Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

Bringing two mates with me. It is hard to convince people where I live as most are AFL fans and those that do follow the A-League are all Victory supporters. I doubt they will become members or anything like that but just by introducing people to the club and to the game in general is good I think :).

Bringing two mates with me. It is hard to convince people where I live as most are AFL fans and those that do follow the A-League are all Victory supporters. I doubt they will become members or anything like that but just by introducing people to the club and to the game in general is good I think :).

Doing your bit mate well done!

You never know, there has been people I thought would love the club that said no after going to a game and mates that I thought would walk out at half time are now passionate members. You just never know.

#OneMelburnian at a time.

• Like 1

Bringing two mates with me. It is hard to convince people where I live as most are AFL fans and those that do follow the A-League are all Victory supporters. I doubt they will become members or anything like that but just by introducing people to the club and to the game in general is good I think :)

Know that feeling! After seasons of dragging people to games I've only just very recently found someone as knowledgeable about the club and almost as passionate as me to go to games with.

Bringing two mates with me. It is hard to convince people where I live as most are AFL fans and those that do follow the A-League are all Victory supporters. I doubt they will become members or anything like that but just by introducing people to the club and to the game in general is good I think :)

Know that feeling! After seasons of dragging people to games I've only just very recently found someone as knowledgeable about the club and almost as passionate as me to go to games with.

We only need to find one each and we are doing our bit!

My personal opinion is that the more flags, the better. Bigger is better also.

We have enough flags IMO. All they end up doing is obscure everyone else's view anyway.

Was close to getting my dad to signing up as a member till that sydney game fucked everything up. Says he's not willing to get one cause the team plays with no passion/intensity and also do not know how to win. Any tips guys for helping me to get him over the line?

Tell him that if he goes to one more game and doesn't like it, you'll drop it (make it the 3rd derby).

Group of 5 of us going on Friday, two of which have recently signed up for 3 game memberships. Might get one more along. I can usually only get a group together for derby games, so it will be good to have a few there for a normal home game.

It's amazing how hooked people can get after a few games, once they feel a part of it. It's often a matter of getting them there often enough to not feel like they're just spectating as outsiders, but involved. Keep pushing the 3 game memberships.

The disappointment and dishonesty in people will be shown if we get a shit crowd..

I don't think so. I'm not expecting a huge crowd. Most Heart fans don't read the forum. But we're making a start, and we're getting momentum going from here. We need to keep persisting with the effort and get it spreading. We've got more members than we did a week or two ago. Hopefully we'll have more people to the game than we did a couple of weeks ago. But whatever it is, the push won't end on Friday.

The disappointment and dishonesty in people will be shown if we get a shit crowd..

I don't think so. I'm not expecting a huge crowd. Most Heart fans don't read the forum. But we're making a start, and we're getting momentum going from here. We need to keep persisting with the effort and get it spreading. We've got more members than we did a week or two ago. Hopefully we'll have more people to the game than we did a couple of weeks ago. But whatever it is, the push won't end on Friday.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying they have a fair few extras coming to this weeks game, so I'm going off this forums disappointment and dishonesty only

At the end of the day, it doesn't end on Friday. Whatever happens will be considered a building block to build upon.

This campaign, this initiative is for the benefit of our club. So I won't rest till we get the success our club needs. I hope our supporters catch on.

It Has really only hit here and twitter. We have just launched Facebook. There is still a large percentage of our fans that haven't been exposed to this. So a lot of potential still after Friday.

I am expecting a bigger than normal crowd through the fantastic efforts of our supporters who have taken this initiative and given their all. Lets not stop and keep it going.

This is our club, lets make build it together.

So the app is now updated with the latest figure of 6401, which is an additional 82 members since only 4 days ago. Awesome work by those who have managed to sign people up!.

Great news!.. Hopefully the gents will win on Friday (and those walking up to tent) will be inspired to join up.

As Nat mentioned above, check over your contact list, and talk to the people you normally go with and/or see and tell them about the campaign. We need to reach those not on the forum and twitter.

Only an additional 82 members is good but I was definitely hoping for more!

It will definitely be 1 more on friday night.

I was hoping for 100 more but you know it's 82 members we didn't have before this. Great effort and still a major push to come.

Remember these stats are only a small percentage of our members being reached. Forum and twitter followers only. We have now started Facebook so jump on and like the page and invite others to do the same. That will build too.

We then have Friday nights game and a chance to talk to fans etc and hopefully we can reach the majority of our members in the next week.

We can still reach the goals we set out. Need EVERY SINGLE HEART fan to contribute though. So if you haven't as yet, make a push!

Managed to get two more people from work and waiting for another 7 to reply. Just walked around the office asking people. Just ask everyone around you. It won't hurt. Just a question. Friday night, dinner at Swan street bla bla bla. Also, let them know of the $55 membership

• Like 2

Just mentioned #OneMelburnian to my friend, who is already a Heart member. But he doesn't have twitter or use this forum so he hadn't heard of it. After I explained it to him he went off and found someone new to sign up!

This was the idea behind the whole thing. Well done on reaching another member. They all need to know for this to be fully utilised.

Managed to get two more people from work and waiting for another 7 to reply. Just walked around the office asking people. Just ask everyone around you. It won't hurt. Just a question. Friday night, dinner at Swan street bla bla bla. Also, let them know of the $55 membership

That's what I do. Everyone I know I ask.

The only difference is I had planned a 3pm feed and drinks at the Imperial ;) get them around the Heart community!

Edited by Melburnian

That would be very good, to expose them to our fans, but unfortunately people cannot leave work early. We will all seat at the Yarraside end, that way they will feel the atmosphere. If I can get half of them back it will be good. I've asked them to sign up so they don't miss out on the "sell out" Del Piero game. That's a good selling point for potential new members. Use it. Also, the sign up of new members should be easier via the web. For example, I checked WSW website, and it's so easy to sign up in a few steps. Potentials Heart members need to sign up to sportsub??? Should be 5 clicks to become a member. One guy at work went to sign up and he said "cant be bothered registering now. I'll do it at the game".

Edited by babislak

That would be very good, to expose them to our fans, but unfortunately people cannot leave work early. We will all seat at the Yarraside end, that way they will feel the atmosphere. If I can get half of them back it will be good. I've asked them to sign up so they don't miss out on the "sell out" Del Piero game. That's a good selling point for potential new members. Use it.

Yeah very smart idea! Well done mate, good work!

Anyone heard the radio ad for the game floating about on SEN? Absolutely horrible, it defeats it's purpose its so bad.

Hoping to get 3 mates along. All who have been before but 2 who haven't this season and the other only once. Hoping for a good performance and get them back to the 4 games following! The active area trial thing their doing will make them more comfortable I think as they seem a bit sketchy about 'sneaking' in. Hopefully a good crowd and a better performance in the terrace and on the pitch!

Maybe before the game starts, the guy with the loudspeaker should encourage everyone to seat more to the middle behind and around Yarrasside. That way more people will get involved and also it will sound and look better.

Mayyyte. It won't matter as the home end is going to be packed out on Friday night.

Maybe before the game starts, the guy with the loudspeaker should encourage everyone to seat more to the middle behind and around Yarrasside. That way more people will get involved and also it will sound and look better.

Mayyyte. It won't matter as the home end is going to be packed out on Friday night.

Wouldn't that be the day. Let's start concentrating on the other end ;)

Edited by babislak

Doing my bit. Managed to convince my cousin to come along today - all I had to do was offer to shout him dinner! Pretty stoked he said yes as majority of my family are going out of town together Friday lunchtime for the weekend, so my options for asking people were pretty slim.

Nevertheless - one Melburnian at a time, right?

Haven't broached the topic of buying a membership with him yet, will try to convince him at the pub haha.

Doing my bit. Managed to convince my cousin to come along today - all I had to do was offer to shout him dinner! Pretty stoked he said yes as majority of my family are going out of town together Friday lunchtime for the weekend, so my options for asking people were pretty slim.

Nevertheless - one Melburnian at a time, right?

Haven't broached the topic of buying a membership with him yet, will try to convince him at the pub haha.

Great work.

You're exactly right, One Melburnian at a time. If everyone had your attitude we would have 12,000 turn up tomorrow.

Well done! Don't forget to announce your successes on twitter using #OneMelburnian it will motivate others to do the same.