Melbourne Football

Whats the last movie you watched?

DutchPride

If you thought that you had your opponent but turns out you never had your car so you need NOS and live a quarter mile at a time and <insert lame movie quote from fast and furious here> then you'll love that Google play movies is offering Fast and Furious for free in the lead up to Furious 7. 

Edited by Deviant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Sugar Film - Dragged to by a health conscious Ms Carlings :\

I think this should be shown in schools to educate kids about how much sugar is in the shit they eat and the health problems  they are likely to encounter down the track. I didn't learn anything new and reckon the lead bloke coulda pushed the big sugar companies further when probing them. Nicely laid out stats and animations though which kids would like. .

If you're fat and clueless probably check it out but more people are aware of the amount of sugar in so called healthy food already.

For an aussie doco it was a decent effort

6/10

Has anyone ever walked out early at the movies?

I have once, The Bountry Hunter. Yes it starts Aniston, but the plot was so fucked that not even her arse could save it. Also Butler's fake accent was driving me up the fuckin wall.

No but I did fall asleep in the cinema watching A.I. was super pumped because I'm a Kubrick fan boy and this had been his little brain child but he never got to make it.Spielberg took the reigns, what could go wrong? 2 and half hours of utter shit is what. Have since gone back and watched it, wish I hadn't.

I only watched Godfather for the first time a few nights ago. Not because I was against it or anything, its just one of those films that I never got around to seeing.

Was pretty good, but I think Goodfellas is a way better mobster film 

IMO Godfather Part 2 is better than the first. 

• Like 1

I only watched Godfather for the first time a few nights ago. Not because I was against it or anything, its just one of those films that I never got around to seeing.

Was pretty good, but I think Goodfellas is a way better mobster film 

IMO Godfather Part 2 is better than the first. 

I have that one ready to watch tonight

I have once, The Bountry Hunter. Yes it starts Aniston, but the plot was so fucked that not even her arse could save it. Also Butler's fake accent was driving me up the fuckin wall.

3 times.

'Nacho Libre'

'The Monuments Men'

'The Theory of Everything'

all just garbage

3 times.

'Nacho Libre'

'The Monuments Men'

'The Theory of Everything'

all just garbage

Ill add one. 'The Tree of Life'. Putrid. Waste of film, time and oxygen.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Kingsman last night 9/10. Refreshing to see a UK made movie with the amount of rubbish coming out of the states. A bit quirky, but had a good plot and some strong performances from the cast. Samuel L was great with his lisspppp. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

American Sniper. Cooper was really good can't fault him, no one else around him did much, plot didn't do a lot for me. Every Iraqi was a baddie. Pretty much a propaganda film for team USA.  6/10.

I watched this last night. Very much agree. The rival sniper was portrayed like a villain from a 90s kung-fu movie and the end scene was so corny.

And those fake babies. Oh my god!

• 2 weeks later...

I genuinely do not understand how every character in Jurassic World manages to survive their day to day life without accidentally walking off a cliff, let alone manage to survive (at least briefly) on an island inhabited by carnivorous dinosaurs. Seriously all of the characters but Chris Pratt's character and the genetically modified dinosaur are actually brain dead.

'My Tehran For Sale' low budget underground Iranian piece, was a decent movie but hard to follow the plot at first. Later read that the main actress was arrested a few years later and sentenced to three years jail and 90 lashes for appearing in the movie. Ironically, artistic repression was a huge theme in the film.

watched Blue Jasmine recently.  nothing special but then again it is a Woody Allen film so i'm guessing it's targeted at a different audience. 

Mike Bassett England Manager (also released as Mike Bassett Football Manager).  Pretty sure this was Aloisi's sole resource for his coaching stint.

Quality film that one.  saw it many years ago and still has me in stitches.

I was in bed sick for a few days recently watched a few movies

Mad max- Awesome

Ted 2 - First one was better but the movie did get better as it went along

Spy- I thought was really good

Draft day- which I had seen before but really enjoy it

Transformers Age of Extinction- Just because I wanted to watch things get blown up for no reason

Just finished finally watching Kill Bill 1. Pretty sure I'll be sustaining this erection up until tomorrow when I watch the second one.

I was thinking of watching Kill Bill last night too! Personally I prefer the second one to the first, even though its slower I find the more story driven direction more engaging. Both are fucking stellar movies though.

Instead I chose to download Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. I really liked the first Sin City when it came out. It was groundbreaking and edgy. Ten years later and this is much exactly the same thing. Only without the "I've never seen anything like this before" factor, so in other words really dated and dull. Also, I dont know if its because ten years ago I wasnt as fussy, but the CGI was really crappy and looked amateurish at times. 

I had to turn it off half way through. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I've only now got around to watching all of Tarantino's back catalogue and he seems to be great at capturing a style and bringing it forward and adapting it to modern times. Have watched  jackie brown, reservoir dogs, kill bill and death proof in the last week. So now watched all his films. They are all brilliant. Anyone who has managed to pull off homages to the spaghetti westerns, blaxploitation, Eastern martial arts, Neo noir, war, gangster and sexploitation film genres, with original story lines, all done seamlessly and to his own style without ever really having a dud film that doesn't feel fresh is a genius.

I haven't watched the new Sin City but disappointing if it isn't up to the first ones standards. Everything I've watched of Rodriguez' has usually been excellent.

I've only now got around to watching all of Tarantino's back catalogue and he seems to be great at capturing a style and bringing it forward and adapting it to modern times. Have watched  jackie brown, reservoir dogs, kill bill and death proof in the last week. So now watched all his films. They are all brilliant. Anyone who has managed to pull off homages to the spaghetti westerns, blaxploitation, Eastern martial arts, Neo noir, war, gangster and sexploitation film genres, with original story lines, all done seamlessly and to his own style without ever really having a dud film that doesn't feel fresh is a genius.

I haven't watched the new Sin City but disappointing if it isn't up to the first ones standards. Everything I've watched of Rodriguez' has usually been excellent.

Yeah I know. I really rate Rodriguez as a director too. For me, its not so much that it was a bad movie or not up to standard. It just felt like it was basically the same movie, only with a different plot. The gap between drinks had built up my expectations too which I'm sure had a lot to do with the let down.

For me Death Proof was one of very few bum notes for Tarantino (i hated inglourious basterds too) but I love pretty much everything else he has done so I can forgive it. Still watch Pulp Fiction on the reg.

Speaking of only recently getting around to watching all of someones back catalogue , I have not (until recently) seen many Wes Anderson films so I've been going through all his work. Unpopular Opinions I have- Most Wes Anderson movies are really boring. The ones I enjoyed (the darjeing limited and the life aquatic) I will watch over and over and I dare say will end up on my all time greats list, but the rest are painful and over stylized to the point where its almost like he said "lets make some art direction and I dont want it to be overshadowed by the story so lets make sure its really boring."

Edited by KSK_47

pulp fiction? My favourite. 

• Like 1

saw Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol this week. pretty average which was surprising since i actually didnt expect much in the first place. 

Yeah I know. I really rate Rodriguez as a director too. For me, its not so much that it was a bad movie or not up to standard. It just felt like it was basically the same movie, only with a different plot. The gap between drinks had built up my expectations too which I'm sure had a lot to do with the let down.

For me Death Proof was one of very few bum notes for Tarantino (i hated inglourious basterds too) but I love pretty much everything else he has done so I can forgive it. Still watch Pulp Fiction on the reg.

Speaking of only recently getting around to watching all of someones back catalogue , I have not (until recently) seen many Wes Anderson films so I've been going through all his work. Unpopular Opinions I have- Most Wes Anderson movies are really boring. The ones I enjoyed (the darjeing limited and the life aquatic) I will watch over and over and I dare say will end up on my all time greats list, but the rest are painful and over stylized to the point where its almost like he said "lets make some art direction and I dont want it to be overshadowed by the story so lets make sure its really boring."

agree about Death Proof.  certainly no where near as good as the rest of Tarantino's work.  i myself am a massive fan of Reservoir Dogs.  

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For was a fair disappointing.  maybe i just rate the original Sin City too highly but was expecting much more.

• 2 weeks later...

went to see Ant Man last night, it was a fair pissa.

wasnt expecting much, and was a little worried when i walked in to see a number of dads in there with their 6-8 year old kids.  thought at first it might have been more of a kids orientated marvel comic film.

couldnt be any more wrong.  very very funny with a cast that mix well.

if you do see it, look for a very amusing thomas the tank scene, and a very funny yet blunt Michael Douglas.