Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Just a question.

Samaras or Kennedy?

I'm all for banter and discussion and no offence to you directly jovan but can we start banning people who bring up this question?

I call for the terrace to be named Samakennediano.

None taken. I do find it interesting the amount of polarization one player creates. FWIW I don't think we'll end up with either anyway. Then again I did say that getting Duff was zero chance, so WTF do I know. 

I remember one John Aloisi scoring a 'crucial' penalty a few years back.

Would that have made him the best choice for marquee? No f**n way!!!!

Unless he scores a hatrick against Costa Rica, please no more Samaras talk....

Unfortunately he used up all his luck in the penalty kick. Who knows how great a manager he could have been otherwise.

• Like 2

I'd rather bresciano and maybe we can get lucky and snag a berisha type or city group could just offer Cahill anything the bloke asks for

Snagging a Berisha is harder than it looks...

And FWIW JD already tried this when he signed Tadic and its fair to say that despite having his momments and being a bit of a crowd favourite the whole thing ended up as being a bit of nothing result for MHFC.

I think it all comes down to JVS's system which is to exploit the wide areas as much as possible and if it comes through the centre to build it from the back half so good DM/CM's who can hold on to the ball are crucial. Our issue has been that apart from Babalj we havent had a big target man in at the CF position (Maycon, Tadic, Mifsud, Williams). I would love to see Mate and Duff lobbing crosses in with a big man nodding them in. Thats why if Cahill is available we should throw the kitchen sink at him (although I think the Sydney sides will have a better shot) and if he is not then Kennedy is a great option as he is pretty good with his feet but is fantastic with his head. Using our international marquee for a class DM/CM (Lampard would be perfect for this obviously) would then set us up for a great season.

I know this bit is probably best in a different thread and I am not saying we should use a marquee spot here but I am still worried about our GK stocks as well tbh. Redmayne just doesnt cut the mustard when the chips are down. No one has won the A-League without a keeper who is best 3-5 in the league and Redmayne would have to be in the bottom 3 first choice keepers.

I'm sure there's a hundred reasons why we can't get him but cbf reading the thread: Cahill. Throw everything at him. Would be a phenomenal signing alongside Villa, Duff and the yet to be named Marquee not to mention the crowd boost after he elevated to legend status this WC

• Like 2

I'm sure there's a hundred reasons why we can't get him but cbf reading the thread: Cahill. Throw everything at him. Would be a phenomenal signing alongside Villa, Duff and the yet to be named Marquee not to mention the crowd boost after he elevated to legend status this WC

Aw get fucked, get absolutely fucked.
  • Like 5

Hmmm, feel like I am missing something here.

• Like 1

• Like 3

All I can say is lol

Aha! Ditto.

People continue to undermine and belittle a bloke who has been a decent performer and played at a good standard for the good part of 6 or 7 years.

He is still only 29 years old and I'd much prefer him then a washed up and injury prone Bresc or kennedy.

This guy will provide a lot in the a league for many years

• Like 1