Melbourne Football

David Williams

sharpy

One of these maligned blokes will no doubt step up this year, just as there's every possibility of one of the better performers stagnating or going backwards.

New coach, new ideas and a new methodology will undoubtedly benefit someone. He looked a shadow of his NQF days last season, the only way is up really.

• Like 2

He has my support the whole time.

I recall having a healthy discussion with a few others here that Williams is far more important that shroj (or however you spell his name).

Seemed only a few agreed. Where is Wayne now? Remember strikers are worth more than defenders. Jimmy's post explained why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqbaw7NqmPw

Get him fit, play him as striker and we'll be okay. I back him to come good.

This video makes me sad NQF are gone.. Everyone's second team! They even pulled fans! But it also excites and reminds me that Williams is only in a form slump and is still a great footballer! Heads up chaps, if he hits form, he could be one of the best forwards in the league!

If he's playing as a striker I expect more than that. 10+ would be a minimum expectation. Where would you see him getting 5-6?

10 plus is a little high. At best his a number 2 striker. He doesn't play the lone striker well. I would expect he assist just as many as he score. But I think 5-6 is too low. 8 would be a fair number.

10 plus is a little high. At best his a number 2 striker. He doesn't play the lone striker well. I would expect he assist just as many as he score. But I think 5-6 is too low. 8 would be a fair number.

But as a second striker, we're really talking a change in formation. It will be interesting to see how JA sets the team up, but on past years willow's options are sole striker or a winger. And the latter hasn't bode well so far.

• Like 1

I say 5-6 because I'm assuming that Williams won't always be a starting 11 player, and may not even make the team depending on his form.

Dugandzic had a good season, despite missing a few matches for olyroos, and scored 7(?). Providing he continues his good form and plays a full season, he should be getting 9 goals in 12/13.

The club is about to sign a high quality visa striker, who by the sounds of things will be the highest paid player in the squad. This striker will start every game when fit, not to mention the other Australian striker that is being signed, which makes it extremely hard for him to start as the striker.

I can really only see him breaking into the starting 11 as a left winger as no one has really 'cemented' that position. He'd still have to be on top of his game though as he'll be fighting for that spot with quite a few good players.

Edited by heart_fan10

Can we get rid of the "sack" and keep this going as the "David Williams thread"?

Agree. He's a heart player and should have our support.

Are we serious here guys? 1 montage of this guy from 2 seasons ago and we all jump back on the bandwagon? This guy was complete shit last season.

Regrardless of where he played on the pitch he showed no passion and provided nothing except cheap turnovers. I hope for all our sakes he does come good,

but in saying that, he has showed NOTHING in his melbourne heart career that even warrants him starting in the the starting 11.

Are we serious here guys?

Don't disagree with what you've said about what DW showed in his first season with us. He was poor and needs to improve significantly this year. But, I'm just not a fan of the 'sack' threads.

Don't disagree with what you've said about what DW showed in his first season with us. He was poor and needs to improve significantly this year.

His latter part of the season was fairly promising. Particularly when he filled in at home as the lone striker after an injury to babalj. Though I must admit his early performances were poor.

What would have been if in that first match against the jets, he actually scored? Mind you he was also fouled in the box which was waved away. From then on it was down hill.

His latter part of the season was fairly promising. Particularly when he filled in at home as the lone striker after an injury to babalj. Though I must admit his early performances were poor.

What would have been if in that first match against the jets, he actually scored? Mind you he was also fouled in the box which was waved away. From then on it was down hill.

He was pathetic as a lone striker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, the gut is almost gone, the hair is growing back, he ran all night, defended well from the front, looked dangerous, scored a goal...Perhaps a little one-on-one training during the week and I think we have ourselves a winner.

well done to williams. Thought he had a great first half, should've killed the game off in the second, but apart from that he did very well. Good to see him back

No doubt he should have killed that game but at 7-1 on the tab was a good bet for first goal if i do say so........

really could have come back and made a name for himself tonight, showed he is dangerous getting out in front of defenders with a good pass

Edited by Mentor