Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

The membership price has gone up and when i asked why they said because there is 14 home gmes. I pointed out that one of them is a regional game and not at home, so therefore we only have 13 home games. They couldn't answer

why the price increase.

Well, there are inclusions in my membership - the cap and 'banner/scarf.'

On the matter of the '14th home game' I would say that membership includes admission to the 'home' regional game to be played in Victoria. IMO any reasonable person would interpret the membership package that way. If the club reneges on that I would say it is going back on what it advertised.

Would love a Geelong game. Would actually be rapt if the club moved 3-5 games a season there including the regional fixture and sold a "Geelong games membership".

Now we see your plan. Less travel time hey?

Agree that Geelong is probably the best for regional games, closer to Melbourne and a larger catchment base for new supporters. Oh, and closer to Warrnambool.

• Like 1

The membership price has gone up and when i asked why they said because there is 14 home gmes. I pointed out that one of them is a regional game and not at home, so therefore we only have 13 home games. They couldn't answer

why the price increase.

It is how life works, things increase in price and value over time

It DOES say all 14 games included, which means that we get free entry to the game (if you choose to go to it)

2nd, previously, friendlies you needed to pay for.. Also included.

3rd. Inflation. How much has your health insurance gone up, etc.

How much HAS it gone up.. Active is 225 this year vs what last year? was it 190 or something?

The price increase is a disgrace.  

It's called inflation. It happens to nearly everything. Think about the cost of movie tickets over time. 

Inflation is legalised theft. If you make a dollar, you should be able to spend a dollar.

And yes I am aware inflation is a part of life, get used to it etc. etc.

It's called inflation. It happens to nearly everything. Think about the cost of movie tickets over time. 

Inflation is legalised theft. If you make a dollar, you should be able to spend a dollar.

So I'm guessing you rejected your last payrise offer?

Our regional game is still TBC, I'm assuming other clubs will be playing in Albury.. afaik our game will be in Shep and unlike the previos one in Whorewell, this one is included as part of our season tickets.

As for prices I think prices are pretty reasonable tbh...
Active Support/GA Prices past 4 seasons are as follows:
2011/12 (13HG, 2 Derbys)
Adult $195.00
Concession $120.00
Basic Junior $37.50
Ticker’s Junior Team* $75.00
Teen* $110.00

2012/13 (13HG, 1 Derby)
There was a price freeze with 11-12 prices for a couple months
Adult $215.00 +20
Concession $130.00 +10
Basic Junior* $40.00 +2.5
Ticker’s Junior Team* $80.00 +5
Teen $120.00 +10

2013/14 (14HG, 2 Derbys)
Adult $225 +10
Concession $135 +5
Basic Junior $40 +0
Ticker’s Junior Team $85 +5
Teen $125 +5

However, compare to Season 1, its still hasn't changed much:
2010/11 (15HG, 2 Derbys)
Adult $225 +0
Concession $150 -15
Teen $110 +15
Junior $37.50 +2.5

Compared to AFL in the same period of time we are getting a very good deal, my club:
2010 (11 Games)

Adult$254
Concession  $185
Junior $71

2013 (11 Games)
Adult $280.00 +26
Concession $200.00 +15
Junior $80 +9

So everyone sign up and stop whinging  :up:  :up:  :up: 
  • Like 4

Pay rises help with future earnings, inflation eats away at what has been earned.

Sorry, back to the football.

Pay rises help with future earnings, inflation eats away at what has been earned.

Sorry, back to the football.

They work in relation to each other.

You pay more while being paid more.

The depreciation of money over time is different,

But you earn more and pay more at similar rates i will assume.

To me they were overpriced in the first place and having them cheaper would have probably meant more members.

I will pay anyway, just saying. If we are a community and family club then ticket prices have to reflect it.

Love the way the Bundesliga do season ticketing. For less than 150 euro's, you could have watched Bayern Munich win 4 trophies last season.

To me they were overpriced in the first place and having them cheaper would have probably meant more members.

I will pay anyway, just saying. If we are a community and family club then ticket prices have to reflect it.

Love the way the Bundesliga do season ticketing. For less than 150 euro's, you could have watched Bayern Munich win 4 trophies last season.

As with last year, I would have preferred the price freeze from last seasons prices over the cap offer.

$450.00 is still a fair price although the additional derby booking costs (not the principle of reserving a seat) are a bit of a slap in the face to GA ticket holders. Perhaps it is time to have set seats at the ends of the ground, after all GA and Active are the same prices.

I also have appreciation for the Bundesliga's ticketing. However, they manage to have such impressive prices because Germany is the most populous country in Europe, and one of the wealthiest too, which are key reasons why the Bundesliga has the highest average football attendances in the world (along with the Bundesliga being a fairly old and established league, which means good clubs and good football). The Bundlesliga can therefore get by on low prices for individual tickets because the Bundesliga sells so many tickets.

I hope when the A-League becomes more established that it seeks to learn from and emulate many of the positive qualities that the Bundesliga possesses, but for the time being the A-League and its clubs can't copy it too much.

Slightly off topic, but have you seen what he Melbourne Tigers charge for membership?

Silver, (which is the lowest that I could see):

$384 for only 14x 48min games?

https://memberdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=custom_page&CategoryID=17074&OrgID=4250

$225 is a dead-set bargain. Get around it.

I'm not necessarily convinced making it cheaper would make it more appealing. I had times had trouble GIVING away tickets. Appeal needs to breed/grow.

1288 as of 9.30 am AEST - another 43 over the weekend.

outta curiousity, does anyone have the figures / count from early last season?

been going through last season's members thread and haven't seen anything yet.

Edit: the first number i've seen for last season was posted at the end of August 2012 (at 3650 on the facebook page).

Edited by mattyh001

This was from the Melbourne Heart Facebook Page.

Melbourne Heart FC

50 minutes ago

MEMBER OFFER | Are you ready to start the season with some VIP treatment? Melbourne Heart and its elite compression partner 2XU are treating members to a special night on Wednesday 26 June. Members will receive 20% off everything store-wide, while there is the chance to meet Melbourne Heart players (including one of our new signings), obtain expert advice on the benefits of compression garments, and go in the draw to win some fantastic 2XU and Melbourne Heart prizes.

Register Here: http://bit.ly/13MsjU0

Sign up now to enjoy the on and off field benefits with Melbourne Heart: http://membership.mhfc.com.au/

#HeartBelieve