Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Fox Sports reporter Neroli Meadows tweeted: "Heart CEO Scott Munn tells @FOXSportsNews the club is standing by John Aloisi but refused to guarantee he'll see out the season as coach."

Meh! Can you really believe SM?

In any other professional league in the world any coach with such an appalling win/loss record would have been sacked a very long time ago.

How the CEO can stll get up and support such a coach and he still be in a job himself also says alot about the culture (if there is one) and unprofessionalism at this club.

The whole place needs someone with a bloody big broom to come along and sweep the place clean starting from the boardroom and working his way down taking everyone and leaving nothing behind. Start the club again from the ground up....

In total agreeance.

+1

I'm in agreement.  ;)

Look I agree, but Munn is not going to say he doesnt support JA to the media so you cant think he does based purely on media comments.

Fox Sports reporter Neroli Meadows tweeted: "Heart CEO Scott Munn tells @FOXSportsNews the club is standing by John Aloisi but refused to guarantee he'll see out the season as coach."

Meh! Can you really believe SM?

In any other professional league in the world any coach with such an appalling win/loss record would have been sacked a very long time ago.

How the CEO can stll get up and support such a coach and he still be in a job himself also says alot about the culture (if there is one) and unprofessionalism at this club.

The whole place needs someone with a bloody big broom to come along and sweep the place clean starting from the boardroom and working his way down taking everyone and leaving nothing behind. Start the club again from the ground up....

In total agreeance.

+1

I'm in agreement.  ;)

Look I agree, but Munn is not going to say he doesnt support JA to the media so you cant think he does based purely on media comments.

Munn specifically came out and said the games against Adelaide, Sydney and Newcastle were "very important". To me and I think to most Heart fans it was "If we lose he is gone". We got one fucking point from those games and he was still there? He should have been sacked after the Adelaide game. Not to mention the fact he has had an additional 2 games on top of this to again prove people wrong and again he has proved that he can't do the job. Munn is just as spineless as Aloisi and should never have made those comments if he intended to keep Aloisi as manager after getting a measly 1 point from a possible 9. 

Edited by RoyalHeart
  • Like 1

Exactly a month ago Munn was saying the club still completely expected us to make the finals (a terribly humble A-League goal to begin with). And now the coach is just 'focused on achieving' and being given 'support to achieve'. WTF does that even mean?

Something that really annoys me about the intransigence of Heart's management is that this situation is really hurting Aloisi's prospects of becoming a good coach. For Aloisi's own sake, he should leave Heart and go coach a state league team, like Mark Rudan, because right now Aloisi is just in survival mode, and he's just trying to scrape points out of every game, and this terrible approach to coaching (coupled with him being in a league that's too tough for him) is really damaging his coaching career. He'll develop awful coaching habits if he stays in the job.

There's also a slightly larger issue here. Heart keep too many people at the club for too long. Heart keep people, like Colosimo, Thompson, Hoffman, Macallister and probably Germano until the supporters are sick and tired of them under-performing, which means that there are very few people who were associated with Heart that we can look back on and think well of.

Munn explicitly saying to the media that Aloisi isn't certain to remain as head coach for the rest of the season is a meaningful step forward. As has been noted, clubs hate to make such statements to the media, where they question the future of their own staff. But things are moving too slowly at Heart HQ, and I fear that Heart supporters, all too understandably really, won't be able to think fondly of Aloisi for a long time after he's gone.

Edited by Murfy1

I`ll never attend another match whilst this flog is in charge. His post match conferences are nothing short of sickening the poor excuses is just clutching at straws. You can all bag me for not being a Heart supporter but by attending it just sends a message to those clowns who run the club that all is well and acceptable!

Any other club with the dismal figures JA has would of been gone long ago!!

A bit off topic but does anyone else find a lot of the Melbourne Heart fans on twitter/facebook deluded? I won't name names but some of them who just continue to say moronic comments "They support the current administration" and "Sick of people bagging out Aloisi, it wasn't his fault it was the defence that was poor". ALOISI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ORGANISING OUR DEFENCE AND PICKING THE RIGHT PLAYERS!

So sick of the club/some particular fans and their 'nice guy' attitude. This club has testicles the size of Aloisi's tactical brain and until we get rid of all the deadwood in the club in administration, players and coaching we are going to continue to be shit.

I know someone already wrote it but I will write it again.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein. 

We need change, and it starts with sacking Aloisi. 

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday in my heart jersey supporting the boys. The first half was dismal and in essence the game was lost in the last minute of the second half plain and simple.

But for a professional footballer named Australia's best ever play to missed a penalty in that circumstance spoke volumes.

John Aloisi has put the team in such a position that they overplay and play with so much pressure that a win looks and feels way beyond them. John Aloisi does not have the clubs best interests as his focus, he is clearly a self centred man in survival mode chasing a win that is so far from him that its actually quite sad. I actually had sydney fc fans feeling sorry for me...

Three words....we are fucked

It's gone past the point of no return

A bit off topic but does anyone else find a lot of the Melbourne Heart fans on twitter/facebook deluded? I won't name names but some of them who just continue to say moronic comments "They support the current administration" and "Sick of people bagging out Aloisi, it wasn't his fault it was the defence that was poor". ALOISI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ORGANISING OUR DEFENCE AND PICKING THE RIGHT PLAYERS!

So sick of the club/some particular fans and their 'nice guy' attitude. This club has testicles the size of Aloisi's tactical brain and until we get rid of all the deadwood in the club in administration, players and coaching we are going to continue to be shit.

I know someone already wrote it but I will write it again.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein. 

We need change, and it starts with sacking Aloisi.

I know exactly what your talking about. A group of fans are disturbingly deluded. Not right to name names but by golly.

Zola resigns from Watford after nine-game run without a victory

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2524735/Zola-resigns-Watford-game-run-victory.html#ixzz2ngIqjtAE 

Gianfranco Zola has resigned as manager of Sky Bet Championship club Watford.

The Italian said in a statement on the club's website that he had made taken the decision 'in the best interests of the team'.

His exit comes with Watford - who, under Zola, lost last season's play-off final to Crystal Palace - on a run of nine matches without a win in the second tier following Saturday's 1-0 home defeat to struggling Sheffield Wednesday.

Zola leaves the Hertfordshire club 13th in the table, eight points adrift of the top six.

Edited by fiz.heart

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2524735/Zola-resigns-Watford-game-run-victory.html#ixzz2ngIqjtAE 

The Italian said in a statement on the club's website that he had made taken the decision 'in the best interests of the team'.

His exit comes with Watford - who, under Zola, lost last season's play-off final to Crystal Palace - on a run of nine matches without a win in the second tier following Saturday's 1-0 home defeat to struggling Sheffield Wednesday.

Zola leaves the Hertfordshire club 13th in the table, eight points adrift of the top six.

JA take note.

Edited by fiz.heart

10 Months without a win, 2 years without a win outside of Melbourne.

unbelievable.

With a record like that any other club would have gone through 2 if not 3 coaches by now.

No one can touch Cesar Aloisi.

Its not actually until you see how long it has been since a win home and away do you realize how bad we have been.

Scotty Munn i dont hate, But to see him on foxsports last night made me so annoyed - show some passion, show your annoyed like us and do something, Dont expect one day it will magically change

So Spurs sacked AVB and we still have JA

I don't know how JA's tactics are meant to work

the players know that the tactics are crap, they aint stupid

I met them while waiting for the plane home on Sunday night and managed to have a chat regarding the match, specifically the second half effort, and style of play as opposed to the first half ( and the general tactics of previous weeks)

I could see that they were wanting to agree that the tactics are shite and that we could play a lot better , but a couple did allude the facts of the tactics, the boss wants us to play this  way.

Also there were definite differences in the squad, I heard a discussing regarding another player and their "efforts" ( I aint naming names !) also different player groups scattered in different areas of the terminal ( some disharmony? to be truthful every workplace has its differences, so they aint all going to be together, shit I don't spend time with my work colleagues out of work hours )

New coach ??

I reckon JVS has helped in some of the play, the second half  we looked like a football team

So Spurs sacked AVB and we still have JA I don't know how JA's tactics are meant to work the players know that the tactics are crap, they aint stupidI met them while waiting for the plane home on Sunday night and managed to have a chat regarding the match, specifically the second half effort, and style of play as opposed to the first half ( and the general tactics of previous weeks)I could see that they were wanting to agree that the tactics are shite and that we could play a lot better , but a couple did allude the facts of the tactics, the boss wants us to play this  way.Also there were definite differences in the squad, I heard a discussing regarding another player and their "efforts" ( I aint naming names !) also different player groups scattered in different areas of the terminal ( some disharmony? to be truthful every workplace has its differences, so they aint all going to be together, shit I don't spend time with my work colleagues out of work hours ) New coach ??I reckon JVS has helped in some of the play, the second half  we looked like a football team

Is the player migliorini?

unbelievable.

With a record like that any other club would have gone through 2 if not 3 coaches by now.

Its not actually until you see how long it has been since a win home and away do you realize how bad we have been.

Scotty Munn i dont hate, But to see him on foxsports last night made me so annoyed - show some passion, show your annoyed like us and do something, Dont expect one day it will magically change

In all honestly, he has to be a professional in the media and not let emotions let the better of him. I have no doubt it's eating him instead as well.

JA take note.

Sidwell take note. Zola is available.

I'd love it if Heart were only 8 points adrift from the top 6 (assuming CCM who's 6th also has a game in hand, if they beat WPX they'll be on 16 so that means we'd have double our points! Lol).

unbelievable.

In all honestly, he has to be a professional in the media and not let emotions let the better of him. I have no doubt it's eating him instead as well.

No doubt it is. The question is what's he as CEO doing about it?

Let's recap what he said in his e-mail of 27th November:

'You can guarantee that the Club is doing everything possible to turn our current form around. It may not be visible, but we are working hard behind the scenes – and the Club are 100 per cent focussed on achieving a positive result against Adelaide United this Sunday.'

'Everything possible' and 'working hard.' Hmm.

Perth Glory in crisis as players revolt against manager Alistair Edwards

Posted Sun 15 Dec 2013, 3:47pm AEDT

The futures of Perth Glory coach Alistair Edwards and club captain Jacob Burns are in doubt after the pair became embroiled in a bitter feud.

Burns was furious at his coach after being left on the bench during Friday night's 2-0 loss to Melbourne Victory.

The 35-year-old had just returned from a two-week suspension, and could not understand why he was not given any game time in a team already missing a host of their best players.

The Glory launched crisis talks on Saturday in a bid to settle a rumoured player-driven revolt against Edwards, who has been accused of favouring his two sons Ryan and Cameron over other players.

Edwards believes the drama stemmed from a discussion he had with Burns several weeks ago, when he told the former Socceroo that he might not be part of his future plans.

"There's definitely a rift between Jacob Burns and myself, that's for sure," Edwards said.

"It stems from the fact we had a discussion a few weeks ago about his future at the club, I couldn't give him any assurances about what's happening going forward.

"Since then it's been a bit testy, and because he wasn't re-introduced into the team after winning last week, it sort of caused a bit of a problem."

Edwards is in the first season of a three-year deal after replacing previous coach Ian Ferguson in February.

But with rumours rife that he has lost the trust of a host of senior players, his position is under threat.

Burns, who has been with the club since 2009, is also facing an uncertain future.

Edwards denied he had favoured his two sons over other players this season.

Striker Ryan Edwards was handed a starting role against the Victory, while Cameron came off the bench.

When asked whether Burns would play for the Glory again, Edwards was not sure.

"Well that depends on performance and attitude going forward," Edwards said.

"We hope so."

The seventh-placed Glory will be back in action next Sunday when they play host to Adelaide United at Perth Oval.

AAP

mmmmm

a bit of player power to the fore.

could it happen here ???

don't know as the older players are playing and the young one left out

I just want to put to rest this idea that 'missed chances', rather than Aloisi's tactics, are primarily responsible for our bad season.

Yes we've had a few games where things would have been very different if Heart players took their chances. But what about the other games?

I'm especially thinking of:

- the first half against the Mariners

- the Perth game

- Sydney at AAMI

- the first half of the Adelaide game        and

- the first half of our last match 

2 of these games (Perth & Sydney at AAMI) were complete failures, from beginning to end. And the other 3 matches included 3 scandalous first halves, with 2 of those first halves being declared as some of the worst football that's ever been seen in the A-League, namely the match against the Mariners and our last game against Sydney away.

Now remind me if I'm mistaken, but the only good chance I remember across this 315 minutes of dreadful football was Mifsud getting a one-on-one with the keeper against Sydney at AAMI after a set piece.

And what we saw across all of these games was cowardly defensive football, where we largely dropped deep to defend and rarely pressed our opponents at all. This is despite 3 of these 5 matches being HOME GAMES, and 4 of these 5 matches being against teams we should be playing to beat, and we should actually be beating (I'll generously say the match against Arnold's Mariners at AAMI was an exceptionally tougher match).

That's half of our season right there, and I maybe could have included some more games. And because of Aloisi's awful tactics, and because the players have consistently followed these instructions (like Aloisi said the team did on the weekend), we're playing awful, timid anti-football that's only gotten us 4 points from 10 games. Sure, Heart players probably should have taken some more chances, and we probably should have won a game or two. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. Overall, the fact is that with Aloisi as head coach, and with the simply awful tactics he's employing, we'll lose a lot more games than we win, and we'll be lucky to finish as high as we did last season: 9th.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

I would rather lose playing good football than win/lose playing bad. Adelaide has been losing but to me they look good with their passing game. We just look bad. You are always going to have a bad game, that's fine, sometimes you have to win ugly. But we are ugly all the time and still can't win. Always thought JA was a average player but he is even worse as a coach. Never have rated him as a coach but was quite happy to put my hand up to say I was wrong and give him a chance. In any other job he would have been shown the door along time ago.

• Like 3

You know I'll tell you guys now, and maybe you felt the same, but every since aloisi was appointed I had this gut feeling at the time about him that even if he started doing well and was getting some results I still wouldn't like him as manager. If he brought in results I'd accept him as hearts manager but it still wouldn't sit right for me. Sounds odd but when I see a manager on the sideline I like to see an experience and proven results in him. Someone you now the the team and the club can look up to and respect.

• Like 1

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2524735/Zola-resigns-Watford-game-run-victory.html#ixzz2ngIqjtAE

JA take note.

Sidwell take note. Zola is available.

I'd love it if Heart were only 8 points adrift from the top 6 (assuming CCM who's 6th also has a game in hand, if they beat WPX they'll be on 16 so that means we'd have double our points! Lol).

JA out Zola in!@@@@@@@!!!!!@!!@@@!!!!

unbelievable.

Its not actually until you see how long it has been since a win home and away do you realize how bad we have been.

No doubt it is. The question is what's he as CEO doing about it?

Let's recap what he said in his e-mail of 27th November:

'You can guarantee that the Club is doing everything possible to turn our current form around. It may not be visible, but we are working hard behind the scenes – and the Club are 100 per cent focussed on achieving a positive result against Adelaide United this Sunday.'

'Everything possible' and 'working hard.' Hmm.

Don't mind my spelling and grammar mistakes but there are obviously factors holding SM back: paying JA out, who to appoint as the interim coach, which coaches are actually available etc. I think it can only be a matter of time till SM pulls the plug on JA.

My feeling is that the Board will have set JA (and others) some reasonable objectives. And they will be reviewing how those are going on a continual basis. In JA's case I reckon that will have been to participate in the finals series. The Board members have done everything else they said they would - provide more resources to the Football Department (Nus, Ripamonti, JvS, and the extra people in the NYL area) and they have allowed JA to sign, at least on paper, some good players. The Board doesn't set the tactics, do the selections, substitutions etc. They're probably even more pissed off than we are with what they are enduring - imagine taking a prospective client into the Directors' Box and seeing your team play abysmally.

If we start winning I reckon JA will stay. Because he will still have a chance of meeting his objectives. IMO crunch time will come when it is no longer mathematically possible for us to finish in the top six, and I think that will occur with 10-12 matches to go, depending on the results in the next 5-7 weeks.