Melbourne Football

NFL

True Until I die

I don't mind Seattle, but they're really only got one truly excellent option and that's Marshawn Lynch. They gave up a whole bunch of hits and 4 sacks against SanFran. Denver looked to have the running game pretty well covered against New England (who aren't in the same class as Seattle) so my tip would be a very close one, with Denver just pinching it.

Their o-line was shocking against the 9ers, yes, but normally it's quite decent.

Plus, when you have Russell Wilson to extend plays for 5-10 seconds, secondaries can't cope.

Maybe, but there hasn't been a lot of touch downs from their passing game this season (obviously because they get anywhere near the line and beast mode is enacted), but if they can stop Lynch, which is easier said then done, they'd be in a very good spot. Denver has a much better defence against the running game then they do the aerial one, which suits them to playing against Seattle.

Edited by Tommykins

People underestimate Seattle's air game though.

If they run hard in the first half and set up the play-action for the second half, I think they might be able to do a fair bit of damage.

Prediction: Seattle 28 - 24 Denver

I've heard this before but I'm not so sure, they throw a lot of interceptions and get sacked a lot for how often they get the ball back to Wilson. Should be a ripper game.

Richard Sherman's post game interview anyone???

Massive wanker as shown by what he did to Crabtree after the game. Also lol at him being so cocky after picking off Kaepernick. Good luck doing that against Peyton :) Actually hope he gets his own medicine when they lose.

He really is the best corner in the game, so I'm not too worried about him trash-talking.

Richard Sherman's post game interview anyone???

Massive wanker as shown by what he did to Crabtree after the game. Also lol at him being so cocky after picking off Kaepernick. Good luck doing that against Peyton :) Actually hope he gets his own medicine when they lose.

He really is the best corner in the game, so I'm not too worried about him trash-talking.

There's always gonna be trash talk but what he did after the game was unsportsmanlike, wanker.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of the 2007 AFL Grand Final.

Such a shit game.

You needed to see the whole Quintet to understand the 2007 Grand Final :up:

Like I did as a 7 year old in 1989, 10 year old in 1992, 12 year old in 1994 and worse of all as a 13 year in 1995 (My father supports Carlton.)

Edited by cadete

Reminds me of the 2007 AFL Grand Final.

Such a shit game.

You needed to see the whole Quintet to understand the 2007 Grand Final :up:

Like I did as a 7 year old in 1989, 10 year old in 1992, 12 year old in 1994 and worse of all as a 13 year in 1995 (My father supports Carlton.)

Not everyone's a Geelong supporter - I was talking from purely neutral perspective on the game.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not overly surprising so far. Only real surprise was seeing Buffalo trade up to 4, but even that wasn't too much of a shock.

Bortles was surprising.

How? I would have thought he was the no. 1 QB prospect.

Teams don't want the Manziel circus and Bridgewater is not as good as Bortles.

Not overly surprising so far. Only real surprise was seeing Buffalo trade up to 4, but even that wasn't too much of a shock.

Bortles was surprising.

How? I would have thought he was the no. 1 QB prospect.

Surprised me they took a QB at 3. Thought they'd hold out until the second round. Especially when they had both Watkins and Mack sitting there.

Not a Bortles fan.

Bortles was surprising. How? I would have thought he was the no. 1 QB prospect.

Surprised me they took a QB at 3. Thought they'd hold out until the second round. Especially when they had both Watkins and Mack sitting there.

Not a Bortles fan.

Well yeah it's a bit surprising that he's at Jacksonville, but the fact that he was the first QB didn't shock me.

And there were always going to be at least 2 QBs in the first round either way...

• 1 month later...

Channel 7 have got the rights to the NFL For the next 5 years.

And god help those of us who actually like watching it. 

No more HD games (srs) and guaranteed they will fuck around with the timings, delay games, put Xfactor and better homes and gardens promos all through out the coverage and wheel out some generic sports commentator flogs who once had a mate who knew a guy that played a quarter as a 3rd string punter for the Baltimore colts in 19 fuckity-fuck. 

Load of shit.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 2

Channel 7 have got the rights to the NFL For the next 5 years.

And god help those of us who actually like watching it. 

No more HD games (srs) and guaranteed they will fuck around with the timings, delay games, put better Xfactor and homes and gardens promos all through out the coverage and wheel out some generic sports commentator flogs who once had a mate who knew a guy that played a quarter as a 3rd string punter for the Baltimore colts in 19 fuckity-fuck. 

Load of shit.

This. Channel 7 NFL can be nothing other than terrible.

Actually, just found this:

Seven’s agreement with the National Football League delivers free broadcast television rights on Seven and 7mate. Under the new agreement, Seven will broadcast three consecutive games on Sunday, ending with the blockbuster NFL Sunday Night Football, all coming in live into Australia on 7mate on Monday. Seven will also broadcast live the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl. The agreement also includes marquee NFL games such as the traditional Kick-off game and Thanksgiving NFL matches.

7mate = HD
Live = good.

Coverage will be garbage, but if it's live and HD I might just turn sound off and commentate myself, lol