Melbourne Football

One Melburnian At a Time!

Melburnian

Can you imagine even if half our membership base or a quarter were telling the same stories as us? 5 people from sash, 5 or more from dazman, my crew.....

We would be getting our 12,000 membership base no worries. The message needs to be spread by us to ALL Heart members. This is the way we will increase the crowd and membership numbers and add relevance to our club.

I have a belief that we can be the biggest supported club in this league. Imagine if we come from where we are now, a struggling attendance crowd to a fan led biggest membership base in the land. That would be some significant feat.

I have heard a heap of stories on here and twitter about so many people coming along. Well we need EVERYONE to pull their weight.

Reaffirm this with yourself and with every heart member you know. We will build this club together.

Yep Melburnian, i havnt signed them up, but i have brought about 8 different people to games this year over the journey, 1-4 of them are chances of joining next year imo.

And the point is if everyone brings someone or signs someone up we double in size, 1 person isnt hard imo, its easy in fact, find them bring them and we grow as a club.

Could be a slogan in the future that, "find them, Bring them, Sign them"

6 mates that will never come back to the heart ever again now..

and 2 that are in yarraside now will never be in yarraside again.

:(

Good. Better to fan out all the fairweather fans. Unless they were attacked or something? If they are not going to support a losing team they seem very fickle to me

Yarraside is a fun place, every fortnight I look forward not only to see the heart at home, but also come together with everyone to sing and have fun for our team. Yarraside is a massive reason why I turn up every week .

I joined in from the start of the year, and have never looked back. The guys are very welcoming and I always have a blast every time I am in there.

And I thank all of you for that. :)

• 1 month later...

Why don't all Active members where Heart colours?

I'm not saying everyone has to necessarily wear Heart merchendise (although it's preferable), but I reckon a third of them wear what they think is cool and hip rather than red and white!

I'm not an active member, but I enjoy the atmosphere that Yarraside et al add to the game-day experience and I reckon all wearing the same colour would enhance that experience, spectacle and look further - watching WSW the last few rounds it looked like almost the whole stadium was wearing red and black and I somewhat feel that we don't put in the same effort.

Why don't all Active members where Heart colours?

I'm not saying everyone has to necessarily wear Heart merchendise (although it's preferable), but I reckon a third of them wear what they think is cool and hip rather than red and white!

I'm not an active member, but I enjoy the atmosphere that Yarraside et al add to the game-day experience and I reckon all wearing the same colour would enhance that experience, spectacle and look further - watching WSW the last few rounds it looked like almost the whole stadium was wearing red and black and I somewhat feel that we don't put in the same effort.

.... People wear what they want to wear and feel comfortable in.

I sometimes wear the fan made black shirt when I could be fucked.

Banners,flags and waving of the scarves are not good enough for you or something? Is it absolutely necessary for every single person to be in merchandise?

Just remember that majority of wsw fans would be those bandwagoners who were too hyped up for the club on debut season, you will see by next season midway through that they will be attending in casual clothes.

SNIP

watching WSW the last few rounds it looked like almost the whole stadium was wearing red and black and I somewhat feel that we don't put in the same effort.

It's called 'jumping on the bandwagon'. I don't wear red because it doesn't suit me. Does that make me any less of a supporter? I'd argue it doesn't - this has been discussed countless times, so I would suggest if you want more colour in Yarraside, you join Yarraside and do just that. 

I'm sorry, is this not a forum? Am I allowed to voice my opinion? Yes!

Did I accuse anyone of being any less of a suporter by not wearing Heart's colours? Did I say you should not be comfortable with what you wear? No!

I asked the questions, "Why don't all Active members wear heart colours?" Then I told you what I think (that's my opinion). I think that the spectacle and look of the Active Members area may be enhanced if there was a bit more unison, not only with chanting and dancing, but also with what colour everyone wears. Thank you for answering in such a camaraderie way.

Please continue wearing whatever colour suits your eyes, I don't care, I just like expressing my views and opinions on this forum as a Heart member even though sometimes they're not favourable to some people.

• Like 2

Self appointed ultra forum cop here.

Yes, I gave my expressive opinionated response to the idea whether fans should all wear merchandise rather having some wearing "what they think is cool and hip" casual clothing in my personal, most democratic "speaking from my mind" way without enabling the presence that this forum is a one sided dictatorship, censored public forum.

Your opinions are still welcome, and always were.

case closed.

Edited by Young Polak

Absolute shame. Seemed a great idea and more importantly one that I thought would have fantastic results for the clubs attendance and membership. So from the outside not entirely sure what's gone on for Melburnian to pull the pin. But each of us can still play our part I still have confidence il be signing two mates up for the 2013/14 campaign and the reason is because of Melburnian's ideas and initiative. There's no reason why we all can't do our bit.

Absolute shame. Seemed a great idea and more importantly one that I thought would have fantastic results for the clubs attendance and membership. So from the outside not entirely sure what's gone on for Melburnian to pull the pin. But each of us can still play our part I still have confidence il be signing two mates up for the 2013/14 campaign and the reason is because of Melburnian's ideas and initiative. There's no reason why we all can't do our bit.

We can but fuck, we've lost the captain of our ship. The ship still can run, but NOWHERE near as well.

Honestly i am praying for divine intervention at this point in time that Melburnian will have a change of heart

Judging by Melburnians recent posts I'm assuming this won't be happening again this preseason?

I won't be conducting this, no.

Anyone else wishing to by all means go for it. Ill give you the twitter handle password also. PM me if keen.

lol you sound pretty fooken pissed. 

the thing is, it was probably the best membership drive for the club since its inception. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fuck it. It's back.

Can't help loving this fucking club.

Sign up yourself and get another person signed up. Lets push the impossible this year.

15,000 members. It's starts now.

Yay! If I can speak for everyone this is the second best piece of news I've heard all day

• Like 1

Yeah despite my disagreements and thoughts on some people at the club and head butting brick walls over things, I have no right to not support it. The club will be around way after these people have gone. I want it to be a success.

So after the response from my last season One Melburnians who are so passionate and pumped up about the club after one season and absolutely right into the club, it inspires me to launch it again.

This time though guys, I need your help. Moreso than last year. I need a huge push to get this going and all hands on deck to help advertise and promote this.

Any ideas are welcome. I believe the club are improving in all aspects and I think 15,000 members especially now with the bandwagon God himself on board Harry Kewell.

Lets do this guys.

• Like 2