Melbourne Football

Brendan Hamill

natalie182

So true, but many ppl on this forum refuse to listen whenever someone makes this point...

Of course it's true, but some of us enjoy seeing the benefits of our young players developing. The best ones go onto bigger leagues which is great, and the ones that don't can become the core of our side for the next few years - players like Behich, Dugandzic, Marrone, and even Kalmar, Williams etc. I don't see that we'd be in a better position by holding on to some one like Beauchamp instead.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Hamill. Was with the team from the start and definitely deserves to go on to bigger and better things. Loved the goal against Adelaide(?). Would probably have been a subs player for the some of the season again depending on how Aloisi structures the defence, so I'm happy for him to go and show the world what he can do.

On a side note, even though we may be a feeder club for Asian and Europeon clubs, I feel a lot of pride that the boys we have trained will one day be socceroos and represent the country. I have no doubt that Babalj, Goods and Hamill will feature for Australia in the future and they will always be MHFC boys in my mind.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Hamill. Was with the team from the start and definitely deserves to go on to bigger and better things. Loved the goal against Adelaide(?). Would probably have been a subs player for the some of the season again depending on how Aloisi structures the defence, so I'm happy for him to go and show the world what he can do.

On a side note, even though we may be a feeder club for Asian and Europeon clubs, I feel a lot of pride that the boys we have trained will one day be socceroos and represent the country. I have no doubt that Babalj, Goods and Hamill will feature for Australia in the future and they will always be MHFC boys in my mind.

true. at the moment im happy if we keep developing young players, and then selling them for profit. allows us to buy our core. ie. Fred, Germano, Tadic..

@drcolossus1

let's also hope once they have finished their european/asian adventures, they one day come back to heart as established players and repay the club by guiding us to trophies

If there established players you'd rather hope they stay in Europe, better for our National Team, but i do see where your coming from just thought it was good to consider the above point aswell

Of course it's true, but some of us enjoy seeing the benefits of our young players developing. The best ones go onto bigger leagues which is great, and the ones that don't can become the core of our side for the next few years - players like Behich, Dugandzic, Marrone, and even Kalmar, Williams etc. I don't see that we'd be in a better position by holding on to some one like Beauchamp instead.

IMO its simple reality: If we had more games with not two teenagers paired together in central defence we would have won a home final.

I also dont see how are best players leaving is "great" for Heart?

How does this win us games and championships.

One of the great things about the A League is that teams can come off terrible seasons one year to play in a GF the next year.

Unlike those sides in the bottom half of the Top European Leagues we do not need to consolidate ourselves with the players we have groomed for others, IMO winning a championship is literally an achievable goal for every A League side.

Agree 100%

This is also the benefit of having a salary cap. Every team can recruit for the next season.

IMO its simple reality: If we had more games with not two teenagers paired together in central defence we would have won a home final.

I also dont see how are best players leaving is "great" for Heart?

How does this win us games and championships.

The first point is fair enough. But when Colosimo was available, the preferred pairing seemed to be him and Good. And when Madaschi was there, it seems to have been him and Hamill. And at the start of the year, we still had the Thompson experiment happening. Thompson didn't work out and Colosimo and Madaschi weren't available all the time. But out of 5 players who played as CB's last year, three were late 20's or older. It turned out that Colosimo had an interrupted season and Thompson wasn't as good as either of them. Anyway, I agree that young players need good experienced players around them.

On the other point, we have a different point of view, but that's ok. The tangible benefit is the profit we make which can go back into the football department. There may also be intangible benefits in the links we develop with clubs and the reputation we can develop as a club which nurtures talent. But as a fan, I'll also have an enormous sense of pride when Curtis Good lines up for his first senior EPL game or when Eli Babal scores his first Bundesliga goal or whatever he goes on to do.

On the other point, we have a different point of view, but that's ok. The tangible benefit is the profit we make which can go back into the football department. There may also be intangible benefits in the links we develop with clubs and the reputation we can develop as a club which nurtures talent. But as a fan, I'll also have an enormous sense of pride when Curtis Good lines up for his first senior EPL game or when Eli Babal scores his first Bundesliga goal or whatever he goes on to do.

So true.

When I watch overseas games that have an Aussie playing its nice to see how they go and all.

But when I start to see Heart players in big European games I will be so happy and excited. It'll kind of feel personal or something, like, we were there when they started.....

This will never happen for my AFL team and never happened for my NSL team. So I will appreciate it.

For me when the Heart shirt comes of a player I really cease to care anymore.

I don't really care about most of the players that have left the club over the past 2 season. But surely you're still fond of players like Eli? I'd love for him too do well. I'll also follow Good's career fairly closely.

Yes, I pretty much only care about the young players who go to overseas clubs. Dont care that much about the older/foreign players that leave, or players that go to other ALeague clubs.

Therefore, I care about Babalj, Good and Hamill.

Must admit, I'm also curious to see how Amini goes at Dortmund.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just found a description of how Hamill is going in the K-League:

In Korea's K-League on Saturday, Brendan Hamill opened his goalscoring account in his second appearance for new club Seongnam Ilhwa in their 3-2 home loss to FC Seoul.

Hamill, who debuted in midweek, started again on Saturday, levelling the scores at 1-1 on 57 minutes when he ghosted into the box to head home Javier Reina's cross.

The former Melbourne Heart defender was replaced on 77 minutes with Seongnam on their way to victory, before conceding two late goals to lose 3-2.

http://www.ggarmy.com/News/Latest-News/Socceroos-Central---Weekend-Review-%2818%29

So he's been a starter in both games Seongnam have played since his midweek debut. He's scored a goal in one of those two matches. And after he was substituted with 13 minutes to go Seongnam conceded twice turning a 2-1 lead into a 3-2 loss. Hamill could hardly of had a better beginning at his new club.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

we should sign him as an injury replacement for dugandzic

Or we could just play Vranks (Who is already on our list) at CB instead of SC...

this. we have four (five if you include thompson) centre backs, we don't need anymore. people would be saying vrankovic is as good as hamill if he gets the fucking game time that hammill did.

• 1 year later...