Melbourne Football

Giorgos Karagounis

Deluka

Honestly, he's not that big of a deal. He'd be a good signing. Nothing more IMHO.

He's no Grant Holt is what I'm really trying to say. He's not on that level.

mate you are legitimately fucked if you wouldn't want this greasy wog kicking a ball for us ffs

this coming from someone who hates all greeks

Yelawolf, piss off with your racism. There's no place for racism anywhere. If you're a Heart member I hope your membership is torn up.

• Like 1

Honestly, he's not that big of a deal. He'd be a good signing. Nothing more IMHO.

mate you are legitimately fucked if you wouldn't want this greasy wog kicking a ball for us ffs

praises and bags the greasy wog in the same sentence hahahaha

Having many Greek friends you do have to learn to take the good things with the bad..that's not racism, that's just living in a city that has a lot of Greeks.

PS the influx of young Greek males due to Karagounis may be the shot in the arm Yarraside needs for next season.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 2

NEVER said I didn't want him. In fact I pointed out that he'd be a GOOD signing. I just wanted to put it into context, as everyone seems to think he'll be the second coming of Christ.

Having many Greek friends you do have to learn to take the good things with the bad..that's not racism, that's just living in a city that has a lot of Greeks.

PS the influx of young Greek males due to Karagounis may be the shot in the arm Yarraside needs for next season.

Thats fine as long as I don't have to put up with seperate groups of Greeks around the stadium trying to out sing yarraside in Greek.

• Like 1

Thats fine as long as I don't have to put up with seperate groups of Greeks around the stadium trying to out sing yarraside in Greek.

This won't be happening, I can almost guarantee it.

Neither will this,

And neither is it needed. :up:

• Like 1

Neither will this,

I'm really disappointed in that response, Cadete. Are you a racist? How do you plan to stop the Greek kids from joining Yarraside? Do you think Yarraside doesn't need more members, especially ones who'll actually chant? Are you happy with Yarraside's current matchday performance?

Neither will this,

I'm really disappointed in that response, Cadete. Are you a racist? How do you plan to stop the Greek kids from joining Yarraside? Do you think Yarraside doesn't need more members, especially ones who'll actually chant? Are you happy with Yarraside's current matchday performance?

Something something something South Melbourne 

• Like 1

Today is the crucial appointment Panathinaikos Giorgos Karagounis with the leader of the National Hellenic be close to returning to the clover.
As the newspaper «Goal«, the "Kara" returns to Athens today after the holidays and is expected to meet with the technical director of Panathinaikos and best man Nikos Dabizas.
Giorgos Karagounis is sure to respond positively to Panathinaikos and after a year's absence to wear over the shirt with shamrock on chest, since there will be no financial barrier.

Neither will this,

You and I both know that Cad wasn't being racist and he isn't going nor does he want try stop people joining Yarraside. He is merely pointing out that he does not believe that the Greek community in Melbourne will flock to watch Heart play just because karagounis is playing for us.

Heart makes play for Greek star Giorgos Karagounis

The Australian July 04, 2013 12:00AM

HAVING officially unveiled former Melbourne Victory star Harry Kewell as a key signing for next season's A-League, Melbourne Heart is ready to get further under the skin of its arch-rival by making a last-minute play to lure Greek international Giorgos Karagounis.

In a move that will set the scene for a series of explosive Melbourne derbies this season, it is understood Heart has made an offer to Karagounis, who is also being chased by Victory as its new marquee player. Victory has been negotiating with the player's representatives for at least two months and coach Ange Postecoglou met the former Fulham midfielder in Greece some time ago.

However, The Australian believes talks with the 36-year-old have been put on hold as Victory attempts to sort out its overseas marquee situation.

The club wants to offload Marcos Flores to make room for Karagounis. However, most A-League clubs are baulking at his huge wage.

Until Victory can find a taker for the Argentine, it is stuck with him, leaving the door open for Heart to pursue Karagounis, a player who would ensure a massive increase in memberships and attendances -- something the struggling red half of Melbourne soccer needs. While Kewell, 35 in September, is in the twilight of his career, his signing will give Heart a much-needed boost, though his presence is unlikely to attract the same sort of fanfare and reaction it did when he was at Victory during the 2011-12 season.

After arriving late and missing a good portion of the pre-season, Kewell had a slow start with Victory and it wasn't until the second half of the season that he showed any worthwhile form.

A family illness meant he had to walk out of his contract at the end of the season to return to England. He was unwanted by European clubs and played just three games for Qatar side Al-Gharafa. Despite his lack of match fitness, Kewell is confident he is holding up and said yesterday he believes he can play on for some time.

The important factor is that he is back in Australia in plenty of time to do a proper pre-season with Heart in preparation for a tough A-League season.

"I am excited to be back. It's a great opportunity for me to get back on the field," he said. "It's the right time for me. I want to work hard and get in a solid three months before the season starts so that my body is prepared for the first game.

"It (signing with Heart) is the right decision."

Kewell said he was unconcerned by the prospect of being on the end of some verbal hostility from Victory fans when the two teams meet in the opening round at Etihad Stadium on October 12.

"That's football," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/heart-makes-play-for-greek-stargiorgos-karagounis/story-fn63e0vj-1226673971081

Edited by Murfy1

just read the morning headlines in Greece. Greek media is reporting that its very unlikely that Kara will be joining panathinaikos. He is meeting with Panathinaikos today and they are reporting that he will be rejecting the move. I think we are in with a chance.

I trust you and all but can you link your source? I'll just like reading the articles that's all.

The Greek media seem to as stable and consistent as the whole country!

Don't knock 'em. Just come back from a week in Thessaloniki and there didn't seem to be a recession. People in coffee shops and bars enjoying themselves like there was no tomorrow. Is that a bad thing? They love their relaxed lifestyle ;)

• Like 1

just read the morning headlines in Greece. Greek media is reporting that its very unlikely that Kara will be joining panathinaikos. He is meeting with Panathinaikos today and they are reporting that he will be rejecting the move. I think we are in with a chance.

I trust you and all but can you link your source? I'll just like reading the articles that's all.

http://www.sport.gr/Article/%CE%95%CE%B9%CE%B4%CE%AE%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%82/%CE%A0%CE%BF%CE%B4%CF%8C%CF%83%CF%86%CE%B1%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%BF/Super-League/%CE%94%CF%85%CF%83%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%B5%CF%8D%CE%B5%CE%B9-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%9A%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BD%CE%B7/24-176787.html

Says he will meet with officials but is unlikly to join Pana, more likely that he will continue his career abroad, with intrest from Australia and England.

• Like 1

So whens the press conference to announce him as our marquee ;)

http://www.sport.gr/Article/Ειδήσεις/Ποδόσφαιρο/Super-League/Δυσκολεύει-του-Καραγκούνη/24-176787.html

Says he will meet with officials but is unlikly to join Pana, more likely that he will continue his career abroad, with intrest from Australia and England.

Thanks LR9

http://www.sport.gr/Article/%CE%95%CE%B9%CE%B4%CE%AE%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%82/%CE%A0%CE%BF%CE%B4%CF%8C%CF%83%CF%86%CE%B1%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%BF/Super-League/%CE%94%CF%85%CF%83%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%B5%CF%8D%CE%B5%CE%B9-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%9A%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BD%CE%B7/24-176787.html

Haha the article actually says interest from English and Austrian teams, not Australian, but I'm pretty sure they mean Australian! Lol

• Like 1

26% unemployment rate.... Yep that's stable!

Well I'm pretty sure they'll bounce back. Best to worry about what we're going to do. Dig a few more holes and sell dirt to India/China? Shear a few more sheep or grow apples in Tasmania? Build the biggest and best football league and sell TV rights worldwide and watch dollars come rolling in? YEsssssssssssssss :lol:

• Like 1

The Greek media seem to as stable and consistent as the whole country!

Don't knock 'em. Just come back from a week in Thessaloniki and there didn't seem to be a recession. People in coffee shops and bars enjoying themselves like there was no tomorrow. Is that a bad thing? They love their relaxed lifestyle ;)

The economy is so fucked there practically is no tomorrow, hence the "enjoying themselves like there was no tomorrow".... ;)

thanks man, btw for future reference everyone start googling Καραγκούνης to find the stories from greece

So seems like the flogs offered 1.6m and we were going to pay 1m just to get holt here then probably >1m as a contract.  Its pretty funny that we have more money to play with than MV. I'm still skeptical, he will take one look at the bins and the picnic chairs and tables and run.

So seems like the flogs offered 1.6m and we were going to pay 1m just to get holt here then probably >1m as a contract.  Its pretty funny that we have more money to play with than MV. I'm still skeptical, he will take one look at the bins and the picnic chairs and tables and run.

From what I understand we aren't training at Latrobe this year. Whether that means the iced filled rubbish bins have been replaced I'm not sure. But I hope so.

i dont trust this karagounis, he will fk us over IMO

how so? he will be just as determined as kewell so he can keep the national team captaincy into the world cup where greece look like they could be at (at the very worst they will come second and play off for a spot)

well this is a bit of a surprise.... apparently he's going back to Fulham.

http://www.tovima.gr/sports/article/?aid=520811

which translates to....

"In making return Karagounis in Fulham

In advanced negotiations the two sides
Posted: before 32 '

There rollover data as the London-based club, although weeks before had farewell the leader of the National thanking him for his last bid, the other day approached "Typara" offering him a new one-year contract with satisfactory earnings

emailektyposi

Besieged by Panathinaikos's return, received tempting proposals from two teams of Australia, became seriously impacted by a club of the American MLS league but as shown Giorgos Karagounis will continue to fight in courts of the English Premier League and with the same jersey , that of Fulham.

Reportedly there rollover data as the London-based club, although weeks before had said farewell to leader of the National thanking him for his last bid, the other day approached "Typara" offering him a new one-year contract with satisfactory earnings.

Treasury sources said that negotiations between the two sides are at an advanced stage and it is possible the next few hours to have a final agreement. Besides outset intention Karagounis' stay in the Premier League ... Besides her exceptional season in the London team and loved by the fans who made him the second best player of the year after the famous Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov"

Edited by Tbitm