Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

Fairly sporadic history over the past twenty years of crowd trouble – Less so more recently.

There was more activity before the club was promoted back in the VPL, as there were some particularly rough years back in the old SL1.

In those days a lot of rumours about links to German Nationalism amongst members and Victorian Police found a alarming amount of Far Right Literature was being distributed at one game that were called due to crowd trouble.

They sound a wee bit confused, those 'Stasi Boys'.

Being German nationalists/far right supporters and then name themselves after the communist East German secret police...oh dear.

Shouldn't they call themselves the Gestapo boys instead?

• Like 3

They have always been a interesting bunch since the emerging in the late 70’s/early 80’s.

That fact East Germany was still around then might have something to do with the name.

Anyway I have been told that a lot of them are not even from German backgrounds it was more a few of the original Top Boys and that they just wanted to start Anglo crew in the Ethnic dominant scene of Australian Soccer back in the days.

I think somewhere down the line things most of snowballed and they got a bit too interested in German Imagery and some of their interest was misguided.

Anyway u will know if you see them by the way the dress as they like to wear German brands so they rock up in Adidas and Puma trainers and tracksuits, and the are obessed with Hugo Boss. I believe back in the early 90’s when they had more numbers they had a Capo who used to wear a West Germany 90 Shirt

They have always been a interesting bunch since the emerging in the late 70’s/early 80’s.

That fact East Germany was still around then might have something to do with the name.

They definitely do sound very interesting.

It's no excuse for them that East Germany was around back then.

It's almost the same as if a neo nazi wears a Che Guevara shirt.

Oh well, I'll leave it to them.

Hopefully I'll see them at some stage.

Could be entertaining (especially as I'm not 100% aryan myself :lol: - only 50% to be exact)

Edited by danepak

They definitely do sound very interesting.

It's no excuse for them that East Germany was around back then.

It's almost the same as if a neo nazi wears a Che Guevara shirt.

Oh well, I'll leave it to them.

Hopefully I'll see them at some stage.

Could be entertaining (especially as I'm not 100% aryan myself :lol: - only 50% to be exact)

I know it’s one those classic stupid inconsistencies you find with Groups of Football supporters, like certain English supporter group who are fanatically Pro-English but also sympathise with the Policies of the Third Reich.

Also I would not worry too much about any outward Rascism towards other supporters from the Stasi Boys these days.

• Like 1

Good to see about 20 United Force '75 lads out for the White Eagles' trip out to Dandenong. Shame about the dour draw. Springvale on course to mirror their success from about five years ago, but with successive relegations.

Nice to hear...

Sadly apparently the news ain't so good out of Poland.

It seems that the Plod may have nabbed a few of the Stasi Top Boys, worse thing being it was just as they were about to hop on the plane and head home after Germany's exit as well.

It now appears Terrace Legends Hairy Herman and Jittery Joe could be away from their regular spots under the Heyington Bridge for quite a while. :( :(

Edited by cadete

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

I'm looking to move to Victoria next year to play high level soccer and i'm after some information.

Firstly, I'll share a bit about myself.

My name is Christian, I'm 17, I live in Tasmania and I am a goalkeeper.

After playing youth soccer since I was 8, I made my senior debut for premier league side Kingborough Lions in 2010.

In 2011 I took a break from outdoor soccer to focus on my futsal. I represented Tasmania in the under 19 state team and later got picked as the number 1 keeper for the National Under 19 New Zealand squad where I had great success.

This season I am playing for Taroona FC who play in the 'Division 1' league.

After playing in the top 2 leagues in Tasmania, along with State, National and International futsal achievements, at only 17 I believe the time to step up is now.

Ideally, I would like to play in either the VPL or State League 1, in either the Senior or Under 21 squad.

How would I go about trying out for these teams?

With the information that i have given do you think it's possible?

Also, can someone share some information on salary caps, as I am not familiar with how they work up there.

Kind regards, Christian.

Sign him.

He is actually a pretty good footballer, I've spoken to him, came to the VPL to try win a HAL contaract. Been in Hume's top 2 or 3 this season along with Chris Oldfield (who is apparently going to win a youth contract with us) and Howard Fondyke (former Glory mid).

JD would have defs seen him play a few times.

I would assume a few others on here would be familiar with Football Chaos, a website that shoots footage of local football across Victoria. Does a brilliant job getting around to suburban grounds and filming and editing games into a highlight package. Well worth everyones time to have a look at some of the footage and 'like' their Facebook page. Does it all for the love of the game and out of his own pocket.

http://footballchaos.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/FootballChaos

• 2 weeks later...

Great great win for Richmond last night away to South Melbourne (3-1).

South Melbourne ended up with 9 men.

The 2nd red card happened straight after South Melbourne's goal (2-1), when Tom Milardovic got elbowed (ended up with a busted cheek bone), as he (apparently) didn't hand Trent Rixon the ball quickly enough.

Had to be substituted and carried off on a stretcher.

The South Melbourne wankers gave it large to Milardovic, when he was carried off the pitch.

Amazed to read about all the crying from the South Melbourne fans on Facebook.

It's not the refs fault that they're utter crap.

Only been following the VPL for a couple of years, but I already know which team I hate by far the most.

Especially their fans...

• Like 3

Great great win for Richmond last night away to South Melbourne (3-1).

South Melbourne ended up with 9 men.

The 2nd red card happened straight after South Melbourne's goal (2-1), when Tom Milardovic got elbowed (ended up with a busted cheek bone), as he (apparently) didn't hand Trent Rixon the ball quickly enough.

Had to be substituted and carried off on a stretcher.

The South Melbourne wankers gave it large to Milardovic, when he was carried off the pitch.

Amazed to read about all the crying from the South Melbourne fans on Facebook.

It's not the refs fault that they're utter crap.

Only been following the VPL for a couple of years, but I already know which team I hate by far the most.

Especially their fans...

Def agree mate...

There was no talk about the Ref at that ground when the most offside goal in history gifted them the Greek Derby against Bergers.

In regards to the South Melbourne v Richmond game on Friday 20th.

They do have a point about the 3rd Richmond goal.

A linesman who fails to spot the offside, should really not be a linesman, as he clearly doesn't understand the rules (see at 08.05).

Funny to see how the South Melbourne video editors removed the actual elbow incident (06.20).

Stjepan Gal's save at 03.28 is unreal.

Edited by danepak

Don't mean to bring out my SMFC bias here but the actual referee Shaun Evans is usually the linesman on my wing that I sit on at Heart games and he makes some serious blunders, that tackle on the South player from behind was red card worthy yet he didn't even call a foul for a two feet studs up tackle from behind.

It's next week. Vs Mongs. Or in the coming weeks. At Dandy.

That's a friendly though. Neither team will be at full strength and a friendly is never a good way to compare two teams.

Dandenong are clearly the best team in the VPL at the moment, in my opinion. I would be interested to see how VPL's best stacks up against the A-league but we'll never know until there is a decent cup competition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Juve and Bergers will be back.

Juve should be back soon with the move back home next year and have a big season planned ahead I have been told.

Bergers wont be slow to recruit again.

Meanwhile Preston fight to stay up in NW Div 2.

TBH things are getting pretty boring without these traditionally better supported sides in the top flight and playing finals: There is only so excited one can get about Oakleigh vs Bentleigh or Gully vs Richmond.

At least as a Non Traditional VPL Club the thunder bring the fans through the gate.

Edited by cadete

• 3 weeks later...