Melbourne Football

FIFA World Cup 2014

MaliMate

If you lads just had a guy that was willing and able to shoot from a distance you could have won.. Not a bad game at all

i've been watching the Socceroos since about 1977 and I am struggling to remember anyone other than a sweeper that went by the name of Yankos who could do that

Can only remember that cracker around 88 against Argentina. Did he score many?

If you lads just had a guy that was willing and able to shoot from a distance you could have won.. Not a bad game at all

i've been watching the Socceroos since about 1977 and I am struggling to remember anyone other than a sweeper that went by the name of Yankos who could do that

Can only remember that cracker around 88 against Argentina. Did he score many?

Here's another against Israel:

Fucking wrong that Italy have a guy who won the U20 World Cup playing for Argentina. Yet Traore wasn't allowed to play for Australia because he represented Ivory Coast at U17 level. Once you represent a country from the age of 18 you should be tied to that country.

Edited by mus-28

Fucking wrong that Italy have a guy who won the U20 World Cup playing for Argentina. Yet Traore wasn't allowed to play for Australia because he represented Ivory Coast at U17 level. Once you represent a country from the age of 18 you should be tied to that country.

They also have a guy that played for the senior Brazilian team twice in their squad lol. I think there is good reason to let players that have played only youth football or friendlies to play for another nation, and the only issue is the rule that stopped traore playing for us.

Missed the first half of the Uruguay game, caught the second. Thank you football watching Gods! That was awesome.

We all know that we are the weaker team v Italy. We have a real struggle to get out of the group stage, and I can't see us snatching any points off Italy.

Edited by Falastur

Least interesting game of the day, tried to watch it for 5 mins, and I couldn't continue. One of those games you have to have a bet on to enjoy.

Apart from that, only watched the England vs Italy game, I knew this Italian team was poor defensively (quite unusual for italy) but fuck were they exposed by pace time and time again. When they set up their structure they are very difficult to break down but on the counter they don't look so great. But so much strength and class going forward, the midfield has so much quality and you've got both balo and immobile battling for that starting spot up front, not to mention how great a find Darmian is with his runs down the right. I'm glad I bet on them to reach the semis before the tournament started, but a big challenge for them to go further than that if they can't fix their defensive problems.

Edited by Tesla