Melbourne Football

Round 6 v Sydney FC - AAMI Park Friday 16th

Mstrkrft

Yarraside were epic tonight...well done boys. Loved the phantom goals !! Loved the trumpet led tango tune !! Loved the moshing !!

HIghlights

- Yarraside

- one step closer to the ineviatable ... (it has to be bye bye JA)

- Del Piero giving his wristband to a young Heart supporter who couldnt believe his luck

- several hot Italian honeys in A-reserve

- # banner at non YS end

- PG making the boys go to YS after the game

- beer

Like owed for each point.

Redeem your pint pregame v adelaide.

Looked like the purge has occurred. Bay 16 looked empty from my vantage point.

Thought towards the end, Yarraside were terrific. The fake goal chant and old chants great but first half and start of second thought it wasn't as good. I sat in a different area on the wing for a change just to see a few things and it's a whole new world there. Entertaining a few new people and yeah didn't go well. Not at all.

Lots of people who looked like someone gave them a free ticket and had no idea what was going on. Most looked bored and left early.

The club won't be attracting new fans anytime soon. The people at the club are a shambles.

We are so shockingly bad. The club is becoming insignificant. Thanks to the people making decisions at the club.

Time for change. Not just Aloisi.

Ok.
  • Like 2

Was at work so I only saw about 15mins of the game, which included Mifsud's miss and ADP's penalty, but from everything I've read the boys played crap, without proper instruction, hoofing it long to nothing. Feel sorry for the fans that went, and it's days like this that I'm glad to be living in Germany and can detach myself from whats going on. First the bombers, now the heart, what a shit year.

Is there anyone here in the north end ?? I saw the aloisiout banner and security trying to take it down. There was a pretty large gathering up there right at the end of the game. Didn't know if anyone knew what happened.

Yep. I was there. Disgraceful. The blokes sit next to us week in and week out and show a bit of passion. Police and security forced the banner off them saying that they had to communicate the message "outside the stadium and through the proper channels". I would've thought being a fan at a game inside the stadium is the proper channel! Bloody ridiculous.

Is there anyone here in the north end ?? I saw the aloisiout banner and security trying to take it down. There was a pretty large gathering up there right at the end of the game. Didn't know if anyone knew what happened.

Yep. I was there. Disgraceful. The blokes sit next to us week in and week out and show a bit of passion. Police and security forced the banner off them saying that they had to communicate the message "outside the stadium and through the proper channels". I would've thought being a fan at a game inside the stadium is the proper channel! Bloody ridiculous.

that's rubbish. What about free speech. It wasn't offensive, political or anything like that.

Last night was as tempting a night as any to walk around from the wing to join the yarraside, especially in the 2nd half.

As hopeless as we were on the pitch you lot weren't going let that dampen your spirits, the noise was solid throughout and entertaining to see/hear aswell. We got ourselves a real culture growing amongst our supporters, now we just need a culture within the club itself.

Edited by Cinnamon
  • Like 2

Fuck off to the cunt who tried to have a go at me in Bay 16 after I dropped a pistachio on his mate. Had a few words with him and that was the end of it.

Fuck off to the cunt who had a major go at a good friend of mine about his use of a few choice words to describe Aloisi. If you don't like it fuck off to the family section.

The purge of flogs in Bay 16 will begin shortly.

Well, perhaps if swear words were used I can probably understand. I chipped in the "Aloisi Out" chant but you have to realise that some people do not like the use of swear words. Although I swear especially at MH games.

Family section. Not Yarraside. I have no sympathy for prudes and idiots who are atmosphere sponges.

Stop imposing your values on others. People will swear but if keeping swearing down leads to greater participation, isn't it worth it?

I stop my children joining the swearing chants but they love the singing. Family section is boring, but from what I have read on this forum, it could be full of YSide non swearers. Don't cause a rift among your own supporters (who you did a great job leading as cappo).

Just a thought.

Next home game, banners all round. Target ACG, FAA etc.

As JW has said on this forum a number of times, it seems that those in power want to control supporters. I have not seen such a faux environment created at football anywhere else in the world. It is getting up my nose.

Do they kick you out if you have a banner that wasn't permitted or do they just take the banner?

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000075-source.pdf

http://www.aamipark.com.au/arriving-and-access/conditions-of-entry/

Unfortunately you pretty much have to do what you're told, whether it appears reasonable or not.

Next home game, banners all round. Target ACG, FAA etc.

As JW has said on this forum a number of times, it seems that those in power want to control supporters. I have not seen such a faux environment created at football anywhere else in the world. It is getting up my nose.

Those blokes sit next to us every week, i was just in front of them last night! as a supporter of the club who pays good money they should be allowed to have any banner they like! would security have taken an Aloisi is king banner? poor show by both security and the club!

"SACK THE BOARD" should be the next banner we all take! i highly doubt we will need to though as the franchise will be bankrupt if we continue on dow the current route of complete mis management at all levels!

I spoke to acg after the match they said the confiscation of the banner was 100% the clubs orders and they we're told to confiscate it

Now that is interesting.

What it means is that the Board and/or club management is sensitive to what supporters think. Which at least is a step in the right direction.

If 8,000 people turned up all wearing tee-shirts with the slogan "Aloisi Out" would we all be required to take them off?

Fuck off to the cunt who tried to have a go at me in Bay 16 after I dropped a pistachio on his mate. Had a few words with him and that was the end of it.

Fuck off to the cunt who had a major go at a good friend of mine about his use of a few choice words to describe Aloisi. If you don't like it fuck off to the family section.

Well, perhaps if swear words were used I can probably understand. I chipped in the "Aloisi Out" chant but you have to realise that some people do not like the use of swear words. Although I swear especially at MH games.

Family section. Not Yarraside. I have no sympathy for prudes and idiots who are atmosphere sponges.

Stop imposing your values on others. People will swear but if keeping swearing down leads to greater participation, isn't it worth it?

I stop my children joining the swearing chants but they love the singing. Family section is boring, but from what I have read on this forum, it could be full of YSide non swearers. Don't cause a rift among your own supporters (who you did a great job leading as cappo).

Just a thought.

Just a thought.

It's not about values, it's about what is appropriate in the context. If a guy wants to sit down in Yarraside and have a crack at a bloke who was showing a bit of passion, then I daresay there's plenty of other seats around for him. 

I get you're against a few choice words in the terrace, Peter, but be realistic. Our team was fucking terrible, and my mate was just expressing an opinion. For the guy to call ACG on my mate in the active section is poor form all round. 

If you don't like it, there's a family section. 

• Like 1

What a shower of shite that was. Booking flights to newy and Melbourne for the Adelaide game looking like a massive waste of holiday time. At least I'll hopefully be witnessing aloisi's last game as a manager and have the fall back of catching up with some mates in Newy.

Props to YS though. Sounded great on the tele all game last night. Looking forward to getting amongst it v Adelaide.

Many bothering to make the least enticing trip in world football this coming week?

Has there been a reason given to Kalmar being taken off? Honestly did more in the first 10 minutes of the game than what Dave Williams did in the no.10 role all season. Played through balls to our wide players and Mifsud at least 5 or 6 times in that first half and then was taken off at half time, reason?

IMO most things have been said about last night so I won't repeat them.

It's pretty obvious when we line up before the game that on average we are on average physically smaller than our opponents, and that is always going to count against us. We are too easily muscled off the ball.

Redmayne OK but has no idea when it comes to penalties, so we're pretty much going to cop a goal every time one is awarded.

There's not a lot wrong with our back four, except we're short on height with Walker and Behich.

Retre was our star last night. Presents himself well, and doesn't need speed to beat his man - just does it with hip movement like a true midfielder should.

Mauk is good too, and needs more game time.

Dugandzic never in the contest. Would be knocked off the ball in an U-10 game.

Kalmar never in the game. Painfully slow. So often fires the ball straight back to the player who's just passed it to him.

Murdocca ineffective, poor defensive marking and tries too much on the ball. Likewise Golgol - has all the skills (and gets his head nicely on the aerial ball more often than not) but tries to beat three men instead of laying the simple pass.

Williams - missing in action.

Overall the team is a shambles. Anxious and tentative, and zero confidence. Refer to other threads for what is needed - a "circuit breaker." 

Has there been a reason given to Kalmar being taken off? Honestly did more in the first 10 minutes of the game than what Dave Williams did in the no.10 role all season. Played through balls to our wide players and Mifsud at least 5 or 6 times in that first half and then was taken off at half time, reason?

IMO most things have been said about last night so I won't repeat them. It's pretty obvious when we line up before the game that on average we are on average physically smaller than our opponents, and that is always going to count against us. We are too easily muscled off the ball. Redmayne OK but has no idea when it comes to penalties, so we're pretty much going to cop a goal every time one is awarded.There's not a lot wrong with our back four, except we're short on height with Walker and Behich.Retre was our star last night. Presents himself well, and doesn't need speed to beat his man - just does it with hip movement like a true midfielder should.Mauk is good too, and needs more game time.Dugandzic never in the contest. Would be knocked off the ball in an U-10 game.Kalmar never in the game. Painfully slow. So often fires the ball straight back to the player who's just passed it to him.Murdocca ineffective, poor defensive marking and tries too much on the ball. Likewise Golgol - has all the skills (and gets his head nicely on the aerial ball more often than not) but tries to beat three men instead of laying the simple pass.Williams - missing in action. Overall the team is a shambles. Anxious and tentative, and zero confidence. Refer to other threads for what is needed - a "circuit breaker."

Retre was shithouse misplaced passes and lost the ball while dribbling. Regarding kalmar, what would you have him do when he is given the ball with two players on his back, you expect him to make something of it? Of course he's going to pass it back, murdocca was a culprit of this in the first half, did it three times inside 5 minutes. Kalmar inside that first 15 minutes created more going forward than any other player. And while I agree regarding dugandzic being knocked off the ball, let's add walker in there cause he absolutely shits himself in any 50/50 contest.

IMO most things have been said about last night so I won't repeat them.

It's pretty obvious when we line up before the game that on average we are on average physically smaller than our opponents, and that is always going to count against us. We are too easily muscled off the ball.

Redmayne OK but has no idea when it comes to penalties, so we're pretty much going to cop a goal every time one is awarded.

There's not a lot wrong with our back four, except we're short on height with Walker and Behich.

Retre was our star last night. Presents himself well, and doesn't need speed to beat his man - just does it with hip movement like a true midfielder should.

Mauk is good too, and needs more game time.

Dugandzic never in the contest. Would be knocked off the ball in an U-10 game.

Kalmar never in the game. Painfully slow. So often fires the ball straight back to the player who's just passed it to him.

Murdocca ineffective, poor defensive marking and tries too much on the ball. Likewise Golgol - has all the skills (and gets his head nicely on the aerial ball more often than not) but tries to beat three men instead of laying the simple pass.

Williams - missing in action.

Overall the team is a shambles. Anxious and tentative, and zero confidence. Refer to other threads for what is needed - a "circuit breaker." 

Have to disagree completely with the points you made above, Retre wasn't our star last night, i'd use the word promising but star is a bit over the top. Definetely a better option than Migliorini because aleast looks like he has some potential.

Have absolutely no idea how you can say Kalmar was never in the game, like i said, he played through our front 3 on 5 or 6 occasions in that first half and looked like our only player capable of feeding 'that' killer ball through to our front men. When he went off we were clueless in the midfield going forward. Actually read Dave Davutovic say similar things about Kalmar in the Herald Sun not long ago, so i'm not the only one who was bemused about him getting subbed off.

Murdocca is integral to our set up, always gives an option and plays the simple balls. I'll admit a couple times he tried to switch the ball to the other side of the pitch and it didnt work for him, that shouldnt be his role, he should be keeping the ball ticking over. Rarely over plays the ball, and his workrate and commitment should never be questioned.

Dont know what anyone sees in Gol Gol, hes actually not good at anything, much like dave Williams and Ramsey, you take away his pace and he is not a threat at all. All 3 players shouldnt be in our regular first XI if we want to succeed in this league.

Missed the actual match last night due to bloody work but managed to catch the replay on Fox Sports.

I agree with Niko on Kalmar. He (in the first half) played some good balls and managed to find space quite well considering he was being marked quite heavily.

I didn't really think Retre was our best player. He didn't seem to do much at all.

Wielart gave a stupid fucking penalty. That was shocking. Hopefully it never happens again. Diving in in the box? RIghto mate. His protests were as bad as the tackle.

As for the FUCKING LINESMAN ON THE RIGHT SIDE, YOU ARE USELESS. Two incorrect calls against us in the first half, well done. The sad thing is, you are probably above average when it comes to A-League assistant referees.

• Like 1

Unfortunately when Golgol came on, the long balls given towards him were actually working as he headed them down nicely to whoever was waiting for it behind him which allowed us to attack and threaten (hopelessly of course). This will probably resut in JA starting Golgol next week and using the same tactic.

Dugandzic starts getting us back into it with his runs... Aloisi brings him off. 

I'm so fucking done.

I lost my shit when this happened. Dugandzic coming back to form, actually giving a fuck about this club, and then that moron Aloisi brings on that piece of shit Golgol ffs :droy:

Gol gol actually looked like he gave a fuck last night which was good.

No he didn't, and he is hopeless, and he missed far more headers than he won, ffs worst player in the team.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2