Melbourne Football

Re-Sign Garcia

MARKMILES

It now looks extremely unlikely that Garcia would sign for Perth. Perth's coach, Alistair Edwards, said this week "we're extremely happy with our squad so we're not looking to sign anyone else, but you never say never".

Also, a West Australian sports journalist (Shayne Hope, who writes for The West Australian) tweeted on Wednesday, regarding Garcia possibly signing with Perth, that "Garcia isn't happening".

It seems most likely IMO that Garcia will eventually re-sign with Heart. Apart from a move to the Middle East, a region where Socceroos seem to be rather in demand, I can't imagine where else Garcia could go. If he does re-sign, hopefully the deal can be finalised soon, as Scott Munn said it would be.

It now looks extremely unlikely that Garcia would sign for Perth. Perth's coach, Alistair Edwards, said this week "we're extremely happy with our squad so we're not looking to sign anyone else, but you never say never".

Also, a West Australian sports journalist (Shayne Hope, who writes for The West Australian) tweeted on Wednesday, regarding Garcia possibly signing with Perth, that "Garcia isn't happening".

It seems most likely IMO that Garcia will eventually re-sign with Heart. Apart from a move to the Middle East, a region where Socceroos seem to be rather in demand, I can't imagine where else Garcia could go. If he does re-sign, hopefully the deal can be finalised soon, as Scott Munn said it would be.

well if he does, he better work his ass off in pre-season. Still can't work out why he wouldnt be here for pre-season, regardless of his contract negotiations to prepare himself. 

• Like 1

Perth have already signed 10 players so they can't have too much room left.

I don't think I believe in SM's timetables any more...

So what's happening on this front?

D-Mac on twitter:

@BigMac_82: In memory of @mattthommo8 and @Shime04 may they 1day return 2 their seat at the back of the team bus!

"I didn't add you @RichGarcia19 to that one cause you are coming back to us... Aren't you???"

Garcia replied using a picture which implied that his mouth is shut

So what's happening on this front?

At this point in time, we have put the best monetary offer in front of him, from what I have heard Perth have offered a half-asset offer. I am led to believe each day that passes we are more likely to sign him. He has looked to go overseas but he hasn't been able to get enough money to do so

If he signs with us it's only because he's got nowhere else to go. I don't think that that's the right basis on which to sign a player, and I'd much rather see us sign someone who actually wants to play with Heart.

This guy seems to be too much of a prima donna for my liking. The other guys in the squad are putting in the hard yards on the training track, and have just finished their first pre-season match on a country paddock, so who is this bloke to think he can just swan in when he feels like it and start taking a wage?

Do not want any more.

Edited by jw1739

If he signs with us it's only because he's got nowhere else to go. I don't think that that's the right basis on which to sign a player, and I'd much rather see us sign someone who actually wants to play with Heart.

This guy seems to be too much of a prima donna for my liking. The other guys in the squad are putting in the hard yards on the training track, and have just finished their first pre-season match on a country paddock, so who is this bloke to think he can just swan in when he feels like it and start taking a wage?

Do not want any more.

don't see how it is any different to kewell.

don't care if we sign for Garcia as long as he puts in.

Making noises towards signing up with us for next season in the next few weeks. Check his latest tweet to me.

He always replies to me :')

I live in Darren Cheeseman's electorate and am 18. (100% serious) Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

Personally, in light of the loan return of Behich, I would be tempted to pull Garcia's offer.

We now have a list of Williams, Garrucio, Mebrahtu, Dugandzic and Ramsay who can all play as wingers, and then we are thinking about adding Garcia to that list?

• Like 3

It can fill three more spots with two international players plus an Australian, which the club still hopes could be last season's best and fairest winner, Garcia.

If it's a matter of money, Heart has wiggle room. Harry Kewell is on bargain basement wages, while the club does not have to pay a cent for Behich, on loan from Turkish side Bursaspor.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/golgol-mebrahtus-return-gives-hope-to-melbourne-heart/story-fnibbvjo-1226686572937

... and it goes on.

Fwiw, judging by Garcia's twitter, seems he has started some training of his own..

It can fill three more spots with two international players plus an Australian, which the club still hopes could be last season's best and fairest winner, Garcia.

If it's a matter of money, Heart has wiggle room. Harry Kewell is on bargain basement wages, while the club does not have to pay a cent for Behich, on loan from Turkish side Bursaspor.

Fwiw, judging by Garcia's twitter, seems he has started some training of his own..Yeah, Redders, after Garcia said he trained in the pouring rain, said that the weather was good in Melbourne and that he should come train here haha

It can fill three more spots with two international players plus an Australian, which the club still hopes could be last season's best and fairest winner, Garcia.

If it's a matter of money, Heart has wiggle room. Harry Kewell is on bargain basement wages, while the club does not have to pay a cent for Behich, on loan from Turkish side Bursaspor.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/golgol-mebrahtus-return-gives-hope-to-melbourne-heart/story-fnibbvjo-1226686572937

... and it goes on.

Fwiw, judging by Garcia's twitter, seems he has started some training of his own..

...and FWIW he's changed his Twitter page so that it no longer shows anything about MHFC.

It can fill three more spots with two international players plus an Australian, which the club still hopes could be last season's best and fairest winner, Garcia.

If it's a matter of money, Heart has wiggle room. Harry Kewell is on bargain basement wages, while the club does not have to pay a cent for Behich, on loan from Turkish side Bursaspor.

... and it goes on.

...and FWIW he's changed his Twitter page so that it no longer shows anything about MHFC.His profile photo is still the same...

... and it goes on.

Fwiw, judging by Garcia's twitter, seems he has started some training of his own.. ...and FWIW he's changed his Twitter page so that it no longer shows anything about MHFC.His profile photo is still the same... No it's not lol

Wow his profile photo which was him in a heart shirt is now changed....
His cover photo which was him in a heart top has now changed

and his 'Info' or about him section has changed from being with the heart to australian footballer....

thanks for the memories richy.. if you go to perth I can take it, anywhere else you can fuck right off

This is bullshit. If a player is not training with us and has not signed up with us again 4 months after the season ended then stop stuffing around and pull the offer. Bet you Ange Postecoglou would not put up with this shit at Victory.

• Like 4

Let's say we did pull the offer after a set time... What's stopping another team taking him with less money? How stupid would we feel then?

Leave the offer on the table, we aren't offering him more money, he knows what to expect. If/when no one else offers him more, he has the option to come back to us.

If/when he comes back, great, we increase our depth in the first half of the season.

If not, it leaves us with a bit more money to play with in the Jan transfer windows.

Let him train with Perth for the time being... The offer they tabled was crap in comparison to ours. His family is their and he is enjoying the time with them plus at least he is training.

• Like 1

Making noises towards signing up with us for next season in the next few weeks. Check his latest tweet to me.

He always replies to me :')

I live in Darren Cheeseman's electorate and am 18. (100% serious) Are u gonna vote for him?

Would be putrid if he did. Absolute knob.

Let's say we did pull the offer after a set time... What's stopping another team taking him with less money? How stupid would we feel then?

Leave the offer on the table, we aren't offering him more money, he knows what to expect. If/when no one else offers him more, he has the option to come back to us.

If/when he comes back, great, we increase our depth in the first half of the season.

If not, it leaves us with a bit more money to play with in the Jan transfer windows.

Let him train with Perth for the time being... The offer they tabled was crap in comparison to ours. His family is their and he is enjoying the time with them plus at least he is training.

Ultimately an offer has to be withdrawn, otherwise how could we sign our 23rd player? Can't have 2 players sign valid contracts and then tell one of them "sorry, we've gone over our numbers cap - no deal after all."

Anyway, are we sure he's actually training with Perth, or is he doing it by himself?