Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Did a quick google search and it looks like Real Madrid are after him, not sure we can compete, no matter what Clint tweets :-)

http://www.football-espana.net/32182/madrid-step-chase-pirlo

Saturday June 29 2013

Madrid step up chase for Pirlo

By Football Espana staff

Andrea Pirlo won over more fans during the Confederations Cup and it’s reported Carlo Ancelotti wants a reunion at Real Madrid.

The midfielder is 34 years old, but has been a sensation since joining Juventus on a free transfer in the summer of 2011, winning two consecutive Italian titles.

He also impressed in Brazil this summer and earned praise from many members of the Spain squad.

According to reports in several Spanish media outlets, Los Blancos have named Pirlo as a potential transfer target under new Coach Ancelotti.

It would be a reunion for the pair, who worked together for several years at Milan with great success, developing his deep playmaker role.

However, it is highly unlikely that Juventus would release one of their top stars, even if the idea of moving to Real Madrid at his age would be intriguing.

did anyone see / comment on the random?? tweet from Clint Bolton (14 hours ago) ... it read

"I call him Andrew ;) #pirlo"

... that was it and from what I can gather it wasnt in response to anything???

Surely this is a gee-up.

I read this and got the warm and fuzzies.

No way would pirlo play here. 

Edited by Dylan

did anyone see / comment on the random?? tweet from Clint Bolton (14 hours ago) ... it read

He was tweeting about the u20 wc semi around the same time so it might of had something to do with that.

Still got an Australian marquee position to fill too, I wonder if we could convince someone like McDonald or Bresciano to sign.

It seems to be the quietest period for the club all off-season, hope we do something soon!

I will seriously shit myself if we get Pirlo. 

Still got an Australian marquee position to fill too, I wonder if we could convince someone like McDonald or Bresciano to sign.

It seems to be the quietest period for the club all off-season, hope we do something soon!

I was just thinking that the main way Heart signing a DM could effect Heart signing an 'attacking option' was if we wanted to sign both Garcia and and another high profile Australian, like McDonald (as we'd have to negotiate with one of those players to fit that player under the salary cap).

Things are very quiet at the moment. But:

On Thursday, Heart's football operations manager John Didulica said the club would decide who will be our backup keeper "this week sometime".

The club also said on Monday that we should definitely know whether Garcia will be re-signing or not "in 10 days or so" (that is, by next Thursday).

Heart isn't always punctual, though.

Nonetheless, with the above 2 statements the club is at least suggesting that Heart will move beyond this standstill soon enough.

Heard a rumour today that originates from Sidwell himself (through Intraloy connections), that we almost signed a Spanish player from a 2nd division side. Club was gutterred for not completing contract. We have a scout in Spain and Italy and JA his eyes on a few from these countries.

Also, Kewell fell into the clubs lap, doesn't cost Heart anything.....described it as a no brainer!!

I was just thinking that the main way Heart signing a DM could effect Heart signing an 'attacking option' was if we wanted to sign both Garcia and and another high profile Australian, like McDonald (as we'd have to negotiate with one of those players to fit that player under the salary cap).

Things are very quiet at the moment. But:

On Thursday, Heart's football operations manager John Didulica said the club would decide who will be our backup keeper "this week sometime".

The club also said on Monday that we should definitely know whether Garcia will be re-signing or not "in 10 days or so" (that is, by next Thursday).

Heart isn't always punctual, though.

Nonetheless, with the above 2 statements the club is at least suggesting that Heart will move beyond this standstill soon enough.

That's true! 

I hope they're doing something productive at Heart HQ.

And I sincerely hope Bray is announced as our backup keeper as opposed to Velaphi.

I guess I just want us to do something with Victory on the verge of signing Miccoli.

Sorry folks, but I think you're reading into "#pirlo" something that just isn't there. Andrea Pirlo's official Twitter is "@Pirlo21Offical" (yes, that's the way he spells it).

I find this discussion about DM's and AM's interesting.  When i played, i don't recall the distinction: you played as a midfielder.

Why can't a DM have good touch, vision and pass?  Why can't an AM win a ball?

Schweinstieger is my ideal midfielder: can do it all.  Pass, dribble, win a tackle.

Besides, other than Barca who play with Xavi and Iniesta most other clubs do play a 4231.  

I find this discussion about DM's and AM's interesting.  When i played, i don't recall the distinction: you played as a midfielder.

Why can't a DM have good touch, vision and pass?  Why can't an AM win a ball?

Schweinstieger is my ideal midfielder: can do it all.  Pass, dribble, win a tackle.

Besides, other than Barca who play with Xavi and Iniesta most other clubs do play a 4231.  

I guess a DM has more responsibility to "protect" the defence and acts an anchor to link defence to attack? Not many midfielders are box to box these days like Stephen Gerrard or Schweinstieger like you mentioned.

Sorry folks, but I think you're reading into "#pirlo" something that just isn't there. Andrea Pirlo's official Twitter is "@Pirlo21Offical" (yes, that's the way he spells it).

There's a difference between a "hashtag" (#) and a "handle" (@) - Bolton used the hashtag to refer to Pirlo, he didn't actually tweet Pirlo.

Hahahaha yeah no worries, so your telling me a person of his ability would not be loved at our club? Jog on mate..

If you read closely, Jimmy never mentions anything about any person who would have miccoli's footballing talent would not be loved at our club.

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

Hahahahahaha youre a good laugh. ease the fuck up lad, no need to get mad over other peoples opinions. Anyway, back on topic, i hope the board are trying even harder now to sign up a marquee. I feel as if now we surely need one inorder to compete with these flogs

obvious that you are a troll, how about you 'jog on'

Would you be happy if Miccoli was our marquee? I wouldn't.

His footballing ability, yes.

His level of floggery, no.

Best thing you've ever said.

What disappoints me is how proactive they are (miss out on karagounis, no worries, move on to next target. Sign him.) Where as our club seems to just be f'ing around with no target or idea. After putting all eggs into the one basket.

• Like 1

What disappoints me is how proactive they are (miss out on karagounis, no worries, move on to next target. Sign him.) Where as our club seems to just be f'ing around with no target or idea. After putting all eggs into the one basket.

We're still too busy trying to sign Garcia, when that gets sorted out in the next 2 months or so than we'll move onto a marquee :up:

We're still too busy trying to sign Garcia, when that gets sorted out in the next 2 months or so than we'll move onto a marquee :up:

Bit harsh saying the club hassnt done anything or had any targets. I assume they are going to keep it as tight lipped as possible. Unless someone else gets a lift from someone from the club and gets some more information for us ;)

• Like 1

I would love Miccoli at the club. Not as huge as ADP but technically he's pretty much up there. But seems like some of us here are not fans of his off field antics. Not bitter that he signed for Victory, I think it's a win for the league overall when big players from overseas decides to ply their trade in the ALeague. Hopefully we can attract similar talent!

• Like 1

What te hell are you all talking about?

Miccioli is an absolute king.

You're a hypocrite. Please actually tell me how Miccoli is a king but threatening to stop supporting the club because Kewell signed is justifiable?

Why do you have such a blind hatred of him? He's an absolute flog but I'd still take him as a marquee.