangling game against the Germans. Germany vs Argentina will hopefully be a more balanced match and Di Maria coming back into the side will spark the South Americans. 

On a sidenote I'm not sure why Messi's received so many plaudits this tournament, sure he's scored a few but for a player of his calibre I reckon he's been pretty average. Maybe I'm just expecting too much but I honestly hardly saw him do a thing today in the 120 minutes.