Melbourne Football

Goodwin - The Pain That Keeps Hurting

Sash

Jets will play next season.

yeah i think they will too, but nothing is guaranteed and there is obviously still a lot of problems to sort out

If you were a player, would you rather be waiting around to sign for a club who is not 100% guaranteed to be in the league and has a lot of shit to sort out, or would you prefer to sign with a club who you know for sure will pay you your contract and will definitely be in the league next season?

Edited by heart_fan10

Like i said that was only rumored, i wasn't confident on that since the transfer window was shut but anything can happen once it opens again and since Jim Magilton has left Victory, Hernandez has re-considered. He is still on the cards though and also LR9 our coach will be settled tonight ;)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Jets-to-continue-under-FFAHSG-agreement/47144

Jets to continue under FFA/HSG agreement

Football Federation Australia (FFA) and Hunter Sports Group (HSG) have today reaffirmed their commitment to working together for the good of the Newcastle Jets, the Hyundai A-League and football in the Hunter Valley.

bugger. chances of keeping Goodwin may have just taken a dive

fuck fuck fuck he better not, why didn't we sign him when we had the chance ? instead of hacks like maycon

AFAIK we offered him a contract for the next two years, he was offered more by Newcastle, and took the higher offer. I get the feeling that he did not want to stay at Heart, for whatever reason.

We have to leave it to the club's judgement. We can't just keep throwing money at players because they look like signing with someone else.

AFAIK we offered him a contract for the next two years, he was offered more by Newcastle, and took the higher offer. I get the feeling that he did not want to stay at Heart, for whatever reason.

We have to leave it to the club's judgement. We can't just keep throwing money at players because they look like signing with someone else.

Craig's decision revolved around following Arthur Papas, plus the greater chance of first team football than here. I can imagine we'd have him on minimum wage, whereas they probably offered him a slightly higher wage.

Young footballers in this country are going to chase game time, and that's something they could probably offer him more than we could.

Craig's decision revolved around following Arthur Papas, plus the greater chance of first team football than here. I can imagine we'd have him on minimum wage, whereas they probably offered him a slightly higher wage.

Young footballers in this country are going to chase game time, and that's something they could probably offer him more than we could.

agree with all this

sad to see him go though, especially so soon after he debuted with us