Melbourne Football

Wed 1 Aug - 7.30pm vs. Port Melbourne @JLMurphy Reserve

jw1739

He's a smug fuck who has done nothing to keep his position. We'd be better with Mehm tbh. The quicker the board cuts him the better.

Spot on. Dont like his attitude, smug as fuck. Didnt sign owen. Forced ante out of club so he wouldn't get his job. Only won 8-0 against a state 1 team.. And how's this for a stat.. He Hasn't won a single aleague game as coach.

On top of all that, he's had the same hair cut for 26 years. Sack him ASAP and bring in Lez Murray.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 4

I was in favour of Milicic being appointed head coach. However it sounds as if JA has got a winning mentality that will hopefully rub off on our players. I've only met him once and he does come across as "confident".

Did something happen at the match tonight to bring on the cries of sack him, smug etc.?

Promising signs against an average side. GKs looking to play out from the back was nice to see. Very happy to see Gray boss the second half, albeit against mainly kids. Walker looked lively, sign him up, and Williams has got his pace back.

The sooner we play a decent VPL outfit ad/or AL squad the better though.

• Like 1

Kalmar had a really good game tonight, passed really well, was he playing midfield?

Fuck hoffman off serioiusly, i've seen fucking ballaranias with more skill than him.

Does anyone know who number 11 was? everytime that muppet got the ball he shot it

Edited by kingofhearts

Kalmar had a really good game tonight, passed really well, was he playing midfield?

Fuck hoffman off serioiusly, i've seen fucking ballaranias with more skill than him.

Does anyone know who number 11 was? everytime that muppet got the ball he shot it

As we only played a bunch of kids tonight we can't read too much into the game, but the one thing we can be certsin of is that hoffman has to go.

• Like 2

Port Melbourne pretty much played there under 21 squad.

In the second half there was not one senior player on the pitch for Port Melbourne

It looked like it. But I still thought it was an improvement from Friday night in Geelong. We dominated the whole game like we should've. But it's hard to judge where we're really at untill we play some better oppostion. Our defence especially isn't being challenged much.

But some good signs anyway. Macallister might not dominate the A League, but he does give us something different - he looks dangerous in the air (which I don't think Babalj ever did), and with his experience, knows how to play a role as a target man up front. He looks like a basic, traditional, no frills, no. 9. And in a better side than Gold Coast, he might be quite useful. I thought Adriasevic (or however you spell his name) looked comfortable tonight too. But again, it was pretty cruisy given the opposition.

Edited by Sash

It's impossible to get much out of that. Other than being a bit of fun, it was almost pointless. By the second half, the team wasn't even playing together, just making individual runs past the various 12 year olds that they were against.

The only thing that was fucking obvious is that Hoffman isn't getting any better, and should leave.

Despite the nice scoreline, we need to play against a team with some physical ability.

• Like 1

very happy with the performance tbh.

yes it was a below par side we played, but you would still think they could threaten the goalie once or twice. which they didnt.

dont recall them even having a shot iirc.

Good signs early on in pre-season so far.

Still havent seen merbrhatu, fred or tadic yet either.

All this whilst fielding several trialists, and winning the game 8-0.

Im very pleased.

• Like 1

Williams played far better than anytime he played last season IMO.

As for the trialist, if I had to sign up the "last 3" (to make the 20 or 21 player squad we need) I would easily take Govas, Konyit and Walker. I thought the first two really showed some talent, and Govas has a wicked corner/cross on him.

• Like 1

Good to see so Big Supermac show his doubters what I saw in the old warhorse.

Hoff should go join Sarkies and Kamal as Bergers.

Jeremy Walker (#28) playing LB in the second half def deserves a mention, his flasher brother Zac (j/k) makes the headlines but Jeremy continues to develop into a fine player and possible replacement for Goodwin.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Kick Kalmar was fantastic. Actually moved in midfield compared to others and technically really good.. Hopefully he can stay fit..

Govas is a show pony and needs to stop trying to score wonder goals everytime he gets anywhere near the 18 yard box. Has potential though and could be a really good player..

Konyit and Vrankovic look like fantastic prospects. Konyit can already cross the ball better than Marrone..

There were a lot of players that won't cut it at A League level though. Gray will struggle. Hoffman not good enough. Same for the number 11 defensive midfielder. Name?

Hopefully Gerhardt improves because his passing last night was rubbish..

JA has alot of work to do.. Persisting with the 4-4-3 is good but the movement of the players in midfield and the final 3rd needs to be much better than the last two seasons and the same can be said for the last two friendly games.. The second half last night doesn't count when we were playing against 16 year olds..

• Like 2

Pretty much agree with most of that. We were very ordinary indeed until Kalmar came on, and he was the mainspring for the rest of the game. As you say, at last a midfielder who moves to receive the ball and can actually create something when he's got it. I don't see much in Gerhardt at this stage except a lot of cards coming our way. I don't know why we persist with Hoffman. Marrone has become very one-dimensional in his play, and Williams is not a winger.

Forget the 8-0 scoreline. We were playing a team from a club two tiers below us in the hierarchy. Anything less would have been a failure. IMO last night showed is how much work lies ahead of us.

Port Melbourne pretty much played there under 21 squad.

In the second half there was not one senior player on the pitch for Port Melbourne

number 14 for them was really good i thought at LB

14 for Port was Dylan Murnane a 17yo and he is on their seniors list.Unfortunately with Port chasing VPL promotion and at a crucial stage Heart didn't get to play the starting 11 .