Melbourne Football

Golgol Mebrahtu

DutchPride

Finally a Heart squad with some real depth.

Yeah, its a welcome change.  Looking at the bench and seeing (for mine) last year's player of the year, Gerhardt, sitting there, shows me how far we've come.In regards to this.

Gol Gol could find himself sitting there too this week.  I'd think JA would at least give passing thought to moving Williams to the right wing for Mate (Willo is a true 2 footed player) and leave Ramsay on the left.  GG could then come on for Mifsud against tiring Perth defenders.  i suspect our coaching staff see GG as a bit of a "project" and won't feel the need to start him just for the sake of it.

I think the other thing is that the Dugandzic/Hoffman combination doesn't work nearly as well as the Behich/Ramsay one. If we're going to persist with Hoffman then the coaching staff need to work on the right-side combination. The same applies even if Walker comes back, because he no longer has his partner in Garcia. 

I think the other thing is that the Dugandzic/Hoffman combination doesn't work nearly as well as the Behich/Ramsay one. If we're going to persist with Hoffman then the coaching staff need to work on the right-side combination. The same applies even if Walker comes back, because he no longer has his partner in Garcia. 

I bet Walker would better combine with Mate than Hoffman!

I bet Walker would better combine with Mate than Hoffman!

Hoffman hasn't been bad in either game to be fair to him.

Solid, without being spectacular.

Dugandzic > Mebrahtu

As soon as Mebrahtu came off VS Perth Glory, Heart suddenly looked a lot more threatening. 

Mebrahtu should not be starting - doesn't put the effort in. 

Our 2nd hardest working player (after Behich) coming on for probably our second laziest (after Williams), made it so much clearer just how lazy Mebrahtu is.

• Like 1

Dugandzic > Mebrahtu

As soon as Mebrahtu came off VS Perth Glory, Heart suddenly looked a lot more threatening. 

Mebrahtu should not be starting - doesn't put the effort in. 

Our 2nd hardest working player (after Behich) coming on for probably our second laziest (after Williams), made it so much clearer just how lazy Mebrahtu is.

100% adamant it's laziness. 

The amount of times that he would have gotten possession if he'd run that little bit harder was poor, and had he ran a little harder to get on the end of that ball (was it Migliorini?) then he would have had a goal. Instead he was sloppy the entire time he was on, lost possession countless times, didn't chase the Perth defenders and offered nothing.

Bring him off the bench as an impact sub but far out, he was so disappointing today.

Agree he had a poor game. I think the term 'lazy' is often misplaced, but it fairly describes how Mebrahtu was for much of today. He hasn't played many full games throughout his career, so maybe it was too much for him to play a number of 90 minute games in a row, and switch between playing in different positions. A fair bit has been demanded of Mebrahtu, and he hasn't risen to all that's been demanded of him.

Dugandzic definitely deserves his go at RW now. Hope Duga goes well, and I reckon the competition will do Golgol some good as well.

I'm telling you guys golgol is not lazy, he is mentally slow. He doesn't have the footballing brain to read the play, know when to press a player or sense opportunities to run at players to pressure them. You see it all around the world, some players are great athletes and that's it, they mentally don't understand the game very well. They're good in situations that require no thinking.

Edited by n i k o

I'm telling you guys golgol is not lazy, he is mentally slow. He doesn't have the footballing brain to read the play, know when to press a player or sense opportunities to run at players to pressure them. You see it all around the world, some players are great athletes and that's it, they mentally don't understand the game very well. They're good in situations that require no thinking.

I agree with what you say, but I still think he is lazy aswell.

• Like 2

Golgol is Aloisi's signing, and if anyone is going to change his style of play it's the coach who signed him. We can't just keep blaming individual players. They're doing their best to play as the coach wants them, and if they're not then the coach needs to exercise some discipline.

Golgol actually has a pretty good strike rate in terms of goals/game for Heart. He's possibly our best dead-ball man as well, so if he's taking short corners, or someone else takes free-kicks, then presumably that's the coach's decision. If he's trying to dribble three players when there's a short 1-2 pass on, then it's up to the coach to take action.

Everything comes back to JA here.

Golgol best game so far this season, besides not getting back to support walker a few times didn't really put a foot wrong and was our most creative player going forward last night.

Lol I don't know what game you were watching, he was horrible. Everything he did was wrong. He isn't even good enough to be playing in state league 1.

The only reason that Mehbratu was good for a little while last season is because he was The Football God Tadic's only mate and so The Football God Tadic decided that Mehbratu will score some goals. The Football God Tadic put them on a plate for him and Mehbratu couldn't really fuck it up.

Now that The Football God Tadic has left, we see Mehbratu's true ability, or lack of.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So apparently, this is from soccer stoppage time btw, Gol Gol has been dropped because he refused to sign a new contract with the club.

make of that what you will

If true seems pretty shocking IMO, seemed like he was happy here, he'll probably go to brisbane or CCM and end up going overseas.

So apparently, this is from soccer stoppage time btw, Gol Gol has been dropped because he refused to sign a new contract with the club.

If true seems pretty shocking IMO, seemed like he was happy here, he'll probably go to brisbane or CCM and end up going overseas.

The shocking part being that he was offered a new contract...

• Like 2

Gol gols got talent mate, JA was too nice and let gol gol become lazy. You wouldn't be able to get away with that bullshit in a Tony Popvicic or Mike mulvey coached team.

A number of the players appear fed up with the club. If we as supporters are annoyed with the way the club is operating, imagine being in the middle of it every working day.

I hope the re-appointment of JVS coupled with announcements stating the future direction of the club will help lift all involved with MHFC.

Gol gols got talent mate, JA was too nice and let gol gol become lazy. You wouldn't be able to get away with that bullshit in a Tony Popvicic or Mike mulvey coached team.

tbh, if these professional players need motivation to play then we are in real trouble, and they're exactly the people i dont want in our club.

So do these guys..all street entertainers can play football...sign em up :P

jugglers.JPG

• Like 1

tbh, if these professional players need motivation to play then we are in real trouble, and they're exactly the people i dont want in our club.

I agree with you mate, you shouldn't need the motivation but to me is just seemed like gol gol has been a victim of JA's coaching.

We've seen flashes of his potential, and i believe he might of gotten complacent, due to the fact JA was picking him to play every week, regardless of form. If we had a better coach he would've put gol gol into the youth team a lot earlier in the season, than bought him back up, were he would've been banging in goals for us. JA never challenged gol gol, and especially with younger players you need to keep them on there toe's otherwise they get complacent. 

I've got time for gol gol because yes, you can say he is lazy, but he has so much more talent compared to a David Williams, it's just about nurturing it in the right way.

• Like 1

I agree with you mate, you shouldn't need the motivation but to me is just seemed like gol gol has been a victim of JA's coaching.

We've seen flashes of his potential, and i believe he might of gotten complacent, due to the fact JA was picking him to play every week, regardless of form. If we had a better coach he would've put gol gol into the youth team a lot earlier in the season, than bought him back up, were he would've been banging in goals for us. JA never challenged gol gol, and especially with younger players you need to keep them on there toe's otherwise they get complacent. 

I've got time for gol gol because yes, you can say he is lazy, but he has so much more talent compared to a David Williams, it's just about nurturing it in the right way.

agreed. 

I also think JA went wrong by not playing Gol-Gol upfront when he showed more there than what he did compared to on the wings, and unfortunately i dont think JA realised this.

his talent is undeniable, and if he started playing with a bit more endeavor the results will come... and i'd much rather see Gol-Gol on the team sheet than Williams and Ramsey. 

• Like 1

TBH, given that we're bottom of the league, 19 matches without a win, and however long it is since we won outside Victoria, I'm more than happy that anyone who wants to leave does just that and does it asap.

The only way we're going at the moment is deeper into a crisis.

Isn't it the role of a coach to coach? How is it that we have a full squad of A-League players who are rated by most on here as useless, yet supporters of other clubs rate highly?

I see a squad completely sick of the happenings of the past two seasons, and who can blame them? JVS has said that the current squad is better than the one he left behind and at the start of the season all the talk on here was challenging for the title.

The club is in a mess and everyone I speak to has had enough.

The constant booing by supporters and the abuse handed out to players during JA's last few home games in charge might have some of the players questioning why bother playing for our club. Yes they are professional football players and they know their options.

As I have said before, I would like to see our squad (which I rate) happy and playing with confidence. Then we can assess who is what. 

Hopefully JVS can make it happen.