Melbourne Football

RD 5 V Sydney 3/11 AAMI PARK KO 7:50

Inferno

1 hour ago, MXG said:

C'mon, we're all like him, but stop looking at reputation and be real. He did nothing except those 2(!) crosses he made. And he constantly stopped the ball and broke fluency instead of passing it further. Him and Bruce were hogging the ball for far to long trying to take on 3 smurfs constantly. Kamau was better defensively though. Budzik from other side was an example of the player 2 levels higher. Protecting the ball, freeing his teammates or passing it quick when appropriate. Played too deep, that's why you did not see him.

At some point Joyce will have to put creativity in the midfield. Brattan is shit. Jacko and Malik are defenders. Kilkenny can be an option. Mauk is not bad but his finish is awful. In reality he needs Carussca or Budzik there, not playing with 6 defenders.

No guarantee it will work but at the moment it's a seance of deejay-vu, when last year we played well only until other teams adopted to us.

I hope Joyce is not just some kind of anti-JVS, 1 plan for all games, defense instead of possession.

I give up. I'm obviously watching a different match.

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

My missus got an email from MCFC just now: "Don't miss our top of the table clash this Friday night!"

It's the same email that was sent last week. Such intelligent people work at MC HQ.

Matrix glitch.

It isn't where it is if you believe what isn't is.

That's why it happened 

55 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

If only we had this defence with the attack of a couple if years ago of mooy bruno and novillo.  Our midfield and forwards are very average.  It's a concern that the likes of malik mauk fitzy and kamau are first team players.

I get what your saying but to be fair the likes of Malik Mauk Fitzy and Kamau are a main reason why the defense has been so strong. 

I'm hoping over time (next 6 to 10 games) we tilt the balance to be a bit more attacking but maintain the steel at the back. 

I think this will depend heavily on how the fullbacks and holding mids develop.