Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Heidar Helguson is a free agent. Massively under-rated striker with a good goal scoring record in the Premiership and Championship. Bagged 8 goals for Cardiff as they won the league last season, and scored 8 in 16 appearances for QPR in the Premiership in 2011/12. 

Would be 36 before the season starts but has played 30+ games in 3 of the last 4 seasons in the Championship .

• Like 1

Just read this on TWG website

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1158596/Heart-in-hunt-for-Dutch-ace-Falkenberg

Not Van Bommel, but I'm sure this will spark conversation.

didulica says that he has never heard of the guy.

WorldGame making stories up..

Yep, The World Game have been atrocious regarding all things Heart this off-season & pre-season. As Didulica also tweeted "I'm only a tweet away, if they need anything!" (Munn tweeted something similar after a previous untrue Heart article as well).

Hope to God no. This guy is atrocious. Can't believe that we would even consider him.

And no more ex-Victory players thank you. Not the right image for the club.

I can't understand why we don't sign Bray. He was voted our NYL player of the year, so why not sign the guy on a one-year contract? Sometimes I wonder about this club...

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Hope to God no. This guy is atrocious. Can't believe that we would even consider him.

I can't understand why we don't sign Bray. He was voted our NYL player of the year, so why not sign the guy on a one-year contract? Sometimes I wonder about this club...

I dunno about Bray. Was talking to Bolton about him a few days ago. He said that yeah he's a good keeper but isn't sure that if Redders goes down that you'd trust him to play 90 minutes of A-League football week in week out. That he may need to do a little more developing. Edited by Jimmy

No to Flappy Velaphi. As JW said, he's terrible and a former Victory player. I'm sure he'd probably reach his max potential at Heart, as opposed to where he's been under performing recently, but I don't think he's got much potential.

The other four candidates sound good, and better than him in my opinion:

- Sebastian Usai, 23, who's been with Blackburn Rovers since 2011

- Lewis Moss

- Jamie Young, 27, has had a few caps for multiple English youth teams (U18, U19, U20), and has played in England's lower tiers for several years

- Alastair Bray

I wouldn't trust Velaphi as our backup GK. He makes at least one terrible mistake every few games. I'd prefer one of the other 4, even Moss or Bray, as they are decent and young enough to become much better.

I dunno about Bray. Was talking to Bolton about him a few days ago. He said that yeah he's a good keeper but isn't sure that if Redders goes down that you'd trust him to play 90 minutes of A-League football week in week out. That he may need to do a little more developing.

Thats the thing I wouldnt trust velaphi for 9 minutes let alone 90.

Sorry, where does it say Victory? It just says Melbourne.

Regardless, what the fuck are we doing if we aren't rivaling them for him? Ridiculous, we obviously have the cash ffs.. 

As far as I can tell (with google translate), the bottom paragraph says that the team finished 3rd (as the tards did)...

It's okay though, we'll have Tando Velaphi  :up:

• Like 1

Th article says about the Melbourne team: "which came 3rd in last years league".

This is freaking frustrating!

He would  be sooooo perfect for us.

Such a quality player and a great number 10 to play in behind Kewell.

Please can the article be wrong and this be Heart signing him- not Victory :(

If the Victory get him and we get someone mediocre, it will certainly impact our reputation in Melbourne...

Edited by tommac

Th article says about the Melbourne team: "which came 3rd in last years league".

This is freaking frustrating!

He would  be sooooo perfect for us.

Such a quality player and a great number 10 to play in behind Kewell.

Please can the article be wrong and this be Heart signing him- not Victory :(

If the Victory get him and we get someone mediocre, it will certainly impact our reputation in Melbourne...

As if we don't already have the bridesmaid tag anyway 

It mentions that the club finished 3rd in the table last season, so unfortunately it's them...

Great for the league but I really hope we have someone amazing lined up.

we need jimmy to reassure us all that our target is someone huge, given is newly aquired information from the training session :P