Melbourne Football

Re-Sign Garcia

MARKMILES

Remembering that Garcia's aim is to get to the 2014 World Cup he'd have to be on to his agent Tonight to look for another A League club wouldn't he?

He just doesn't have players around him at Heart who can play at  the level at which he is at  and  it is dragging him down.

And dragging down his chances of getting a National Team Call Up.

Playing with a Central Coast or a WSW etc he would look like a Superstar.

When he had  Marrone or Behich to work with on the wing  he was able to shine but once they left his game dropped.

I  hope Heart can retain him for next Season but you would have to bet it is a long shot.

Edited by MARKMILES
  • Like 1

This thread doesn't make sense. Garcia was recalled to the Socceroos this season as a Heart player, and he didn't play for a while whilst he was a hull city player. 

Behich and Marrone gave a lot to the team and helped lift all the players in it, but regardless Garcia has still stood out as a good player, combining very well with Jeremy Walker.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

This thread annoys me. Why start a rumour?

Garcia is just about the one player coming out of contract that I would go all out to keep. Leading scorer with 6 goals (Tadic has 6 but includes 3 penalties) and potential captain/vice-captain.

• Like 3

Remembering that Garcia's aim is to get to the 2014 World Cup he'd have to be on to his agent Tonight to look for another A League club wouldn't he?

He just doesn't have players around him at Heart who can play at  the level at which he is at  and  it is dragging him down.

And dragging down his chances of getting a National Team Call Up.

Playing with a Central Coast or a WSW etc he would look like a Superstar.

When he had  Marrone or Behich to work with on the wing  he was able to shine but once they left his game dropped.

I  hope Heart can retain him for next Season but you would have to bet it is a long shot.

You're an idiot. Go back on the victory forums were you belong.

It's actually going to be really hard to get any decent players to sign with us. Why would they want to work under Aloisi and Foxe they will learn nothing, have little chance of making finals, use crappy training facilities etc. Guess we need to find unknown players who just appreciate being at an Aleague club. Bit of a worry.

My apologies to Richard Garcia.

Seems his agent might be looking for a new club for him not because he wants to leave Heart but because Heart haven't offered him a new contract!

Surely if he wants to stay Heart would be insane not to resign him.

They're going to re-sign Hoffman? fuck me. That cunt doesn't even deserve to be in the youth squad. Wtf mhfc administration

I cannot believe we have re-signed Germano, Kalmar and Hoffman and not Garcia.

I just cannot. Three players who have contributed, put together, almost nothing this season, instead of the man who is probably the fans' favourite for player of the year.

If true, absolutely unbelievable. There is no hope for next season if we're going on like this. Clearly the administration has not a brain in its collective head.

Too early to get into a huff. Players with greater bargaining power can string out contract discussions until they're satisfied they've got the best deal. Garcia probably fits into that category. The younger players just want to play and have little bargaining power. But if we don't sign Garcia we'll be in shit :angry:

I'm more of a fan of Hoffman than most people and actually think he could be a reasonable player.  But the fact that they hardly played him in the 2nd half of the season, in the worst team in the league, makes re-signing him so quickly seem completely bizarre.  Kalmar and Germano are more understandable but even them I would have doubts over.

I'm interested in seeing how they think that Hoffman fits into our team style. He was a striker that couldn't score at this level, then a midfield utility that still couldn't score (! goal from a deflection in 3 seasons) and defends like a striker. What would his role be in the team? I've got nothing against him, I'm sure that he's a mnice individual, and I'm happy for him getting engaged. He's actually one player that does give his all for the club, I'm just not sure whether what he has to offer is something that we can use.

MHFC adminstration :droy: :droy: :droy: :droy:

I just can't believe that resigning hoffman is a higher priority than signing Garcia.

Is everybody at our club that stupid????

have to sign up our most important players first so we know what money we have left  ;)  

• Like 2

MHFC adminstration :droy: :droy: :droy: :droy:

I just can't believe that resigning hoffman is a higher priority than signing Garcia.

Is everybody at our club that stupid????

have to sign up our most important players first so we know what money we have left  ;)  

Maybe we can all send them an email/phone message about it?