Melbourne Football

City in the headlines

millm103

We want to change everything about the franchise apart from one thing, we don't want 'everything'. If they are thinking long-term and insist on a colour change then timing is important. Get to know us, earn our trust, become a part of us, win us a Premiership and success in red and white and then talk about a change of colours

We want to change everything about the franchise apart from one thing, we don't want 'everything'. If they are thinking long-term and insist on a colour change then timing is important. Get to know us, earn our trust, become a part of us, win us a Premiership and success in red and white and then talk about a change of colours

And the difference is??? I think your underestimating how difficult it would be to make changes especially if we do win a premiership.

FWIW, at the FRG meeting, Simon Pearce adamantly stated that City do not do business through the media, when it comes to responding to rumours and innuendo.

TA, I was owndering if you could shed a tiny bit of light on a few things:

Did anyone specifically ask the question "Will we play at home in red and white next year?" and if so, what was the response?

Also they said they wanted the support of the majority of the fans for their changes- do they say how they will assess that support?

Cheers

And the difference is??? I think your underestimating how difficult it would be to make changes especially if we do win a premiership.

A change from the inside that comes from a position of success can be easier than an imposed change that feels like it's taking the only thing that we have

A change from the inside that comes from a position of success can be easier than an imposed change that feels like it's taking the only thing that we have

For me success is but a by product. I don't and have never supported heart because of success, as much as I want them to win. Give me a premiership I'll still have the same stance on change of colours no matter what. So my point is you will find a lot of people also like this.

• Like 3

And the difference is??? I think your underestimating how difficult it would be to make changes especially if we do win a premiership. A change from the inside that comes from a position of success can be easier than an imposed change that feels like it's taking the only thing that we have

For me success is but a by product. I don't and have never supported heart because of success, as much as I want them to win. Give me a premiership I'll still have the same stance on change of colours no matter what. So my point is you will find a lot of people also like this.

Sure, but any change is more likely to be accepted by more fans in that situation. Some as you say will never accept it.

We have no proof though that it's the actual CFG reps that have either advised sydney FC or have advised someone who in turn has told them.

I doubt the FFA are kind enough to bother to check with another club about their feelings at the risk of City taking their monorail money and staff elsewhere, even if it is SFC.

Sash is closest to my PoV for the moment, I really don't think anyone knows what to believe considering all we have is two journos and a statement made by a CFG rep to fan reps.

Also HEARTinator - that seems a bit odd to me considering all city fans on here have said CFG don't do their business through the media??

i think we're dealing here with professionals and they'll use media outlets as required. The invitation to Lynch and Davo was about getting local media onside so that stories and messages with the right atmospherics can be conveyed to the local hoi polloi. We're being conditioned to the idea that there will be some change to our strips, what those changes are we don't know but it's a conditioning exercise. So let's not be surprised if/when changes are announced. If we do keep a total Red & White strip for home matches then bewdy coz my current wardrobe won't need tossing out :) 1. Why would you turf your Heart gear?

2. Why would you not wear it to games in future, regardless?

LR9, the answers to your questions are NO I won't be turfing out my three shirts, and YES it'd be great fun to wear the original gear when the overlords-in-suits change it to something else. Bit like the ManU fans waving their green+yellow scarves. Apologies but the "smiley face" should have been a "cheeky bastard smiley". Must learn next time .... :oops:

For me the main reason I am against the colour change is that I am not from Manchester I have no interest in supporting a club from Manchester. Call it Melbourne City if you like but the club will be set up to serve City's interests. I don't care if they have money and bring in success. Success in cyclical especially in the A-League. We would have got there at some point. If the club does not grow organically to achieve that success it will feel hollow to me. If the whole club does change then it is back to the NSL days of having clubs that literally represent foreign nations/Clubs which is what the A-League was meant to get away from (Apart from the Roar who seem to have got in on the back of an almighty episode of hypocrisy). As hopeless as the old owners where at least they were from Melbourne and set up a club for Melbourne.

I have other objections to the change of Colours and what they represent but the above is the main reason.

worst case compromise for me would be a sky blue kit with either a red and white sash or a red and white vertical stripe down the middle. 

I for one would love the red and white kit to remain as we are our own identity and the FFA should make that very clear but i don`t see that being the case!! 

The most difficult thing is to try and hope whilst the media are saying a colour change is more or less a done thing.

Because of the silence from the owners people will believe what the media say.

At the moment on our forums City fans are believing what is being written about us failing FFPR and the penalties that we will be given. The club are saying nothing as is their way.

Of course City use the media from time to time, just like any other football clubs. However, there are certain times when they will keep their counsel.

This is very frustrating for you fans, because a simple announcement will stop all the speculation and suffering.

I won't pretend I know what is going to happen, but am still confident you will stay in Red & White for your home shirt.

I guess we will all know before long one way or the other.

The most difficult thing is to try and hope whilst the media are saying a colour change is more or less a done thing.

Because of the silence from the owners people will believe what the media say.

At the moment on our forums City fans are believing what is being written about us failing FFPR and the penalties that we will be given. The club are saying nothing as is their way.

Of course City use the media from time to time, just like any other football clubs. However, there are certain times when they will keep their counsel.

This is very frustrating for you fans, because a simple announcement will stop all the speculation and suffering.

I won't pretend I know what is going to happen, but am still confident you will stay in Red & White for your home shirt.

I guess we will all know before long one way or the other.

Silva10, you are quite possibly the only reason a few of us remain hopeful!

Some pathetic propaganda from the official FFA website attached to an interview with Garuccio (notice how Garuccio never actually mentions the colours):

Colours not the main game for Garuccio

John Greco

18 April, 2014

Whether it's sky blue or red and white, Melbourne City or Heart, Ben Garuccio is confident his club's future under the ownership of Manchester City will make the club a force.

After a disappointing in the Hyundai A-League season saw Heart finish with the wooden spoon, teenager Garuccio is already looking ahead to the new campaign with excitement.

Much of that enthusiasm comes from the changes that have – and will continue to – materialise since The City Group bought an 80% share in the Aussie club for $11.25million in January.

There is already talk of a change of club name and colours, with more significant on-field changes sure to follow as well.

City's acquisition was around the time the struggling Heart started to find their groove in the A-League and also when Garuccio began to make an impact in the starting side.

"The second half of the season was very positive, we strung a few wins together and it was good to be a part of the team as much as I could," Garuccio told www.footballaustralia.com.au this week.

"We've got a big year with Man City coming in, it's exciting times at the club and I'm happy to be there for the future.

“They've (City) done a few things here and there, made changes around the facilities and things like that.

"There's been a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we're not really aware of so I'm sure there's a lot planned for the year coming up.

"Once it comes into action I think we'll really benefit from it. Not just on the field but off the field as well.

"They are looking to do a lot of things in the community, we're already a community friendly club and like to get people involved so I'm sure we'll improve that and then on the field as well.

"I'm sure they are looking to improve that, that's the main focus of the football club and I'm very confident that we will."

After being rarely sighted under former coach John Aloisi this season, Garuccio went on to make 12 appearances in the A-League when John van 't Schip took the reins.

The 18-year-old winger, who has been used mainly at left-back under van 't Schip, aims to become a first-team regular next season.

"It was great to get a good run in the team at the end of the season and hopefully I can build on that for next year," Garuccio said.

"I really enjoyed playing at left-back and I learned a lot about my game.

"At the same time I still feel I can play on the wing as well. It's really the coaches choice and wherever they want to put me or see me I don't really mind to much as long as I'm playing and giving my best."

Garuccio said it was the help and guidance of Aziz Behich that made his transition to left-back easier, while the experience of the likes of Orlando Engelaar and the retiring Harry Kewell has been priceless.

And he's taken all that into camp with the Young Socceroos as he hopes to eventually win a spot in Paul Okon's squad for October's AFC Under-19 Championships in Myanmar.

Asked about the progress of the side and their hopes in the tournament, Garuccio said: "It's a big year ahead of us with the qualification (for the World Cup) at the end of the year so it's always good to get together as much as possible.

"All coming from different clubs we need to be on the same wavelength and start gelling together as soon as we can and playing the way Paolo (Okon) wants us.

"It's about everyone playing football. That's what he wants, pretty football with short passing. So it's enjoyable for everyone because you get more touches on the ball.

"Once we can put that into action and start scoring some goals, I'm confident we'll do well."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Colours-not-the-main-game-for-Garuccio/89959

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Some pathetic propaganda from the official FFA website attached to an interview with Garuccio (notice how Garuccio never actually mentions the colours):

Colours not the main game for Garuccio

John Greco

18 April, 2014

Whether it's sky blue or red and white, Melbourne City or Heart, Ben Garuccio is confident his club's future under the ownership of Manchester City will make the club a force.

After a disappointing in the Hyundai A-League season saw Heart finish with the wooden spoon, teenager Garuccio is already looking ahead to the new campaign with excitement.

Much of that enthusiasm comes from the changes that have – and will continue to – materialise since The City Group bought an 80% share in the Aussie club for $11.25million in January.

There is already talk of a change of club name and colours, with more significant on-field changes sure to follow as well.

City's acquisition was around the time the struggling Heart started to find their groove in the A-League and also when Garuccio began to make an impact in the starting side.

"The second half of the season was very positive, we strung a few wins together and it was good to be a part of the team as much as I could," Garuccio told www.footballaustralia.com.au this week.

"We've got a big year with Man City coming in, it's exciting times at the club and I'm happy to be there for the future.

“They've (City) done a few things here and there, made changes around the facilities and things like that.

"There's been a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we're not really aware of so I'm sure there's a lot planned for the year coming up.

"Once it comes into action I think we'll really benefit from it. Not just on the field but off the field as well.

"They are looking to do a lot of things in the community, we're already a community friendly club and like to get people involved so I'm sure we'll improve that and then on the field as well.

"I'm sure they are looking to improve that, that's the main focus of the football club and I'm very confident that we will."

After being rarely sighted under former coach John Aloisi this season, Garuccio went on to make 12 appearances in the A-League when John van 't Schip took the reins.

The 18-year-old winger, who has been used mainly at left-back under van 't Schip, aims to become a first-team regular next season.

"It was great to get a good run in the team at the end of the season and hopefully I can build on that for next year," Garuccio said.

"I really enjoyed playing at left-back and I learned a lot about my game.

"At the same time I still feel I can play on the wing as well. It's really the coaches choice and wherever they want to put me or see me I don't really mind to much as long as I'm playing and giving my best."

Garuccio said it was the help and guidance of Aziz Behich that made his transition to left-back easier, while the experience of the likes of Orlando Engelaar and the retiring Harry Kewell has been priceless.

And he's taken all that into camp with the Young Socceroos as he hopes to eventually win a spot in Paul Okon's squad for October's AFC Under-19 Championships in Myanmar.

Asked about the progress of the side and their hopes in the tournament, Garuccio said: "It's a big year ahead of us with the qualification (for the World Cup) at the end of the year so it's always good to get together as much as possible.

"All coming from different clubs we need to be on the same wavelength and start gelling together as soon as we can and playing the way Paolo (Okon) wants us.

"It's about everyone playing football. That's what he wants, pretty football with short passing. So it's enjoyable for everyone because you get more touches on the ball.

"Once we can put that into action and start scoring some goals, I'm confident we'll do well."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Colours-not-the-main-game-for-Garuccio/89959 Yep, looks like the FFA's own website is now getting in on the Sensationalism Journalism act too... :rolleyes:

Do these people even proof read their own articles or are they just illiterate?

"After a disappointing in the Hyundai A-League season saw Heart finish with the wooden spoon"

Also "I don't really mind to much as long as I'm playing"

How journalists don't know the difference between to, too and two is still beyond me.

• Like 2

Do these people even proof read their own articles or are they just illiterate?

"After a disappointing in the Hyundai A-League season saw Heart finish with the wooden spoon"

Also "I don't really mind to much as long as I'm playing"

How journalists don't know the difference between to, too and two is still beyond me.

In order of importance:

1. Propaganda

2. Antagonism

3. Literacy

It's still not nearly as frustrating as the article where David gallop talks about memberships

Club members the heart and soul of A-League Wednesday, 16 April 2014 5:00 PM

The players score the goals, the coaches make the calls and the pundits give their verdict. But there would be no show without the heart and soul of the Hyundai A-League – our Club Members.

You live the dream, you keep the faith and you wear the colours. We see you and we hear you at every match. Without you, the A-League would not be what it is today.

As we enter the Hyundai A-league Finals Series after a thrilling end to the regular season, I want to share some fantastic news.

If you’re a member, you’re one of 96,641 people who have set a record this Season 9. That number is an all-time high for club membership and a massive 32% increase on Season 8.

Congratulations and thank you to each and every member. We value your investment of time, emotional energy and hard-earned dollars into your club. You are the most important signings ever made by a football club.

Members embody the culture and spirit of a club like no other stakeholder. The nature of sport means players, coaches and officials can experience a transient lifestyle and represent several clubs in a career, but members have a loyalty that’s like super-glue.

On behalf of the 10 A-League clubs, I formally invite you to join the mission for Season 10. We have set ourselves the ambitious target of reaching 120,000 members.

This is important. Members not only provide a club with a reason for being, they provide lifeblood of crucial support.

The noise and colour on an A-League match day creates the best atmosphere in sport. The way that support lifts team performance is obvious to all. Away from the stadium, you bring the club to life with everything from the replica strip you wear to those passionate comments on social media.

The funding provided by membership ranks alongside sponsorship as the biggest source of income for most A-League clubs. That allows clubs to invest in assets that ultimately benefit team performance, like expert personnel and training facilities.

It’s very satisfying that the membership growth has occurred across the competition. The A-League is played in eight cities across five time zones, but the buzz is reaching far and wide. The percentage growth figures for individual clubs speak for themselves - Wanderers up 141%, Mariners up 68%, Roar up 52%.

Meanwhile, Victory added 19% to their member ranks to have over 22,000 paid-up and proud supporters, the biggest membership in the competition.

Sydney FC cracked the 10,000-mark for the first time by lifting membership by 28% and Adelaide United jumped by 23% while the Jets continue to have over 10,000 proud Novocastrians signed up on their membership roster.

Clear growth as well for Heart, Glory and Phoenix has helped Season 9 to be the most successful and vibrant season yet for club membership.

This is the best indication that the membership culture is alive and well and importantly spreading through your club and your competition.

As we enter the Hyundai A-League Finals Series it’s time for greatness. Only one team and its members will enjoy the euphoria that comes with a Grand Final triumph.

But every member in every club can feel satisfied that they did their bit in Season 9. Buying a membership makes you the heart and soul of our competition.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/gallop-opinion-display/Club-members-the-heart-and-soul-of-ALeague/89870

Surely even he must know that what he's saying is complete bullshit

I was actually thinking about "memberships" this morning. 

Now its not us, the fans, that decided that a season ticket holder should be given the status of "CLUB MEMBER".  This is what the A League proclaimed and seemingly it has been backed up by the clubs.  Well YOU keep telling us we are members, so how about we start demanding that we actually get treated like members?

Where is our say in running the club?

Where is our say in critical decisions about the clubs future?

Wake up Dave - you can't have it both ways.

Now its not us, the fans, that decided that a season ticket holder should be given the status of "CLUB MEMBER".  This is what the A League proclaimed and seemingly it has been backed up by the clubs.  Well YOU keep telling us we are members, so how about we start demanding that we actually get treated like members?

Shahanga I don't agree with your stance on another issue, but on this one I am right with you.

We should continue to always refer to ourselves as "STHs" (season-ticket holders) until we do gain some formal position of input into the decisions made by our "club." Otherwise we are perpetuating the myth of "membership."

IMHO this really is a fundamental principle worth fighting for.

• Like 1

Shahanga I don't agree with your stance on another issue, but on this one I am right with you.

We should continue to always refer to ourselves as "STHs" (season-ticket holders) until we do gain some formal position of input into the decisions made by our "club." Otherwise we are perpetuating the myth of "membership."

I agree with you both. However consider the larger marketplace and ask do consumers really drive the market? Does a free market system work? The answer is no it's just a way for people with more money than you to dictate the way you do things. 'Membership' is a joke in it's current guise and the FFA and clubs are doing what all the corporate world does and paying bullshit lip service to us all. Perhaps that's why so many free market entities (fans) don't interact with the game here?

Now its not us, the fans, that decided that a season ticket holder should be given the status of "CLUB MEMBER". This is what the A League proclaimed and seemingly it has been backed up by the clubs. Well YOU keep telling us we are members, so how about we start demanding that we actually get treated like members?

I agree with you both. However consider the larger marketplace and ask do consumers really drive the market? Does a free market system work? The answer is no it's just a way for people with more money than you to dictate the way you do things. 'Membership' is a joke in it's current guise and the FFA and clubs are doing what all the corporate world does and paying bullshit lip service to us all. Perhaps that's why so many free market entities (fans) don't interact with the game here?

Lol you just said a free market does not work and then gave an example of it working....

Jw, I enjoy reading all your posts -always well thought out and passionate about the club, but its fair to say we probably disagree on a lot of things!

In regards to this issue, I just wish the FFA was more honest with themselves and the fans.  I can handle just being a season ticket holder, but don't pretend I'm more than that. 

'Season ticket holders' or fans, and 'franchise' rather than members and club. 

Now its not us, the fans, that decided that a season ticket holder should be given the status of "CLUB MEMBER". This is what the A League proclaimed and seemingly it has been backed up by the clubs. Well YOU keep telling us we are members, so how about we start demanding that we actually get treated like members?

Lol you just said a free market does not work and then gave an example of it working....

Perhaps it was tongue in check?

IMHO this really is a fundamental principle worth fighting for. I agree with you both. However consider the larger marketplace and ask do consumers really drive the market? Does a free market system work? The answer is no it's just a way for people with more money than you to dictate the way you do things. 'Membership' is a joke in it's current guise and the FFA and clubs are doing what all the corporate world does and paying bullshit lip service to us all. Perhaps that's why so many free market entities (fans) don't interact with the game here? Lol you just said a free market does not work and then gave an example of it working....

Haha. My bad.

IMHO this really is a fundamental principle worth fighting for. I agree with you both. However consider the larger marketplace and ask do consumers really drive the market? Does a free market system work? The answer is no it's just a way for people with more money than you to dictate the way you do things. 'Membership' is a joke in it's current guise and the FFA and clubs are doing what all the corporate world does and paying bullshit lip service to us all. Perhaps that's why so many free market entities (fans) don't interact with the game here? Lol you just said a free market does not work and then gave an example of it working....

Haha. My bad.

All good fun.

• Like 1

Melbourne Heart in bid for new look

Melbourne Heart may not just play in a similar uniform as Manchester City next season, but could be wearing a near exact replica playing strip.

The application to change the club's identity will include a uniform involving the same kit manufacturer and front-of-shirt sponsor as the English Premier League giants. 

The identity change is yet to be approved by the Football Federation of Australia but Fairfax Media understands that should the governing body accept the proposals, the club will wear a sky blue Nike jersey with Etihad Airlines as sponsor, just like its parent club. 

Under the proposed application, Melbourne Heart will be renamed Melbourne City, its logo will be changed and its home uniform be white socks, white shorts and a sky blue jersey. 

FFA chief executive David Gallop confirmed negotiations with Melbourne Heart and its owners regarding a change of the club's identity, but said there has not been a decision made as to whether Melbourne City will take form under the proposed terms.

"We have received an application from Melbourne Heart/Melbourne City and are still working through our process regarding the request for a change," Gallop said. 

The proposed re-branding of the A-League club sparked tensions with Sydney FC over the clash of identity with a sporting brand known as "The Sky Blues" as well as earning the ire of some of the more hardened fans of Melbourne Heart.

Heart's supporter group unveiled banners proclaiming "Keep Melbourne Red & White" at its final home game of the season against Western Sydney Wanderers last weekend, though a proposed name-change to Melbourne City hasn't been met with as much widespread discontent.

Melbourne Heart registered the lowest single crowd attendance of the season and has traditionally struggled with average attendances. City's takeover is regarded by some involved in the process as a much-needed facelift for a club that has been dwarfed by the success of Melbourne Victory. 

Edited by Davy21

Maybe I need to write to David Gallop

I just did this earlier today actually, I was pretty angry so it's not the best written letter haha.

A message for Mr. David Gallop,

I am a loyal and passionate Melbourne Heart active member who has been a supporter since the club's inception into the Hyundai A-League and I have made it to 7 home games this season whilst living 300km away from the city, so it should be noted that I am no fair-weather fan.

When it first came to my attention that global powerhouse Manchester City were taking over my club, I was incredibly excited as I began to think of all of the possibilities that may come with such a sale. However, as the whispers and rumours regarding a complete overhaul of the club's current identity in exchange for a new name, new logo and most importantly, new colours grew louder, I started to become a little more cautious and apprehensive. And judging by recent reports in the media and discussions with the fan representatives group for Melbourne Heart, it seems as though this complete and utter sellout of our club is all but imminent.

I think I can speak for most Melbourne Heart fans in saying that a name change isn't a deal breaker - Manchester City are after all, utilising their resources for the greater good of the club so a compromise is completely understandable. A logo change? Well sure, Manchester City want to create a global family brand so a recognisable logo similar to Manchester City's and New York City FC's makes sense too, clubs often make alterations to their logos. But changing our colours is where the line is drawn and crossed, our colours are the main point of our identity. The colours red and white represent the City of Melbourne, they are a point of difference not only between us and our local rivals who also play in blue, but also in the league of only 10 clubs where Sydney FC already occupy the sky blue colours. But most importantly, they represent our short yet important history in the league and they represent the memories our supporters have experienced since day one.

I love Melbourne Heart, win or lose. That's something to consider, as on-field success next season as 'Melbourne City' whilst wearing sky blue means nothing to me as it'll feel completely superficial and hollow. All season, I have supported the club through the most dire of times and the most thrilling of times, singing and chanting at the top of my lungs at the Yarraside end, winning or losing - wearing red and white. I was also involved in the 'Keep Melbourne Red & White' campaign where I also donated my hard-earned money towards the cause and attended the game to voice my concerns,

I think I, along with my fellow supporters would agree that a compromise to wear a sky blue away kit would have been perfectly acceptable but with recent reports suggesting that official requests for colour changes have already been requested, I am sadly led to believe that the Melbourne Heart supporters' cause was one that was already lost.

So Mr. Gallop, by allowing Manchester City to transform our club into a mini-version of themselves against the strong wishes of the supporters, you and the FFA are effectively allowing the destruction of Melbourne Heart's identity and in doing so, you are setting a very dangerous precedent for the future of this league. I am not one to say how the supporters and members will react to the decision made, but I can assure you that any blood spilled will be on your hands and it will not go unheard.

Melbourne Heart is red and white, and it should remain red and white.

Nathan [redacted],

A disgruntled Melbourne Heart member

Edited by malloy
  • Like 1

I just did this earlier today actually, I was pretty angry so it's not the best written letter haha.

I am a loyal and passionate Melbourne Heart active member who has been a supporter since the club's inception into the Hyundai A-League and I have made it to 7 home games this season whilst living 300km away from the city, so it should be noted that I am no fair-weather fan.

When it first came to my attention that global powerhouse Manchester City were taking over my club, I was incredibly excited as I began to think of all of the possibilities that may come with such a sale. However, as the whispers and rumours regarding a complete overhaul of the club's current identity in exchange for a new name, new logo and most importantly, new colours grew louder, I started to become a little more cautious and apprehensive. And judging by recent reports in the media and discussions with the fan representatives group for Melbourne Heart, it seems as though this complete and utter sellout of our club is all but imminent.

I think I can speak for most Melbourne Heart fans in saying that a name change isn't a deal breaker - Manchester City are after all, utilising their resources for the greater good of the club so a compromise is completely understandable. A logo change? Well sure, Manchester City want to create a global family brand so a recognisable logo similar to Manchester City's and New York City FC's makes sense too, clubs often make alterations to their logos. But changing our colours is where the line is drawn and crossed, our colours are the main point of our identity. The colours red and white represent the City of Melbourne, they are a point of difference not only between us and our local rivals who also play in blue, but also in the league of only 10 clubs where Sydney FC already occupy the sky blue colours. But most importantly, they represent our short yet important history in the league and they represent the memories our supporters have experienced since day one.

I love Melbourne Heart, win or lose. That's something to consider, as on-field success next season as 'Melbourne City' whilst wearing sky blue means nothing to me as it'll feel completely superficial and hollow. All season, I have supported the club through the most dire of times and the most thrilling of times, singing and chanting at the top of my lungs at the Yarraside end, winning or losing - wearing red and white. I was also involved in the 'Keep Melbourne Red & White' campaign where I also donated my hard-earned money towards the cause and attended the game to voice my concerns,

I think I, along with my fellow supporters would agree that a compromise to wear a sky blue away kit would have been perfectly acceptable but with recent reports suggesting that official requests for colour changes have already been requested, I am sadly led to believe that the Melbourne Heart supporters' cause was one that was already lost.

So Mr. Gallop, by allowing Manchester City to transform our club into a mini-version of themselves against the strong wishes of the supporters, you and the FFA are effectively allowing the destruction of Melbourne Heart's identity and in doing so, you are setting a very dangerous precedent for the future of this league. I am not one to say how the supporters and members will react to the decision made, but I can assure you that any blood spilled will be on your hands and it will not go unheard.

Nathan [redacted],

Excellent letter, but I'd ease up "on the blood spilled" side of things!  We want Gallop on our side, not referring your letter to the Australian Federal Police.

I will also write to Gallop and encourage others to do so.  If City are indeed planning this (something I can only think of as the rape of Melbourne Heart) its got nothing to do with developing football in this country and everything to do with dodging the provisions of FFP.

Nathan [redacted],

Excellent letter, but I'd ease up "on the blood spilled" side of things!  We want Gallop on our side, not referring your letter to the Australian Federal Police.

I will also write to Gallop and encourage others to do so.  If City are indeed planning this (something I can only think of as the rape of Melbourne Heart) its got nothing to do with developing football in this country and everything to do with dodging the provisions of FFP.

It was a terrible analogy for "losing the fans" ahaha  :(

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/report-melbourne-player-25386/

"The Australian may have some answers. According to the report, Melbourne Hearts (Manchester City’s other satellite club) may take on a foreign “guest player” to Melbourne; an individual who would likely be a “marquee player” under the New York City FC umbrella."

Comrades, ManC are the orbiting spacing station and we've become Sputnik LOL! Or maybe just space junk hahahaha.