Melbourne Football

Sunday 1st April 5pm kick off DEFINITELY MUST WIN GAME vs Newcastle

kingofhearts

What a fantastic win! Azarni was easily MOM today but i can't fault anyone honestly, what a great team performance

3rd spot is ours to lose now. Do we want to finish third however? Will that mean we'll vs Sydney earlier on in the finals series? 

Maybe we tank for fourth instead?

Edited by kingofhearts

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

What a fantastic win! Azarni was easily MOM today but i can't fault anyone honestly, what a great team performance

3rd spot is ours to lose now. Do we want to finish third however? Will that mean we'll vs Sydney earlier on in the finals series? 

Maybe we tank for fourth instead?

Third means we can't vs Sydney until Grand Final if we both make it that far.

• Like 2

Can't underestimate how excellent this performance was. Apart from a rusty first 5 minutes or so of each half, we were totally dominant.

Well coached, consistency and an ever improving chemistry between the players has us sitting in the best position for a finals tilt. 

Very impressed with everyone today.

P.S. don't know about his contract state but club should try their hardest to get Pato next season.

On 26/03/2018 at 3:48 PM, Tommykins said:

Given Newcastle inexplicably were at 6's and 7's at the back (which is usually the opposite of a Merrick team), and the fact that Bruno looked like old Bruno for the first time since he's come back from injury, I reserve the right to be far too optimistic leading up to this game, then have my hopes dashed when we actually step out onto the park.

I absolutely do not need this kind of performance to give me false hope this late in the season. Well done all and sundry.

• Like 1

That was an excellent team performance. Can’t fault anyone. Arzani, Bruno, and Dario up front is working a treat. We look dangerous everytime we go forward. I also think Bozanic has given us more solidity in midfield alongside Brattan. This has  helped our back four in defending. The last two games has seen Jacobsen at his best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, silva10 said:

That was an excellent team performance. Can’t fault anyone. Arzani, Bruno, and Dario up front is working a treat. We look dangerous everytime we go forward. I also think Bozanic has given us more solidity in midfield alongside Brattan. This has  helped our back four in defending. The last two games has seen Jacobsen at his best.

Up until now I haven't rated Bozanic and couldn't see him being better or keeping out Malik but now I can. He has a better passing range than Malik. Also Mauk plays a huge role. Bruno and Arzani don't track back much but Mauk and Vidosic get through heaps of work off the ball.

So at this point I can't see Malik or Budzinski playing again this season  (barring injury) which is a good thing as they will busting a gut to get back.

With 2 games to go we are in the best position to have a decent finals tilt ever.

Oh wait........

11 hours ago, haz said:

So does the Metronome make it back unto the XI? Two clean sheets in a row

Amazing really.........im not sure how you could just throw him back in with Bozanic playing and linking up the way he is. I would even think that Bozanic offers a bit more with pace and playing the ball at his feet. The team does look very settled with this 11

Edited by HeartOfCity

Finally seen the whole game, and that was super impressive. We probably finish 3rd now unless we completely fuck up, and Newcastle holds no fears for us. They havnt beaten us yet

No coincidence in my opinion that our 2 best performance of the year have come on the back of a settled line up.

Also about time a referee took control of teams hacking Arzani. Torpor Stanley did it, yellow card. Vujica did it, yellow card. Meant that the kid could play and not worry about his leg getting broken every time he got the ball