Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart: The name, the colours & the logo - Are you happy with it?

FB.

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the name Melbourne Heart?

• Yes
    • No

ok so i quickly sketched up a little logo prototype, i'm not a great drawer so bare with me.

in the logo i've got the club name Melburnians FC in a shield with the "red cross" of the melbourne coat of arms (with crown).

in the bottom two quadrants i have a heart (reference to the founding name) and an old school football (for traditional looking purposes).

the founding year is in a banner down the bottom.

the bat on top of the shield is in reference to the "bat" unofficial nickname.

I'm just throwing around ideas here, what do you guys think?

post-2742-0-53008000-1340638892_thumb.jp

TBH, I like the name, colours and kit, even if it's completely different to my other supported teams, but there is no chance in hell that I could support the other Melbourne team.

I would rather a more Bundesliga feel to the kit, but I am biased.

• 5 months later...

Dragging this back up because I've decided I want the logo changed. Love the club, name, kit and colors, just don't enjoy our logo.

profile11.jpg

Would love to see something like the one on the left as the logo but with "Melbourne Heart" instead of "Sporting Melbourne" and touches of charcoal instead of gold. Also have some kind of heart thing besides the bat, maybe even our current MH heart thing could go there.

Edited by Jimmy

Dragging this back up because I've decided I want the logo changed. Love the club, name, kit and colors, just don't enjoy our logo.

profile11.jpg

Would love to see something like the one on the left as the logo but with "Melbourne Heart" instead of "Sporting Melbourne" and touches of charcoal instead of gold. Also have some kind of heart thing besides the bat, maybe even our current MH heart thing could go there.

Time to move on...

That pic was from four years ago and the guy that designed it has since also posted it on the WSW Forums before they chose their logo, name and colours.

IMO it's the best name in the League. In that context I note that nearly all the Heart puns have disappeared from the media. Colours also the best in the league, although have to say I preferred the first season's shirts, and I don't see the need to tinker with kit design all the time. Would prefer black shorts for the away kit, as IMO white shorts make us look a bit 'soft.'

Logos can be massaged over time. Not important for the moment.

For me the most important thing to do is to take back our identity as THE club that finds, nurtures and develops young players and helps them pursue their football careers.When I joined as a Foundation Member I envisaged a team mainly under 22 or so, with most of the players having come up through our youth team, reinforced with perhaps a couple of more senior players, probably from overseas, who would be both on-field and off-field mentors and role models to the younger ones. Recognizing that we might not always be challenging for the Premiership, but that once in a while we would have a cracker of a team that would make all the lean years worthwhile. But always we would play with passion, enthusiasm and self-belief that we could always do better.

If you just wanted to watch A-League football you probably already were. If you wanted to support a club that was just a little bit more than that, then you probably got on board with Heart. And you're probably going to drift away if the club loses that fundamental core value. Which I believe is the number one reason why we are not drawing the crowds and memberships that we were aiming for.

• Like 1

I embrace and love everything about the club except our mediocre logo.

If u think about it how many other A League Clubs have a better logo?

And the style u are suggesting is similar style for every Wannabe Hool Group in the Country...

Being completely honest the logos I like better are West Sydney, Sydney, Wellington and Adelaide and the rest are about on par with us.

It doesn't have to be the Europeany shield style. Just not a transformers logo.

IMO it's the best name in the League. In that context I note that nearly all the Heart puns have disappeared from the media. Colours also the best in the league, although have to say I preferred the first season's shirts, and I don't see the need to tinker with kit design all the time. Would prefer black shorts for the away kit, as IMO white shorts make us look a bit 'soft.'

For me the most important thing to do is to take back our identity as THE club that finds, nurtures and develops young players and helps them pursue their football careers.When I joined as a Foundation Member I envisaged a team mainly under 22 or so, with most of the players having come up through our youth team, reinforced with perhaps a couple of more senior players, probably from overseas, who would be both on-field and off-field mentors and role models to the younger ones. Recognizing that we might not always be challenging for the Premiership, but that once in a while we would have a cracker of a team that would make all the lean years worthwhile. But always we would play with passion, enthusiasm and self-belief that we could always do better.

If you just wanted to watch A-League football you probably already were. If you wanted to support a club that was just a little bit more than that, then you probably got on board with Heart. And you're probably going to drift away if the club loses that fundamental core value. Which I believe is the number one reason why we are not drawing the crowds and memberships that we were aiming for.

Yes, if we want differentiation from the Tards, let them be the Real Madrid of HAL, buying star players and let us be the Barca emphasising playing style and and youth development. Is there better product differentiation than that?

Going with the transformer theme we should dump Ticker and get that transform dinosaur as our mascot !! Me GRIMLOCK !!

Then he can bitch whip people with his tail. BOOYEAH !!

Or we could recruit him as a player !!!

Gets red carded for eating mofos. faaaaaaark

*who's has two thumbs and has had to much sugar ??* THIS GUY -----> thedukeofhearts

Yes, if we want differentiation from the Tards, let them be the Real Madrid of HAL, buying star players and let us be the Barca emphasising playing style and and youth development. Is there better product differentiation than that?

:droy:

Why cant we just wait for our own unique rivalry to develop instead of borrowing something relatable to FIFA Nerds???

Edited by cadete

Close this thread. It's Melbourne Heart.

I'm proud for it to be.

Better name than others, colours perfect representation of our city and the logo is very Bundesliga like. Having lived in Germany this logo would fit right in.

The club will be built by us, the fans. We need more but we need to get better at making a statement.

I don't think we need a logo replacement. We need a leader replacement that holds the speaker in the Active Supporters group. We need a leader like the ones in Eastern Europe where he pin points the supporters who are not singing then slaps them around after the game for not doing so :)

the capo is the least of our problems. :droy: 'leaders' don't grow on trees. the man has stepped up immensely.

and fwiw i'm pretty sure the last time he 'pin pointed' people he was crucified on this same forum by idiots who think they know everything.

• Like 2

You volunteering to be the terrace muscle tony?

Personally what I think we need is less people writing on forums about what the club and terrace needs and more fans who just shut up and get things done if they think changes are needed.

The sad thing is there are lot of older and wiser faces doing the exact same thing as Tony here - And being applauded for their negative tone by other largely inactive and misinformed posters

This Terrace has always risen to its challenges and always will... so ppl can keep complaining on here if they want to but please dont jump back on the wagon guys when the inevitable occurs...

I don't think we need a logo replacement. We need a leader replacement that holds the speaker in the Active Supporters group. We need a leader like the ones in Eastern Europe where he pin points the supporters who are not singing then slaps them around after the game for not doing so :)

Getting rid of the speaker from the active bay would be a great start towards being different to the visitors.