Melbourne Football

Aziz Behich

Murfy1

The article does say that the chances of Behich being around next season are "slim".

JVS might prefer Behich to be the LB for next season because he knows what he's got with Behich, and Behich did have 2 real good seasons under JVS when he first coached Heart.

I've guessed that Jason Davidson, Shane Lowry and Michael Zullo all could be options for Heart at LB next season, but who knows. They all could well be keen to stay in Europe, and could possibly stay at their current clubs, or other European clubs could be eager to snap them up.

And there's just the general point that if a club is negotiating with a player, it doesn't do that club any favours to say that it is in desperate need of that player, and doesn't have other options. So from a negotiating point of view, it makes sense for Heart to say that it "will do everything" to secure Behich for next season. If the likes of Davidson plausibly believe that he's in competition with Behich to be Heart's left-back for next season, then he might agree to join Heart for more agreeable terms, to out-compete Behich and secure the LB spot.

I'm of the opinion though that Behich leaving is inevitable. He's contracted to Bursaspor for 2 more seasons after this season is finished, so I'm sure that he'll go back to Turkey when this season is up.

I get what you are saying and this troubles me. We know what we are getting as does JvS but there seems to be a bit too much of we know what we are getting. I am all for having some continuity, the ability to create and celebrate our history but there has to be a limit. At the moment the thinking here is that some people believe that we need just a few better players in the spine and then the team will be competitive and others believe in a radical overhaul. I tend to be in the former but I am getting a distinct chill by the number of players being kept.

Distinct chill? I feel a bloody cold draught straight from the South Pole. Might as well re-sign the lot, settle for bottom-four again and sub-5,000 crowds.

Are you serious?

We have not had a player more deadly near goal since we had Sibon.

He was also easily one of the best passes of the ball we ever had as well.

Only Orlando now and Season 2 (Not Season 3) Fred were probably better than him.

Short memories on here? I recall that after 12 or so rounds of Season 1 the old RWU site was calling for Sibon to be benched. JvS had to drop him back to a more deep-lying role before he did a lot for us. As for JvS, I recall the thread on the RWU Forum entitled "Is JvS tactically limited?"

Time heals many wounds.

I don't resile from the view that our squad for 2014-15 needs a significant injection of genuine talent if we are to be competitive.

Are you serious?

Only Orlando now and Season 2 (Not Season 3) Fred were probably better than him.

Short memories on here? I recall that after 12 or so rounds of Season 1 the old RWU site was calling for Sibon to be benched. JvS had to drop him back to a more deep-lying role before he did a lot for us. As for JvS, I recall the thread on the RWU Forum entitled "Is JvS tactically limited?"

Time heals many wounds.

I don't resile from the view that our squad for 2014-15 needs a significant injection of genuine talent if we are to be competitive.

JVS didnt recruit a number 10 for Season One... hence Sibon suffered when used as a number 9 and then thrived as a makeshift number 10.

The article does say that the chances of Behich being around next season are "slim".

JVS might prefer Behich to be the LB for next season because he knows what he's got with Behich, and Behich did have 2 real good seasons under JVS when he first coached Heart.

I've guessed that Jason Davidson, Shane Lowry and Michael Zullo all could be options for Heart at LB next season, but who knows. They all could well be keen to stay in Europe, and could possibly stay at their current clubs, or other European clubs could be eager to snap them up.

And there's just the general point that if a club is negotiating with a player, it doesn't do that club any favours to say that it is in desperate need of that player, and doesn't have other options. So from a negotiating point of view, it makes sense for Heart to say that it "will do everything" to secure Behich for next season. If the likes of Davidson plausibly believe that he's in competition with Behich to be Heart's left-back for next season, then he might agree to join Heart for more agreeable terms, to out-compete Behich and secure the LB spot.

I'm of the opinion though that Behich leaving is inevitable. He's contracted to Bursaspor for 2 more seasons after this season is finished, so I'm sure that he'll go back to Turkey when this season is up.

I would be very surprised if Davidson came here, he has a good future in Europe.

With Lowery he will offer next to nothing in attack but long balls, he is a converted CB, but if you want a ball winner he would be good. Though I don't think he fits the way city want to play.

Zullo would be great if Adelaide don't get him again, as they would be first in line.

How about McGowan, out of favour in the CSL after moving from Scotland, their new manager seems to have other plans. He has played either wing, is two footed and is a converted FB when playing CB, I think he is a real chance and would be a great signing.

Behich may have been out of form this season, which I dont think should be too surprising given he probably doesnt feel like he has much to prove here any more and is more concerned with playing in Turkey next season, bot overall he has been one of our best players over the years. How many players do we have that have played and scored for the NT in recent years in our team?

Behich may have been out of form this season, which I dont think should be too surprising given he probably doesnt feel like he has much to prove here any more and is more concerned with playing in Turkey next season, bot overall he has been one of our best players over the years. How many players do we have that have played and scored for the NT in recent years in our team?

Cant Defend, Cant Cross, Cant shoot...

Aussie Sokka's version of this bloke:

spt_muller030524.jpg

I gotta say I always loved the way Behich went about things (mainly taking players on) but he hasn't shown much this season at all. To be honest I wouldn't give a shit if he left for another aleague club... which he obviously won't but thats how meh I am about the bloke these days.

Are you serious?

Time heals many wounds.

JVS didnt recruit a number 10 for Season One... hence Sibon suffered when used as a number 9 and then thrived as a makeshift number 10.

He was guilty of missing many chances in front of goal from what i remember. While he was good on the ball, the amount of sitters he missed was inexcusable for someone of his quality.

Orlando has been one of the only players in this clubs short history that when he gets a good shot on goal, i'm confident it will go in. Didn;t have that feeling with Sibon.

• Like 1

I get what you are saying and this troubles me. We know what we are getting as does JvS but there seems to be a bit too much of we know what we are getting. I am all for having some continuity, the ability to create and celebrate our history but there has to be a limit. At the moment the thinking here is that some people believe that we need just a few better players in the spine and then the team will be competitive and others believe in a radical overhaul. I tend to be in the former but I am getting a distinct chill by the number of players being kept.

Distinct chill? I feel a bloody cold draught straight from the South Pole. Might as well re-sign the lot, settle for bottom-four again and sub-5,000 crowds.

This is being overly dramatic, if not melodramatic. 

The Heart squad has been overhauled multiple times in the club's short 4 season history. Only 5 players are still around from the club's second season, namely Williams, Behich, Hoffman, Kalmar and Dugandzic. And only 2 of those players, Williams and Hoffman, are sure to be around next season, whilst Behich is all but certain to be gone, and Kalmar's and Dugandzic's futures hang in the balance.

As for this season's squad being around next season, already 3 players have been released (Macallister, Golgol and Mifsud), 1 will retire (Kewell) and 1 is certain to leave (Behich). Whilst many players are still in limbo with regards to next season: Mitchinson, Gerhardt, Vrankovic, Kisnorbo, Walker, Engelaar and maybe Dugandzic, Kalmar, Germano, Garuccio, Mauk.

So 5 spots (including 1 VISA spot), and all marquee spots, are free for next season. And 6 players could readily be released for next season (inc. 2 VISA spots), and conceivably more players could also go (although unlikely IMO).

So there's a very big amount of space and opportunity to rebuild the squad for next season. And Heart will undoubtedly have several new players next season, which is more than enough turnover for Heart to bring in enough quality to create a side that can challenge for silverware in the A-League (anyway, I defy anyone to name 10 Australian players that could realistically be signed for next season that would clearly add value to the squad. It. Simply. Cannot. Be. Done.).

• Like 3

Easily our most passionate and enthusiastic player on the pitch, and always good for providing entertainment, but unfortunately his lack of technical ability has let him down this year.
Determination was something we lacked in the past, and that's why Aziz's effort made him shine.
IMO, it's time to move on and look for another left back or explore developing the Gooch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Based on last seasons form Aziz has to go. He looked like a petulant child that didn't want to be on pitch for most of the season.

I dont want Garuccio to be wasted in Lb but I would prefer him to Aziz

Already gone

Not quite sure how you get this. He will be back if his training doesn't go brilliantly in Turkey I can assure you.

My problem with Aziz was this whole "must play every week" thing. I don't think it helps him develop, and creates some strange psychological problem that I can't quite explain or really understand properly but I can see there is something different there. He should obviously be wanting to start every week, but the fact that he was basically on a contract that said he must doesn't help him at all.

• 3 months later...

Aziz played a full match for Bursaspor, in round 2 of UEFA Europa League qualifying. The match against Chikhura Sachkhere ended as a goalless draw.

So much for the Aziz haters who said he wouldn't be playing when he goes back to Turkey.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Aziz played a full match for Bursaspor, in round 2 of UEFA Europa League qualifying. The match against Chikhura Sachkhere ended as a goalless draw.

So much for the Aziz haters who said he wouldn't be playing when he goes back to Turkey.

Should note that the LB they had while Aziz was on loan with us was was actually a RB playing out of position from what I could gather online.

Should note that the LB they had while Aziz was on loan with us was was actually a RB playing out of position from what I could gather online.

Nah, Aziz has proven he is far superior and so he has become the starter.

Nah, Aziz has proven he is far superior and so he has become the starter.

I never doubted that, but he wasn't up against much.

He's up against ex Marseille and AC Milan LB Taiwo.....who along with Seb Frey weren't registered for their Europa League Qualifiers.

Taiwo was also recently indicted in France for outstanding Taxes, which may have something to do with it.

Strange that they weren't registered, the only reason would be due to the HG player rules, but even then Behich also isnt a HG player so they could have just as easily registered Taiwo instead of Behich.

maybe fitness issues?

Or they plan on selling Taiwo and Frey? So they don't want them cup tied.

Actually I think Bursaspor have had some trouble with the FFP, so they're probably looking to offload Taiwo and Frey. No Taiwo = behich will be starting.

Edited by Tesla

He's up against ex Marseille and AC Milan LB Taiwo.....who along with Seb Frey weren't registered for their Europa League Qualifiers.

Taiwo was also recently indicted in France for outstanding Taxes, which may have something to do with it.

My bad, only looked at the last few games of their season and he wasn't playing, been on the outer for a while I suppose?

Hope he plays in the first week of the Süper Lig against Galatasaray. Will be great to watch him in a massive game like that.

How are you able to watch these games? Are they telecast somewhere or online?

Edited by Jake

played full game as Bursaspor were knocked out of Europa qualifying on penalties 4-1 after another nil all draw against Chikhura (Georgia). Appears they didn't take any of their bigger name foreign players with Behich, Traore and Civelli the only 3 that featured.

Edited by mus-28

• 1 month later...

He didn't play too bad but it just seemed like he wasn't taking any risks; just made simple passes and stayed back which is probably why he had a pass succession rate of 98%!

It was as if his overlapping runs were ignored by their left winger so he couldn't really get into dangerous positions. However, in the first half, he did have a headed chance from a very good position but he couldn't get good contact so it went wide.

Rated Man of the Match by Sabah.

Had 68 encounters with the ball with a pass accuracy rate of 100% (38 out of 38), won 6 one on one encounters, and cleared the ball in 5 out of 6 crosses.

Good to know that unlike on the many occasions when he played for Heart: That Aziz Behich did not cost a team that nobody here gives a fuck about their game against another team... that nobody gives a fuck about. :up:

ATTN: cadete

Do you really want to go this early on this???

I mean you would hate to look like the guys that went early on JVS when he was resigned last season during his annual also ultimately unproductive winning streak ... or that guy that logged in for the first time after a two month absence earlier this year to celebrate Melbourne City keeping the Red and White as their Home Strip. :droy:

with a pass accuracy rate of 100% (38 out of 38)

How many of these passes were crosses out of curiosity? 

No but he probably went on three fruitless corner to corner flag runs to suggest that Ange should play as a Inverted Winger in the National Team. :up:

Taiwo being fucking hopeless might have something to do with it as well....

He will never be a solid Socceroo as ppl have often claimed on here...

This- as well as what Tesla said.

Clearly the guy was not suited to the role they wanted him for at Heart (I know! Imagine our club playing players in positions they are not suited for!) but I still don't think he will end up being a world class player. Under the right system he can improve into being a good player rather than being useless.