Melbourne Football

Matchday Thread

mus-28

The referring in this league is unbelivable. Players on the pitch continue to grow the game with great performances and matches.

Unfortunately there is a collective group of referees that simply are incompetent. They simply are restricting this league from growing to its full potential.

I really feel it's the biggest issue that the FFA faces for this league to gain the respect of an international audience.

• Like 1

Can't understand how Slater was baffled at the red card, Berisha launched himself in the air, luckily for Ryall his landing was over the ball and not into his leg. One of those tackles that if it connects will break a leg. Red card and 3 game ban every day of the week.

• Like 2

Can't understand how Slater was baffled at the red card, Berisha launched himself in the air, luckily for Ryall his landing was over the ball and not into his leg. One of those tackles that if it connects will break a leg. Red card and 3 game ban every day of the week.

cause slater is a fuckhead with no idea, the worst on the matchday saturday panel

I saw this with out sound, so I had no "commentator influence" on my assessment of the situation.  You launch youself like that, leading with your studs its a straight red.  I am shocked that anyone (excluding Berisha's grandma) would think otherwise.  Honestly we see some questionable refereeing decisions every week, but that wasn't one of them. 

Quality games from the Reds, Roar and Tards. Roar and Reds setting the benchmark for beautiful football. Just fantastic game tonight with Brattan putting in a great strike to win the game. I hope we measure up next season. Really looking forward to it already.

Edited by HEARTinator

• 3 weeks later...

If Wellington ever wonder why they're continually at the arse end of the table they need to look no further than the fact Vince Lia is continually a member of their first XI. No other A-League club would give him a contract as a squaddie, yet Wellington have him in their engine room on a weekly basis. 

If Wellington ever wonder why they're continually at the arse end of the table they need to look no further than the fact Vince Lia is continually a member of their first XI. No other A-League club would give him a contract as a squaddie, yet Wellington have him in their engine room on a weekly basis. 

giphy.gif

Both teams playing some nice football . Standard of the a league has really climbed

I think the teams in the ACL have really stepped up. Rather than it being an issue as so many said it would be. Also, new owners, sign up antonis please

Edited by Dylan

Ben "Superstar" Williams up to his old tricks again, deprived Adelaide of a blatantly obvious advantage right at the death.

...and subsequently enticed yet another melee to occur, very similar to the one between us and Adelaide.

Probs got more to do with the Reds though ahaha, not great losers.