Melbourne Football

Aziz Behich

Murfy1

It'd be too big a backwards step for him at this point in his career imo.

Well if he can't get game time and Behich is, then ,barring injury, I can't see Davidson starting. Can Davidson get a loan spell to the second division in the UK? The article is not clear. Maybe the third but then he is no better off than in the A-League. So if he wants to play in the cup in January, and CFG are making the offer then its up to him because sitting on the pine is also a backward step.

• 1 month later...

Given Aziz's excellent (to me) performance as Australia's first choice left back in a major tournament, I thought it was time to bump this thread.

I always rated Aziz but became concerned last year that he'd plateaued or worse. Fantastic to see a Heart original make the step to Socceroo first XI.

• Like 2

Given Aziz's excellent (to me) performance as Australia's first choice left back in a major tournament, I thought it was time to bump this thread.

I always rated Aziz but became concerned last year that he'd plateaued or worse. Fantastic to see a Heart original make the step to Socceroo first XI.

Also known as the "The Aloisi Effect"

• Like 3

Last season it looked like Aziz was reading for the Babalj book of team play. Was trying to do too much and getting caught out time and time again, costing us goals. 

His transformation in under 12 months has been amazing, from bench at the bottom club in the A-League to starting LB for the Socceroos. He deserves a lot of credit for knuckling down and proving the doubters wrong.

• Like 1

Last season it looked like Aziz was reading for the Babalj book of team play. Was trying to do too much and getting caught out time and time again, costing us goals. 

His transformation in under 12 months has been amazing, from bench at the bottom club in the A-League to starting LB for the Socceroos. He deserves a lot of credit for knuckling down and proving the doubters wrong.

Its a pity that I really cared how he played for Heart, only care a little bit about how he plays for the National Team, and dont give two fucks about how he plays in bloody Turkey.

• Like 3

Couldn't agree more. Kudos for the hard work he seems to have done

Couldn't agree more. Kudos for the hard work he seems to have done

• Like 1

Also known as the "The Aloisi Effect"

In some cases like say Duga, the plateau has turned into a sink hole.

Also known as the "The Aloisi Effect" In some cases like say Duga, the plateau has turned into a sink hole. So where does the players responsibility come into this? As far as I'm concerned Dugandzic form is solely his responsibility at this stage. Edited by n i k o

Australian Messi.

Turkey mad they didn't cap him.

It be interesting to see where Aziz would be playing his Soccer if could not be counted as Turkish under the Turkish League's rules... Yes it's such a huge advantage, all those Australian Footballers with EU passports are for sure jealous :droy:

The majority of Australians in Europe wouldn't be there if they didn't have an EU citizenship, all Aziz has is Turkey that he isn't counted as a foreigner in.

It doesn't matter any way how he got his chance, he has clearly made the most of it, and is better than Davidson (where would Davidson be playing if he didn't have a EU passport) so either way he is first choice Socceroos left back :up:

Edited by Tesla

It's actually a good point you bring up cadete, wheere would Behich be playing if he had an EU passport? If Davidson can play for WBA with an EU passport, then surely Behich could play for Real Madrid with an EU passport :hmm:

:droy:

Well seeing as his doing so unbelievably well for this Turkish Side (Who spend most of the time playing teams most of us have never heard of or care about) and the National Team (Who are beating Asian sides comparable in ability to lower A-League sides) where are all the newspaper articles that come with such performances showing interest from other clubs??? :hmm:

The fact is that he is playing Left Back which is the position that is the least important/last picked for most sides... and a position that his club understandably don't want to waste a Visa spot on... which is why the only overseas league he has ever been linked to in his career is Turkey - Because of the Visa Rule.

Edit - Also its great to know that he gives a shit about playing well in Turkey but could not even get close to winning MHFC's Best and Fairest last season in a season where we finished second last... I mean if he could be playing for Real Madrid does that not therefore mean he should have won MHFC's B&F last year?

Edited by cadete

It's actually a good point you bring up cadete, wheere would Behich be playing if he had an EU passport? If Davidson can play for WBA with an EU passport, then surely Behich could play for Real Madrid with an EU passport :hmm:

Well seeing as his doing so unbelievably well for this Turkish Side (Who spend most of the time playing teams most of us have never heard of or care about) and the National Team (Who are beating Asian sides comparable in ability to lower A-League sides) where are all the newspaper articles that come with such performances showing interest from other clubs??? :hmm:

The fact is that he is playing Left Back which is the position that is the least important/last picked for most sides... and a position that his club understandably don't want to waste a Visa spot on... which is why the only overseas league he has ever been linked to in his career is Turkey - Because of the Visa Rule.

Edit - Also its great to know that he gives a shit about playing well in Turkey but could not even get close to winning MHFC's Best and Fairest last season in a season where we finished second last... I mean if he could be playing for Real Madrid does that not therefore mean he should have won MHFC's B&F last year?

Yes because I actually think he should be playing for Real Madrid :up:

My point was, if anything, he is hampered by the fact he doesn't have an EU passport. That's probably why there won't be much interest in him from elsewhere in Europe. My point was also that most Australian in Europe are in the position you mention, of only being there because they don't count as a foreigner (because they have EU passports, or play in leagues with very loose foreigner limits). There are very few Australians that actually use up a foreigner spot for their clubs. Off the top of my head, from the current squad, Franjic (who is on his way out of his club), Kruse, Leckie, and Langerak. The Dutch and Belgian leagues dont really have foreigner limits, England doesn't have a limit you just have to have played 75% of your countries games in a given period of time to get a visa, and the others playing in Europe have a EU passport. Wouldn't surprise me if Langerak, kruse or Leckie have an EU passport, in fact surely Langerak does because otherwise he is such a waste. I think in Germany the foreigner limit is on the match squad, and given that Kruse doesn't play games he doesn't really count. So it would seem the only Australian player good enough to use a foreigner spot is Leckie (assuming he doesn't have an EU passport), and that's because he plays in a league clearly below his level (key player for the top team in the division).

So to try make a comment on Behich's ability because he doesn't count as a foreigner for his club is retarded.

Edited by Tesla

Edit - Also its great to know that he gives a shit about playing well in Turkey but could not even get close to winning MHFC's Best and Fairest last season in a season where we finished second last... I mean if he could be playing for Real Madrid does that not therefore mean he should have won MHFC's B&F last year? Yes because I actually think he should be playing for Real Madrid :up:

My point was, if anything, he is hampered by the fact he doesn't have an EU passport. That's probably why there won't be much interest in him from elsewhere in Europe. My point was also that most Australian in Europe are in the position you mention, of only being there because they don't count as a foreigner (because they have EU passports). There are very few Australians that actually use up a foreigner spot for their clubs. Off the top of my head, from the current squad, Franjic (who is on his way out of his club), Kruse, Leckie, and Langerak. The Dutch and Belgian leagues dont really have foreigner limits, England doesn't have a limit you just have to have played 75% of your countries games in a given period of time to get a visa, and the others playing in Europe have a EU passport. Wouldn't surprise me if Langerak, kruse or Leckie have an EU passport, in fact surely Langerak does because otherwise he is such a waste. I think in Germany the foreigner limit is on the match squad, and given that Kruse doesn't play games he doesn't really count. So it would seem the only Australian player good enough to use a foreigner spot is Leckie (assuming he doesn't have an EU passport), and that's because he plays in a league clearly below his level.

So to try make a comment on Behich's ability because he doesn't count as a foreigner for his club is retarded.I think Cadete is referring to the fact that in the Turkish league, there's a limit of how many foreign players you can have in your XI and he's saying because they don't wanna waste a foreign spot on their LB, that's why Aziz is a starter every week.

I think...

• Like 1

Yes because I actually think he should be playing for Real Madrid :up:

My point was, if anything, he is hampered by the fact he doesn't have an EU passport. That's probably why there won't be much interest in him from elsewhere in Europe. My point was also that most Australian in Europe are in the position you mention, of only being there because they don't count as a foreigner (because they have EU passports, or play in leagues with very loose foreigner limits). There are very few Australians that actually use up a foreigner spot for their clubs. Off the top of my head, from the current squad, Franjic (who is on his way out of his club), Kruse, Leckie, and Langerak. The Dutch and Belgian leagues dont really have foreigner limits, England doesn't have a limit you just have to have played 75% of your countries games in a given period of time to get a visa, and the others playing in Europe have a EU passport. Wouldn't surprise me if Langerak, kruse or Leckie have an EU passport, in fact surely Langerak does because otherwise he is such a waste. I think in Germany the foreigner limit is on the match squad, and given that Kruse doesn't play games he doesn't really count. So it would seem the only Australian player good enough to use a foreigner spot is Leckie (assuming he doesn't have an EU passport), and that's because he plays in a league clearly below his level.

So to try make a comment on Behich's ability because he doesn't count as a foreigner for his club is retarded.

But HOW hasn't a player as heavenly blessed in soccer ability (and amazingly as almost as Ethnic and Alpha as the infamous Telsa) not received attention from clubs elsewhere in the world where he would fill up the position of foreigner??? :hmm:

He is that good isn't he??? 

Edit - And haz7 that was my point about him getting a game as a LB... the 1990's AFL back pocket of the Soccer World.

Edited by cadete

Edit - Also its great to know that he gives a shit about playing well in Turkey but could not even get close to winning MHFC's Best and Fairest last season in a season where we finished second last... I mean if he could be playing for Real Madrid does that not therefore mean he should have won MHFC's B&F last year? Yes because I actually think he should be playing for Real Madrid :up:

My point was, if anything, he is hampered by the fact he doesn't have an EU passport. That's probably why there won't be much interest in him from elsewhere in Europe. My point was also that most Australian in Europe are in the position you mention, of only being there because they don't count as a foreigner (because they have EU passports). There are very few Australians that actually use up a foreigner spot for their clubs. Off the top of my head, from the current squad, Franjic (who is on his way out of his club), Kruse, Leckie, and Langerak. The Dutch and Belgian leagues dont really have foreigner limits, England doesn't have a limit you just have to have played 75% of your countries games in a given period of time to get a visa, and the others playing in Europe have a EU passport. Wouldn't surprise me if Langerak, kruse or Leckie have an EU passport, in fact surely Langerak does because otherwise he is such a waste. I think in Germany the foreigner limit is on the match squad, and given that Kruse doesn't play games he doesn't really count. So it would seem the only Australian player good enough to use a foreigner spot is Leckie (assuming he doesn't have an EU passport), and that's because he plays in a league clearly below his level.

So to try make a comment on Behich's ability because he doesn't count as a foreigner for his club is retarded.I think Cadete is referring to the fact that in the Turkish league, there's a limit of how many foreign players you can have in your XI and he's saying because they don't wanna waste a foreign spot on their LB, that's why Aziz is a starter every week.

I think...

And isn't that the point I made in that the only Australian player that is worthy of using up a foreigner spot in all of Europe is Leckie?

Fact is there will always be some Brazilian cunt wanting to get out of the fucking ghetto with twice the ability who'll play for half the money of an Australian, so Australians are rarely going to be using up foreigner spots in Europe.

So to try make a comment on Behich's ability because he doesn't count as a foreigner for his club is retarded. I think Cadete is referring to the fact that in the Turkish league, there's a limit of how many foreign players you can have in your XI and he's saying because they don't wanna waste a foreign spot on their LB, that's why Aziz is a starter every week.

I think...

And isn't that the point I made in that the only Australian player that is worthy of using up a foreigner spot in all of Europe is Leckie?

Fact is there will always be some Brazilian cunt wanting to get out of the fucking ghetto with twice the ability who'll play for half the money of an Australian, so Australians are rarely going to be using up foreigner spots in Europe.

The fact is that Aziz is playing back pocket in the worst Socceroos side that I have ever seen... and it fucken amazes me that they actually worst than the sides of my childhood but they are by a considerable distance. (It must shit guys like Paul Wade constantly they he couldn't be hailed as a star for beating minnows like Kuwait at purpose built Modern Soccer Stadiums in front of 30,000 people.)

He also plays back pocket for a club that next nobody here had heard of two years ago except for via video games... because that way they can play other foreigners in the actual important positions on the field.

Edit - Also its great to know that he gives a shit about playing well in Turkey but could not even get close to winning MHFC's Best and Fairest last season in a season where we finished second last... I mean if he could be playing for Real Madrid does that not therefore mean he should have won MHFC's B&F last year?Yes because I actually think he should be playing for Real Madrid :up:

I think...And isn't that the point I made in that the only Australian player that is worthy of using up a foreigner spot in all of Europe is Leckie?

The fact is that Aziz is playing back pocket in the worst Socceroos side that I have ever seen... and it fucken amazes me that they actually worst than the sides of my childhood but they are by a considerable distance. (It must shit guys like Paul Wade constantly they he couldn't be hailed as a star for beating minnows like Kuwait at purpose built Modern Soccer Stadiums in front of 30,000 people.)

He also plays back pocket for a club that next nobody here had heard of two years ago except for via video games... because that way they can play other foreigners in the actual important positions on the field.It's a shame that you couldn't come up with all these great explanations as to why Aziz is playing for club and country when you incorrectly predicted he wouldn't get game time in Turkey and he would never play for the Socceroos.

It would have saved you from being wrong :up:

Edited by Tesla

Pretty harsh on aziz tbh.

Sure, the guy was average last season, but lets be honest, who wasn't? The club was in complete disarray under JA's tenure, so i wouldn't really look at last season to judge how good of a player he can be.

I never thought he would get out of Aus, he always gave a 100% for the club (except for THAT season) so for him to be playing at one of the biggest clubs in Europe consistently has really proved me wrong and i can be nothing but happy for him.

Sure, the guy was average last season, but lets be honest, who wasn't? The club was in complete disarray under JA's tenure, so i wouldn't really look at last season to judge how good of a player he can be.

I never thought he would get out of Aus, he always gave a 100% for the club (except for THAT season) so for him to be playing at one of the biggest clubs in Europe consistently has really proved me wrong and i can be nothing but happy for him.

How is a club ranked 119 by UEFA one of the biggest clubs in Europe?

LOL - Even bloody Modern Day Glasgow Rangers who are literally being sacked by their own fans as we speak rank above bloody Bursapor.

Mind you I guess their is probably some Scot out there four years ago when Gers were current SPL Champions (and UEFA Cup Runners Up only a season before) that said that "Crap Player X" would never play for Rangers only to see the club be put in bottom flight and field "Crap Player X".

But that's the same thing isn't Telsa???

Enjoy going the early crow my friend... lets just hope that when the Turkish League changes it rules and the Australian team becomes remotely watchable agian that you dont look like certain PPL who after being absent from this forum for months came on out of nowhere to give it to everyone about how the club was going to keep the #RedAndWhite after hearing that League had blocked CFG early attempts to make us wear Sky Blue.

Edited by cadete

How is a club ranked 119 by UEFA one of the biggest clubs in Europe?

LOL - Even bloody Modern Day Glasgow Rangers who are literally being sacked by their own fans as we speak rank above bloody Bursapor.

Mind you I guess their is probably some Scot out there four years ago when Gers were current SPL Champions (and UEFA Cup Runners Up only a season before) that said that "Crap Player X" would never play for Rangers only to see the club be put in bottom flight and field "Crap Player X".

But that's the same thing isn't Telsa???

Enjoy going the early crow my friend... lets just hope that when the Turkish League changes it rules and the Australian team becomes remotely watchable agian that you dont look like certain PPL who after being absent from this forum for months came on out of nowhere to give it to everyone about how the club was going to keep the #RedAndWhite after hearing that League had blocked CFG early attempts to make us wear Sky Blue.

What early crow? No matter what happens from now on you were wrong, that's what happens when you say someone will never play for the NT and then they do. And the NT is better now than when you said he would never play for it, at least we convincingly beat teams like Kuwait and Omar now, that hasn't been the case over the last few years.

Also LOL @ this guy claiming Bursaspor are on of the biggest clubs in Europe. That's obviously not the case. But it's a pretty big team in a decent league and Behich playing regularly there is a lot more than most Australian soccer players are achieving. He's done well and exceeded most people's expectations.

What's wrong with bursaspor? Probably the biggest club in world sport tbh.

Still a good club to play at for some guy who couldn't cross a ball in for shit for the majority of his time at heart.

(And his career hasn't stalled such as other heart kids such as hamill and Eli so you know he is legit)

Still a good club to play at for some guy who couldn't cross a ball in for shit for the majority of his time at heart.

(And his career hasn't stalled such as other heart kids such as hamill and Eli so you know he is legit)

His career did stall and luckily for us we got to reaps the benefits of his poor defending costing us numerous goals and a couple games last season... #fuckyeahyoof

And my point about Bursaspor is that this forum tends to act like they are some European Giant everyone has grown up knowing since they were five just because Aziz is playing there when in reality they are ranked 119th by UEFA which is hardly that great when even Celtic (Who pretty much play against Farmers and Bus Drivers these days) are some 60 points higher at 51st.

It reminds me of when Red Star blew their budget on Eli and for some stupid reason PPL on here thought they were going to continue to let him play for Heart for development reasons. When in reality Red Star themselves are ranked 204th by UEFA (I just looked this up) and alongside a handful of decent sides spend most of their time playing against sides that not that much better than A-League clubs and in some cases def worse.

Edited by cadete

His career did stall and luckily for us we got to reaps the benefits of his poor defending costing us numerous goals and a couple games last season... #fuckyeahyoof

And my point about Bursaspor is that this forum tends to act like they are some European Giant everyone has grown up knowing since they were five just because Aziz is playing there when in reality they are ranked 119th by UEFA which is hardly that great when even Celtic (Who pretty much play against Farmers and Bus Drivers these days) are some 60 points higher at 51st.

It reminds me of when Red Star blew their budget on Eli and for some stupid reason PPL on here thought they were going to continue to let him play for Heart for development reasons. When in reality Red Star themselves are ranked 204th by UEFA (I just looked this up) and alongside a handful of decent sides spend most of their time playing against sides that not that much better than A-League clubs and in some cases def worse.

Those rankings are very misleading and dubious. From what I can gather they are solely based on a teams performance in European competitions and have no relation to a teams performance domestically.

Those rankings are very misleading and dubious. From what I can gather they are solely based on a teams performance in European competitions and have no relation to a teams performance domestically.

I agree that they are not the greatest mate but they still show that playing Left Back for Bursaspor is not perhaps as great as an achievement as PPL around here like to make out.

I agree that they are not the greatest mate but they still show that playing Left Back for Bursaspor is not perhaps as great as an achievement as PPL around here like to make out.

Yet he is keeping an international out of the Starting XI, an international who has played over 50 times for Nigeria, isn't even 30 and has played for AC Milan & Marseille.