Melbourne Football

Giorgos Karagounis

Deluka

Saw this posted by Australian FourFourTwo on Facebook, who knows how legitimate it actually is though:

"Could Melbourne Heart be about to gazump Victory and secure the signature of Greek star Giorgos Karagounis for the next A-League season? We're hearing it's a definite possibility..."

Would be great for every aspect of our football club (i.e. attendance, memberships, domestic and global publicity etc. etc.)

He's no Grant Holt is what I'm really trying to say. He's not on that level.

i'll get banned for this, but you are a cunt, you really suck

Thankyou. As I said in the original post - IMHO. My opinion is quite often wrong. Obviously by the very nature of it being an opinion, I don't think it is. 

Edited by morphine

Can someone make a thread where Morphine and DutchPride can abuse each other as much as they want and we don't have to read it. FFS if this quote has any merit we should be talking about that. But somehow straight away it's gone back to you two again.

we are talking about it rof

• Like 1

Can someone make a thread where Morphine and DutchPride can abuse each other as much as they want and we don't have to read it. FFS if this quote has any merit we should be talking about that. But somehow straight away it's gone back to you two again.

Don't be jelly, we can hate you too if you'd like? lol

Ray Gatt confirmed our interest on Twitter

wow... just wow..

Not as wow as the wow when someobody said Holt was better than Ambrosini.. but close..

Don't think we will get him, but if we do it would be brilliant..

However, it's a sign that our other target/s for marquee are not going to happen.

Well, I say Fuck the mongs, they hijacked our Flores deal last season, and if we end up with Kara and they end up without Flores - jokes on them!!

Spot-on, fuck 'living in the shadows' of those cunts. Time to make moves.

• Like 1

Surely we have to sign him purely on the basis of stealing him from the mongs and then they are stuck with floges. Although wassnt one of karagounis' major concerns club facilities? If so we are fooked

If our facilities are good enough for Kewell then they should suffice for Karagouni.......but having said that I don't think he will be wearing our red/white stripes. Remind him too much of Olympiacos...

wow... just wow..

Not as wow as the wow when someobody said Holt was better than Ambrosini.. but close..

Don't think we will get him, but if we do it would be brilliant..

However, it's a sign that our other target/s for marquee are not going to happen. I know it's tough to compare players who play in different positions and who aren't the same age. But at this stage of their careers, at this point in time, Holt > Karagounis. Anyway, that's enough of that.

I don't think we'll get him either, but it would be a good signing.

Yoof FC

hahaha. I've come to like this kid.

would be a massive troll against Victory and that's all that matters... + Karagounis is a star. Who even is Grant Holt compared to this guy?

Surely we have to sign him purely on the basis of stealing him from the mongs and then they are stuck with floges.

I heard a while ago on real good authority that Heart approached Karagounis before he went to Fulham. Apparently, then, he wanted too much money.

So this wouldn't be the first time that we've been interested in Karagounis.

I thought the only issue with the victory move was cash?

If we're now interested we've presumably upped the offer...How?

Ray Gatt said on twitter a few hours ago that Victory can't make a move for Karagounis because they can get rid of their current international marquee, Flores:

The mail that Heart are interested in Karagounis is on the mark. Victory desperate for him but can't move coz of Flores situation.

Someone asking Gatt on twitter: "I thought they where going to move flores on? or they can't do that?"

Ray Gatt:

They are trying to move him on but no club wants to pay big money for Flores. He is on a contract so he is sitting tight.

Who's absolutely certain of the details, but what Gatt says seems pretty plausible.

Like the sound of this. If we go into this, we need to succeed. As has been mentioned, our history of missing players other clubs have also been chasing has made us look second rate.

We are also in need of another quality striker.

Shouldn pull out the offer to Garcia and Holt and use it on this bloke. We could get every greek in Victoria to follow us. Then we would be unstoppable

FFS they could only get 2,000 to 3,000 at the most at Hellas vs Bergers at the first Derby played at the new Lakeside Staduim last VPL Season. (And it was not raining).

The masses will not be coming.

• Like 1

Shouldn pull out the offer to Garcia and Holt and use it on this bloke. We could get every greek in Victoria to follow us. Then we would be unstoppable

FFS they could only get 2,000 to 3,000 at the most at Hellas vs Bergers at the first Derby played at the new Lakeside Staduim last VPL Season. (And it was not raining).

The masses will not be coming.

Your underestimating his pull, he is the equivalent of David Beckham to the greeks, no other greek player has the following he does. We won't be cracking 40,000 members or anything amazing like that, but we would easily get 15,000- 20,000 a game.