Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

Stuart Webster signed by Bentleigh Greens. On paper they'd have to be favourites this season. Also noticed that Dandenong have signed Matthew Park, formerly of Hearts in Scotland. Surpised he was never given a trial at MH can play left back and centre midfield. Guessing he's hit the VPL hoping to make an impression and get an A-League contract next season.

2013 VPL New Signings

Bentleigh

Luke Fitzpatrick (Southern Stars)

Kyle Joryeff (Richmond SC)

Liam McCormick (Southern Stars)

Luke Sherbon (Dandenong Thunder)

Ross Thompson (Dandenong Thunder)

Stuart Webster (Dandenong Thunder)

Dandenong

Matthew Park (East Fife FC - Scotland)

Steven Topalovic (Richmond SC)

Zac Walker (Oakleigh Cannons)

Green Gully

Tom Cahill (Richmond SC)

Scott Muirhead (Richmond SC)

Sean Harding (Ballarat Red Devils)

Michael Anderson - TBC (North Geelong Warriors)

Hume City

Sean Canham (Hereford United - England)

Alan Mulcahy (Southern Stars)

Sait Guler (Southern Stars)

Dakota Lucas (Sunshine Coast Fire - Queensland)

Deejay Firth (Sunshine Coast Fire - Queensland)

Josh Knight (Port Talbot Town FC - Wales)

Craig Sives (Shamrock Rovers - Republic of Ireland)

Melbourne Knights

Northcote City

Michael Eager (Redlands United – Queensland)

Frazer Siddall (Southern Stars)

Evan Kounavellis (Adelaide Blue Eagles – South Australia)

Oakleigh Cannons

Richmond

Kliment Taseski (Moreland Zebras)

Pascoe Vale

Port Melbourne

Kristian Sarkies (Heidelberg United)

South Melbourne

Rhys Meredith (Redlands United - Queensland)

Carl Recchia (Moreland Zebras)

Alan Kearney (Southern Stars)

Tyson Holmes (Sunshine Coast Fire - Queensland)

Southern Stars

Which VPL club is favourite for the championship this season? I think Bentleigh Greens look a strong possibility. In State League first division my tip is Heidelberg United to make a quick return to the VPL.

I have noticed Bentleigh is going hard early in the recruiting...

And I agree that Bergers will spend big to return to the Top Flight.

Edited by cadete

• 3 weeks later...

Heres the details

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has announced the findings of its Appeals Committee on Dandenong Thunder’s appeal from FFV’s Appeals Board decision concerning misconduct at the 2012 Victorian Premier League Grand Final at AAMI Park on 14 October, which included the firing of rocket flares.

The FFA Appeals Committee made the following determinations:

•    The first five competitive matches of the 2013 season for the Dandenong Thunder Men’s Premier League Senior and Reserve teams be played in the absence of any Dandenong Thunder and opposition club members and supporters (excluding players) save that each club will be at liberty to allow a limit of 12 Club Associates to attend to act as coaches and necessary support staff

•    The Club is fined $40,000

•    The Men’s Senior Team is deducted three championship points from the 2013 Victorian Premier League season

•    Prior to 30 June, all club members must undertake and complete an FFV Respect and Responsibility Course

•    No Dandenong Thunder members shall be admitted to home games after the fifth competitive game of the 2013 season unless each member produces evidence of having attended the FFV Respect and Responsibility Course

FFA’s Appeals Committee noted that the match was a “significant day for the VPL, and for football in Victoria generally”. Notwithstanding the importance of the club in the Albanian community and more generally in the Dandenong area, it said:

“This was, after all, the showcase of the game in Victoria and the behaviour of the Club’s supporters was all the more appalling in that context. Further, and arguably more importantly, spectators, including many children, were put at risk of substantial personal injury by the discharging of flares, particularly rocket flares.”

FFV CEO Peter Gome welcomed the decision which, he said, reinforces FFV’s commitment to a Zero Tolerance policy when dealing with anti-social behaviour.

“FFV is committed to ensuring that community football matches uphold community standards and provide a safe and family-friendly environment which allows players, officials and spectators to enjoy the game,” he said.

“FFV’s Zero Tolerance Policy has seen a drastic reduction in overall misconduct since its implementation in 2008 and 2012 saw this trend continue.

“Only 102 matters were brought before the FFV Independent Tribunal in 2012 compared with 155 in 2011.”

FFV has run many Respect and Responsibility courses to help club members and supporters understand the importance of good behaviour on and off the field and the FFV Independent Tribunal has used this in conjunction with point deductions and possible relegations as an alternative to fines where appropriate.

http://www.mfootball.com.au/thunder-appeal-fails-to-overturn-fine-and-points-deduction/

went to watch Croydon City Arrows play Borundara on Sunday witch had my brothers coach in there (stergi) along with Danny Allsopp. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game as Croydon won 2-1 with Allsopp scoring the winner from about 28 yards out drilling the ball bottom left corner.

The only thing that was on my mind was what car Allsopp drove, would have slapped a sticker on it.  :ph34r:

Edited by Young Polak

• 3 weeks later...

VPL Rd 1

Melbourne Knights 1-0 Pascoe Vale

Knights with 3 red cards

Lol two send offs before half time and another one in the second half and Pascoe Vale still managed to lose.

Meanwhile in SL3, Preston got off to a decent start with an away draw with fellow maco club Sydenham. Gave away a 2 goal lead but I guess it's fair enough to help out nashi.  ;)

I went saw Juve get of to a good start in SL1: 3-0 Against Bulleen Lions. How was bulleens keeper ?

Well the scoreline def did not do him or his side justice - That is for sure.

Haha, did he leak easy goals though

Its hard to recall three goals in a State League match...

Just came home from SL1 Box Hill v Moreland. Result was 1-4

Some terrible Refs on show here, probably the worst offside goal I've ever seen.

Saw this kid playing for Moreland, his name is Adam Centofanti. He played the Left Center Back position for the entirety of the game. Very calm and collected in sticky situations, was excellent with his feet and had some decent vision when looking to play out from the back. He impressed me greatly. Know nothing more about him, but I will keep an eye on him for sure!

Just came home from SL1 Box Hill v Moreland. Result was 1-4

Some terrible Refs on show here, probably the worst offside goal I've ever seen.

Saw this kid playing for Moreland, his name is Adam Centofanti. He played the Left Center Back position for the entirety of the game. Very calm and collected in sticky situations, was excellent with his feet and had some decent vision when looking to play out from the back. He impressed me greatly. Know nothing more about him, but I will keep an eye on him for sure!

I almost made out for this match but I needed to get into town in time for the Cats game so I could not head out to Box Hill.

Anyway that is Three Wins and a Draw for the Zebras so far - So things are looking pretty good. :up:

Took in some Division 6 South East this afternoon at Bunyip. It's brilliant to see my home town get a team up and going. Now they've got two men's sides and a plethora of juniors, some pretty basic but quite adequate facilities and a local derby (v Pakenham). 

The footy club is worried, all the kids want to start playing soccer!

• Like 4

Can relate to this. The club I play for is only a couple of games into it's second season of existence and only started fielding juniors this year. But the amount of kids I see at our trainings is incredible and it's been increasing by 4 or 5 kids a week. The local footy club team manager (who is also a family friend) has been making jokes to me about how he's going to put a bomb under our oval.

Took in some Division 6 South East this afternoon at Bunyip. It's brilliant to see my home town get a team up and going. Now they've got two men's sides and a plethora of juniors, some pretty basic but quite adequate facilities and a local derby (v Pakenham). 

Imagine if they started with Bunyip colours, instead of random maroon and green! They'd be more worried. Lol