Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

this counter-attacking play is rubbish. We are just not dangerous at all when we play like that, it's as if we wait to concede a goal before we start attacking.....

the way we're playing is absolutely ridiculous and uninspiring. There are no excuses this season, people are getting sick of bullshit, and sick of aloisi playing the blaming game.

Precisely.

We have scored just 4 goals in our last 8 A-League matches.

this counter-attacking play is rubbish. We are just not dangerous at all when we play like that, it's as if we wait to concede a goal before we start attacking.....

the way we're playing is absolutely ridiculous and uninspiring. There are no excuses this season, people are getting sick of bullshit, and sick of aloisi playing the blaming game.

Precisely.

We have scored just 4 goals in our last 8 A-League matches.

Don't worry, goals will come as soon as we put the ball in the opposition's net.

Mehmet used that often. JA should start using it now.

And just who might this successful coach waiting in the wings  with Australian experience be?  :hmm:

Well I heard on SEN that it seems pretty certain that Aurelio Vidmar is going to be let go from the National Setup with Ange wanting his own assistants.

Aurelio Vidmar's an absolute twat but that aside, he gets results and at this stage that's what we desperately need.

And just who might this successful coach waiting in the wings  with Australian experience be?  :hmm:

Well I heard on SEN that it seems pretty certain that Aurelio Vidmar is going to be let go from the National Setup with Ange wanting his own assistants.

Vidmar? Seriously??

Have you watched many of the Olyroos games under him?

He had them playing like like spastics. Went scoreless in 6 games and finishing rock bottom in our qualification group. First coach to fail to get us to the Olympics since 1988.

Has not had any title success whatsoever, with the only thing going for him is that ACL final he got Adelaide too 5 years ago.

Hardly what we should be aiming for in a coach.

All well and good to want a successful manager with Australian experience but there isn't any can of think of that are available right now, that are much better then JVS

Edited by FB.

Vidmar? Seriously??

Have you watched many of the Olyroos games under him?

He had them playing like like spastics. Went scoreless in 6 games and finishing rock bottom in our qualification group. First coach to fail to get us to the Olympics since 1988.

Has not had any title success whatsoever, with the only thing going for him is that ACL final he got Adelaide too 5 years ago.

Hardly what we should be aiming for in a coach.

All well and good to want a successful manager with Australian experience but there isn't any can of think of that are available right now, that are much better then JVS

What are you talking about?

Even bloody Kosmina has a bloody better Australian record than JV fucken S.

No kosmina or vidmar

Next mehmet will re- surface here..... Pleassssse

Seriously something has to be done

Mv dumped MD then JM and went for the big banana himself

Mv board was serious about signing best coach possible to get results

How long munn & co will wait before they decide to do the same????

When home attendances at AAMI get below 4k?

Any serious club administration KNOWS that without a winning formula, they have nothing.

Doesn't matter what off field success you have unless your position on the ladder reflects it, it's all for nothing.!!!

No other club in the league has done better admin/ promotional work to drive memberships and interest in the club this year.

Recruitment was up there with the best of them.

Supporters like us pump the club up every chance we get.

Unless we back up all the hard work with results we will end up laughing stock of this comp!

Time for coaching team to stand aside and let someone else turn this thing around.

Edited by Jestr

So Kosmina is the successful Australian coach you want to takeover?   :droy:

What next, Terry Wallace? :lawl:

So hang on, smilies aside what is your actual point?

That JA will after well over a Season of producing nothing but crap is suddenly going to prove himself to be a better coach than Vidmar or Kosima?

Or that we should in fact re-hire JVS a coach who never came close to outperforming Vidmar as a A League Coach?

I'm pretty sure JA won't get the sack this week. But he should be on thin ice.

Sorry, but I've got another essay in me. I wrote yesterday that in our first away game of the season against one of the competition's lesser sides, it was really important to put to bed the awful away form of last season.

Then I saw JA's interview before heading off to Perth, and when asked about the away form, said he hadn't made it an issue for the players. That 6 new additions to the team weren't a part of it, didn't know about it, no need to address it. This was after reading Wilow's article that said, last year the attitude for away games was 'that if we win, we win, and if we don't we don't'.

Now I don't know how literally to take these sort of public statements and if they're a true reflection of what goes on inside the playing and coaching group. But in light of yesterday's performance, and how closely it resembled last season's putrid efforts on the road, alarm bells need to be ringing. 'She'll be right' doesn't cut it anymore. The players are different, but the performance was the same. And there was nothing for supporters and members to be proud of or enthused about. If that doesn't frighten the people running the club, I'm not sure what will.

There are no more excuses. It can't be ignored by the coaching staff and it can't be tolerated by the club. JA has to show on Sunday that he somehow gets it, and can do something to affect change. Either in attitude, or game plan or whatever. We need to see some fight, resilience, and mental toughness. (For 90 minutes! How often were we saying this last season FFS?) None of which was apparent in either the pre-match comments, or in the performance that followed.

• Like 4

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=melbourne-heart-presser_1226747835528&vc=207

Here is JA's post match thoughts. I think you might have to sign in through FB or twitter to see it but that only takes a sec

He seems to be only talking about what he thought were positives about the game and very little about the negatives

Edited by Tbitm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=melbourne-heart-presser_1226747835528&vc=207

Here is JA's post match thoughts. I think you might have to sign in through FB or twitter to see it but that only takes a sec

He seems to be only talking about what he thought were positives about the game and very little about the negatives

I really hope he is just trying to be positive to pump up the team otherwise he is delusional.