Melbourne Football

Whats the last movie you watched?

DutchPride

• 2 months later...

'The Lone Soldier'- American glory story, love your troops sorta film BUT irrespective as a war movie its actually rather good. Very watchable

Might check this out. I reckon Emile Hirsch is pretty underrated, his serious stuff is great, its shame he did crap like "The Girl Next Door" and "Speedracer".

tbh i found the plot really hard to follow but i am generally a terrible movie watcher at home as i get distracted too easily.

i thought the casting was great but it just didn't seem to go anywhere plot wise, you're right that it dragged.

i managed to catch the arse end of last week's eastwood marathon though so i might watch every which way but loose again tonight (Y)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

law abiding citizen - about a bloke's family got raped and killed infront of his eyes.

the guy is a genius, so he basically defeats the system to come up with a mastermind plan to kill the man who did this to his family.

and more.... really great stuff (y)

just saw this. Brilliant tbh :clap:

tbh i found the plot really hard to follow but i am generally a terrible movie watcher at home as i get distracted too easily.

i thought the casting was great but it just didn't seem to go anywhere plot wise, you're right that it dragged.

i managed to catch the arse end of last week's eastwood marathon though so i might watch every which way but loose again tonight (Y)

Law abiding citizen is epic

Law abiding citizen is epic

Not sure what that has to do with the price of fish but ok!

A few people I know were disappointed by inbetweeners 2. Guess it's personal opinion then!

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Bad Neighbors last night. It was OK. Nothing great. Had a few funny bits but overall was pretty weak. Interesting that they are making movies aimed at the mid-late 30s new parents demographic now. Particularly when throughout most of the film I was thinking "where the fuck is their kid?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard Gone Girl was good...  :hmm:

Equalizer: A bit silly but watchable. 7/10

A walk Among the Tombstones: Pretty much Taken but its not his wife. Love Neeson so 7/10

Enemy: Fucking odd but makes you think and if you pay attention you'll work out wtf is going on towards the end. 6.5/10

Heard Gone Girl was good...  :hmm:

I can see how people would think it's good.

However, I just saw it as another 'mindfuck' movie, which of course instantly leads people to say that it's good due to the fact they have NFI what is actually going on.

Ben Affleck was also possibly the worst choice for the role.

Add to that all the bullshit about people arguing whether or not it can be seen as mysoginistic, and it just isn't worth the effort.

X-Men (the most recent one).

Haven't watched an X-Men movie before but I was immediately impressed with the strong cast and JL's body.

I am not a massive fan of superheroes but thought the movie was fast paced and enjoyed the 70's aspect.

7.5/10

I thought it was solid but I still sat there thinking this is all well and good but surely Magneto is about to go nuts. I hadn't seen the trailer and if I had I forgot about it so I can say it was a predictable film without having previous knowledge of it... then again I shouldn't expect anymore from an X-men movie.

• 2 weeks later...