Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Given the attacking balance in the squad thus far, and the names that we have been linked with, a 4-3-3 might be changed for something different. Perhaps a 4-2-3-1?

That makes sense when you consider they're trying for Holt, a big strong striker capable of holding the ball up.

Have been playing 4-2-3-1 ever since JA has been in charge..

What he needs to prove next season is an ability to make changes when things aren't going well..

There it is right there "the ability to make changes when things aren't going well", totally agree. 

I kept hearing the statistic during last year, that if the season was based only on first half performances, Heart would be on top of the table (or very close to it), meaning our second halves sucked. 

Not sure if this is totally true, but according to this article, Heart were the only club in the 2012/13 A-League season not to gain a single point after going behind. 

http://www.fromthestandsal.com/2013/04/01/heart-problems-201213-season-review/

The ability of JA to adapt to the game and scoreboard is something we all should be looking at next season.

Edited by Semper Cor
  • Like 1

To play a 4-2-3-1 you need two solid and reliable DMs and an incredibly creative AM between the wingers. Last season we had half a DM in Germano (not his best season) and bugger all creative spark bar Kalmar's good game and a half. This needs to be addressed and hopefully Murdocca is a good start with Kewell the possibility behind the striker. Kewell could fill this role but the wingers will be flogged. When he was with Victory he didn't track back very much at all which was really poor. He'd have to work on this or be played as the striker if we don't secure a decent forward., with possibly Dugandzic as the AM.

I don't want to be too pedantic but we mainly played a 4-3-3 last season. The wingers were well forward with Tadic and the midfield often all sat deep meaning opponents could play out too easily in the midfield space. Fred when playing didn't push far forward as often as he should and Kalmar was too inconsistent. You couldn't blame the AMs - with Thompson/Hoff/Meeuwis playing as DMs with Germano, they needed help due to lack of skill and talent. We were flogged in the middle of the park.

was having a bit of a look around on google / wiki / etc and as a bit of an off thought, could there be a chance that David Carney might be signed for next season?

as a disclaimer, I have never been a big fan of Carney.  However, the guy has some serious experience overseas and for the Socceroos, and can fill a spot on the left as a bit of an utility.  Yes, we have Ramsey and Williams for further up the park, but Mitchinson still has a bit of development - Carney would be an interesting choice for cover / squad competion.  He can play at the back and it would mean Williams can then be used on the right where / when needed. 

He left Bunyodkor at the end of last season and is yet to be signed by anyone so there is a chance (probably a decent chance) that he would come cheap(ish).

as I said this is an off thought.  I couldn't see it being a long term deal, but would provide an interesting choice - plus he is only 29 (turns 30 in November).

Edited by mattyh001

was having a bit of a look around on google / wiki / etc and as a bit of an off thought, could there be a chance that David Carney might be signed for next season?

as a disclaimer, I have never been a big fan of Carney.  However, the guy has some serious experience overseas and for the Socceroos, and can fill a spot on the left as a bit of an utility.  Yes, we have Ramsey and Williams for further up the park, but Mitchinson still has a bit of development - Carney would be an interesting choice for cover / squad competion.  He can play at the back and it would mean Williams can then be used on the right where / when needed. 

He left Bunyodkor at the end of last season and is yet to be signed by anyone so there is a chance (probably a decent chance) that he would come cheap(ish).

as I said this is an off thought.  I couldn't see it being a long term deal, but would provide an interesting choice - plus he is only 29 (turns 30 in November).

post-2930-0-72121500-1370218332_thumb.jp

only experience is his year on the bench in the epl, and being to shit to even receive wages in uzbekistan... lets not discuss this, lets just end it at that...

Mark Hughes the former CB from North Qld Fury is out of contract at Bury. He was pure quality in his 1 season in the A-League, 26y.o and was captain of Walsall at 21 iirc. Physically strong and a commanding presence at the back, exactly what we need.

What about a 4-2-2-2?

[ 1 ]

2  -  3  -  4  -  5

6     -     7  

8          -         9

10    -    11

Otherwise, I don't mind the 4-2-3-1...

[ 1 ]

2  -  3  -  4  -  5

6     -     7  

8     -   10    -   9

Mark Hughes the former CB from North Qld Fury is out of contract at Bury. He was pure quality in his 1 season in the A-League, 26y.o and was captain of Walsall at 21 iirc. Physically strong and a commanding presence at the back, exactly what we need.

Very good CB, always liked him.

I think he was rumored to be in talks with another a-league club (Newcastle maybe?)

Edited by heart_fan10

Has the club signed Patrick Kisnorbo because on wikipedia he is in our current squad...... and for his profile his current club is Melbourne Heart

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Kisnorbo

Has the club signed Patrick Kisnorbo because on wikipedia he is in our current squad...... and for his profile his current club is Melbourne Heart

Lol I don't think he has mate. Wiki is always full of shit

Welcome to Melbourne Patty K

Kisnorbo has plans that he might be signing with the Hyundai A-League club Melbourne Heart.

Thats vague even for a wikipedia page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22402523

its the first i have heard of it but he has certainly be released so it would be an interesting and certainly possible pick up.  given how injury prone Kisnorbo has been, i get that worried feeling that it could turn into another Grella situation.

from some of the posting on here and Heart announcements that apparently there are meant to be a few signings this week from overseas so maybe the cat has gotten out of the bag here early.

Lol I don't think he has mate. Wiki is always full of shit

Welcome to Melbourne Patty K

Kisnorbo has plans that he might be signing with the Hyundai A-League club Melbourne Heart.

Thats vague even for a wikipedia page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22402523

its the first i have heard of it but he has certainly be released so it would be an interesting and certainly possible pick up.  given how injury prone Kisnorbo has been, i get that worried feeling that it could turn into another Grella situation.

from some of the posting on here and Heart announcements that apparently there are meant to be a few signings this week from overseas so maybe the cat has gotten out of the bag here early.

Viduka has been listed as a Heart Player at least 5 times on Wikipedia.

if we want to have a really good season we must have a very strong core of Australian players. Signings like Kewell, Kisnorbo and Garcia would put us in an extremely good position.

Then 3 quality visa signings would top off the squad.

Then club seems to be getting better at scouting overseas players, so I'm fairly confident we're going to get quality when it comes to them.