Melbourne Football

Round 22, Sunday February 24th MHFC vs Sydney @ AAMI

Dylan

I agree Dylan. Meeuwis is critical to our success. If Hoofossimo can give the ball to Vrankovic, we can then play out from the back and control the midfield. If Meewis shows anything, a lot of cards fall in to place. Life becomes easier for Kalmar on the ball and our flow to the forwards much more assured. Also, if he's competent defensively the flow to ADP is restricted. The other plus is if he really rips it up and protects the back four, Germano or Thommo can push forward more and strengthen attacks Its a real shame Gerhardt is suspended - the best midfield performance this year was against Perth where we played out so much more and Hoofossimo was injured. Will be interesting to see who of Thommo or Germano gets benched. I hope the former with the armband to Garcia.

I should also add I think its too much to expect for Meeuwis to control the game so early, id say he would need a couple of full games to adapt. Of course we dont have that luxury but I hope he stays for next year and JA can build something with him

Great results so far for us this weekend, we really need to take this chance, rather than tripping over our bootlaces every time we get a big opportunity like this.

Hoping Adelaide can get a result, a 0-0 would be nice.

We need to play the mongs in the first week of finals, that's our best chance to progress...

• Like 3

I took the day off work for this game, to see both ADP and to see us win. I don't feel any conflict or contradiction. There's nothing I want more than a win, and I desperately want to see us win. But I'm also a football fan and think it's a privilege to have him here. I'd say the players feel the same.

Been so pumped for this game i couldn't even sleep last night. Personally i don't mind that germano is happy to see his idol, all he needs to remember that as soon as he hits the field hes like any other sydney cunt on there. Lets hope this doesn't turn into a ADP wank of session.

Heart win 3-2

• Like 1

Great Win by the Boys, Couldnt make it too the game unfortunately, will be going to the Reds and WSW.

Golgol Should of scored, boys played well, although still sit back abit to much and invite sydney to come forward.

Fred and Marcel were good when they came on, and Jeremy Walker is a future star.

How was the atmosphere? sounded good through the TV.

How was the atmosphere? sounded good through the TV.

Was a great sound from Yarraside, shame the rest of the crowd don't join in. I was on the edge of bay 17 and sang and clapped all game, but only a few guys in front of me joined in. The new megaphone was great, could clearly hear it above the background crowd noise.

Yarraside was great as always but also liked the addition of the drums and trumpets down the other end. Where did they come from? Also liked the new MC for the game, much better than the other joker. Solid performance from the team, Tex Walker and Vranks were fantastic. Looking forward to next week.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

great win. Walker, Germano and Kalmar all played really well.

Must re-sign that trio as mus-28 said.

I still can't understand how thompson gets a game. That guy is absolute rubbish and should be on the bench at the most. Can't believe Meeuwis came on for Germano who was back to his best with his performance today. I was spewing thompson was ok after he got stretchered off, was hoping he'd be out for the season tbh.

Midfield should be Germano sitting infront of the defence with Meeuwis and one of Kalmar or Fred in front of them.

• Like 1

We also have trumpet(s) confirmed.

Learn it, and love it.

Sounded great on TV when you first did it!

I'm keeping the record in tact that I don't go and we win. Haha.

What was with the brass band? They seemed to be doing everything wrong. Wasn't in time with any of the YS songs. Not sure what they were doing.