Melbourne Football

Josip Tadic Thread

jw1739

I think If we get a good offer that suits the club $$ wise and Eli, we will sell him in the winter of 2013 if not Jan 2014?

Interesting if he gets let off this off season tadic will most likely be given an offer?

Munn said in an interview they aggreed on an 18month deal, so hopefully he stays for the whole time and gets sold off at the end of next season

I think If we get a good offer that suits the club $$ wise and Eli, we will sell him in the winter of 2013 if not Jan 2014?

Interesting if he gets let off this off season tadic will most likely be given an offer?

Munn said in an interview they aggreed on an 18month deal, so hopefully he stays for the whole time and gets sold off at the end of next season

Wouldnt he become a free agent then?

You can't sell a player once their contract is finished... However, because he would be under 23 we would still get a likely six figure compensation fee due to FIFA rules.

More here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/50/02/49/status_transfer_en_25.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With Eli back, with Williams, Mate and GolGol, is Tadic really that good that we want to fill a visa place with him?

I'd be inclined to be putting the effort into keeping Garcia.

I agree with theresonlyonebzamora, for the club we are he is quality and I don't think we can afford to have another hole in our team

I think you should be focusing on your IB class m8

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If fit, he should start. Eli has been atrocious...

He has been but remember when he played with Josip in the derby they played really well together. I would give him and eli a start together. People tend to forget too quickly how quality he has been for us

at the time leading up to the derby we were wondering if they could play together and it turned out fine for that game. Yes, Eli was quality in season two and i wonder how good he could have been this year if he stayed with us rather than his trip to Red Star that seemed to both damage his confidence and his development. But since his return he's yet to come good and because of that, i think it's probably time to rest him and play either Gol Gol or Tadic if fit. Eli would have been first on the team sheet had he stayed, but not now. Not until he starts scoring goals like season 2. 

Edited by Jake

It gives you more scoring options when you can't play the 4-2-3-1 particularly well, mainly struggling to control the middle of the park and just lumping it forward to an isolated striker. Least if we play 4-4-2 we can lump it forward to 2 players instead of 1.

mus-28, 4-4-2 doesn't necessarily give you more scoring options, it's how you play the formation that's important. Arguably you could say that 4-3-3 gives you more

Funny how some dweebs on this forum said step aside Josip Tadic, Eli Babalj will be our star player. I wonder if those same dweebs are anxiously waiting for Josip to come back in place of Eli?

no not at all, i think people are getting off the Eli wagon far to early

The Babalj + Tadic combination looked like it was working in the Victory game before Tadic was hacked by the tards...so I can't see why the can't work together again.

Aloisi looked like he was trying out a 4-2-2-2, which is basically a 4-4-2 so maybe he'll try it again this week.

Funny how some dweebs on this forum said step aside Josip Tadic, Eli Babalj will be our star player. I wonder if those same dweebs are anxiously waiting for Josip to come back in place of Eli?

Haven't heard anyone use the word dweebs since i was 8.

I think the kids have replaced it with: Flog.

• Like 1

Speaking to a bloke the other day he used both "ace" and "grouse" within a couple of minutes. Music to my ears.

• 2 weeks later...