Melbourne Football

Victorian NPL & State Leagues

Ando

I really don't think Michael Ferrante is a happy guy.

He looked utterly miserable at the Northcote v Richmond game. Shoulders hanging and just looked miserable.

Screaming at all his team players (he actually did that last season as well).

Not just shouting, but really talking down to them.

At one stage he was screaming to Timmy Purcell, when the ball had rolled out of play: 'Timmy, get the fucking ball, NOW!!!'

His career hasn't really turned out that special either, I guess.

Started off promising, winning the FA Cup with West Ham's youth team (squad also included Michael Carrick and Joe Cole).

Serie C after that it probably not a step up the ladder. Then followed by a move back to Australia (Victory) and Phoenix.

He's now 30 years old and plays in a minor Australian league.

He must be pretty disappointed.

(having said that, he was by far the best player on the pitch - some of his crosses were spectacular).

I dont think they played...

If they did I did not notice them, but OV at night can be trying viewing.

I was watching a couple updates from the VPL facebook page and remember it listed a couple in the starting lineup (dont remember how many or who but pretty sure it listed zac + more). That said, that page has been wrong before.

Anyone keen on going to Zebra's game before the gimp on Sunday?

Might do.

Do it faggot.

Should be a few MCF travelling to Epping, don't know how many fans Moreland/Whittlesea get these days but should be interesting.

Blue Bum Brothers.

Edited by cadete

Alemannia grabbing our first win of the season against Bentleigh, wasn't pretty though. Heidelberg away next, looking forward to grabbing another three playing shit football, carn Kweifio-Okai.

Might have to go to this one, Bergers vs. Germany rivalry between a few of us lads ;)

Edited by DutchPride

AC - I support Bergers and for VPL the atmosphere is quite good.

However, we are pretty shit this year.

In saying that the club always bounces back.

Pretty annoying this game is this week because I will be in Sydney. Missing Cats v Hawks as well. :(

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

AC - I support Bergers and for VPL the atmosphere is quite good.

However, we are pretty shit this year.

In saying that the club always bounces back.

I'll probs grab a few mates and start heading down to some matches then. Love the look of the ground, and always wanted to get involved with the VPL. Bentleigh Greens always seemed too ghey though, and they were the closest team to me.

WTF two games in Joe Mirabella has already sacked the Zebra's coach, two games is a bit harsh IMO...

Anyway for Lol's here is a pic of the Zebras vs Knights game last week feat. perhaps the cheapest Team Mascot I have seen in a while:

IMG_1075.jpg

Edited by cadete

Great 1-0 win for Richmond in Heidelberg.

Must admit I was concerned for them, as Ferrante was out with an injury.

Neither teams played well and the game had 0-0 written all over it, although Richmond were the better of the two sides.

Superb save by the Richmond keeper in the 1st half as well. Looked incredible (maybe it looked better than it was, due to my drunkenness).