Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

I pay $250 for my Swans membership and there are only 4 games in Melbourne! But i don't really think twice about it cause I just want to be a member.

I'd also buy a Heart pet membership if they bring it out. It's not like my cat can come to the games (obviously!) but I'd just see it as a donation to the club.

I'd be happy to subsidise you if you brought your cats to games and dyed its hair red and white!

Go the mighty Swans. Premiers!

Shall renew the Heart membership again, hoping we'll be Premiers etc in future........maybe distant future. Wouldn't like HK signing with us, too much about him. Nursed to Brazil imo. It'd be Heart by name, not by nature.

• Like 1

Hopefully the club will listen to some of the feedback they've been given and make some smart moves with the memberships this season. Giving members a bring a mate free ticket mid-season is pointless, Give the first 5,000 members to sign-up 1 free ticket each to our 1st home game. Great way to entice the people they bring along to pick up a membership.

Every year we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot with regards to expanding our membership, get in early and get people signed up early. Not trying to get figures up late in the season with 5 game memberships.

I suggested that foundation members who have had their memberships for all 3 seasons gets a free scarf. Just to show appreciation to the loyal members out there.

They should do what Hawthorn (not sure if other AFL clubs do this) and print the number of years you've been a member on the scarf  ;)

• Like 1

The club knows that this forum exists, and has the Fan Representative Group. Plenty of good suggestions have been put forward . Let's hope they have listened.

IMO it would have been better to wait for some news on new signings, especially the visa players and HK.

At this stage I don't see any incentive to rush in to renew, and if I wasn't already a member I wouldn't see anything yet that would make me say "I want to be a part of Heart next season." We will be renewing for sure, but just trying to be objective about this.

Maybe this is a good thing JW. All the existing members will probably renew their memberships tomorrow (this week) so we will get a good indication by the end of next week (I left room for the mid-month pay-check) how big the core support base is...once the player signing announcements start filtering through we'll hopefully see another spike in memberships.

If HK signs we should hit 10,000 members this season. If we get a decent marquee we might hit 12,000 members. If we get results on the park in the first half of the season, once the 5 game memberships come out we might even hit 15,000!  :D

Someone asks this every year, so to jump the gun, here's the answer!

'Packs will be sent out from mid August. There will be a batch sent weekly in August and September. Thereafter the turnaround time will be 3 to 5 days after order.

Option to collect from AAMI Park on game day / Family Day for free.'

Just noticed that they have switched the away bay to the opposite corner. Strange, yet pointless, decision.

This is due to that area + part of the wings is now General Admin. I'm gathering this is to hopefully get some more people into this area, In order to look better for TV.

The more you look at the website and the package that the Club has put together this coming season, the better it gets.

There is a membership counter in the top right hand corner. The "Help Me Select" menu. The changed seating plans. 20% off accomodation for away games. Being forward with information. The website layout and functionality. "What's new".

Top class performance.

• Like 1

Pretty pleased with this year's membership packages. The club has listened to its members, now it's time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is.

Exactly,

IMO you’re not really a Yarraside Member unless you are a Heart Member.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2