Melbourne Football

Goodwin - The Pain That Keeps Hurting

Sash

Good news for him but not for us. :-(

But thats ok, @Markn thinks Goodwin is crap. :unsure: He seems to be developing well so far.

I for one, would welcome him back if it were the case. Hope he has a shit game when he plays us.

i have no respect for past players. especially those playing for an opposing ale age team.

why do you even waste time concerning yourself with a competitor.

So if goodwin is making a run on the wing against us, would you want him to succeed or fail? I hope one of our boys beak him every time.

You cannot have it both ways.

As if we didnt give this guy a few more thousand a year, would have made more than that once we sold him to Asia in a couple seasons.

he won't go to asia. i don't see anything in his game that suggests his going to have a great a-league career.

I doubt he will earn a starting spot in the jets side. didn't the jets recently sign a more experienced wingman?

i trust the club offered him what he was worth. if the jets want to throw money away thats up to them. given their actions over the last few months, i doubt tinklier is even interested in the jets.

A HATTRICK from Craig Goodwin, a brace from Adam Taggart and another from Mitch Oxborrow helped Newcastle Jets to a 6-0 win in tonight’s trial game against the NBN State League Select at Darling Street Oval.

Would love to see the highlights from this match, sounds like Craig had a great game.

Edited by tomby

how does this guy score 3 and he struggle to hit the target for us..............oh wait he didn't actually score 3

1st goal was shot for long distance. i doubt with a good keeper and defence would let a shot like that would have gone in.

2nd goal was an own goal. deflections don't count as your own goal.

3rd goal was probably from poor defending.

they were only up against a local nbn state select team. i can't imagine the local talent is any good.

The NBN State League is the premier competition in Northern NSW involving nine (9) clubs from within the Hunter Region.

This sounds like a provisional league team.

6-0 final score???? is that all???? thats sad.

Edited by markn

how does this guy score 3 and he struggle to hit the target for us..............oh wait he didn't actually score 3

1st goal was shot for long distance. i doubt with a good keeper and defence would let a shot like that would have gone in.

they were only up against a local nbn state select team. i can't imagine the local talent is any good.

I try hard to keep this forum active by posting and encouraging others to post, you need to understand this first point so you can properly understand just how significant what I am about to say is. Its time to stop posting.

Honestly, I'd rather have stephaniexo return and make 100 posts about her struggles as a female in a male-dominated society than read another of your posts.

• Like 6

The NBN State League is the premier competition in Northern NSW involving nine (9) clubs from within the Hunter Region.

This sounds like a provisional league team.

6-0 final score???? is that all???? thats sad.

Mate your clearly just talking dribble to try cover yourself. Goodwin did score 3 goals btw, and 6-0 is not a sad scoreline considering it was a mere friendly, pull ya head in.

I try hard to keep this forum active by posting and encouraging others to post, you need to understand this first point so you can properly understand just how significant what I am about to say is. Its time to stop posting.

Honestly, I'd rather have stephaniexo return and make 100 posts about her struggles as a female in a male-dominated society than read another of your posts.

I don't understand.

Call it as you see it. What are you issues?

Did you see any of The game Makrn?

Or are you just guessing as to what you think should have happened?

I'm not sure what you mean about own goals etc. how isn't that his goal? He kicked it. It was going into the goal?

Did you see any of The game Makrn?

Or are you just guessing as to what you think should have happened?

I'm not sure what you mean about own goals etc. how isn't that his goal? He kicked it. It was going into the goal?

I read the twitter feed from the jets. It clearly states his shot took a deflection into the goals. A deflection means the ball moved from its intended direction towards something else. In this case towards the goal.

Too many Goodwin lovers on this topic for me. I almost could have sworn it was full of jets supporters.

I agree Goodwin looked a decent prospect but look at our record most young players we have picked and up actually given time of day to have improved substantially. Sure a couple didn't work out due to injury and attitude but I can't see any reason we can't bring another youngster through. You can't sign and keep every player on improved deals, particularly on our current finances.

As for the guys in here supporting Goodwin I agree best of luck to the bloke (cept against us). Just seems like long off season making a few people mad.

Can't believe we never played him on the park at the same time as Behich, considering our poor form late in the season. Would've been interesting to see how they both went attacking down the left with the ability to swap positions. Wish him all the best this season, just hope he suffers from gastro when we're due to face the Jets.

• 5 weeks later...

I read the twitter feed from the jets. It clearly states his shot took a deflection into the goals. A deflection means the ball moved from its intended direction towards something else. In this case towards the goal.

so what you're saying is that he tried to shoot the ball towards the goal, but it took a deflection which resulted in the ball being moved towards the goal? .... originally what he tried to do? if his shot was originally on target, its his goal.

• 3 weeks later...

Causing havoc in the friendly v Sydney FC. He's had a huge pre-season, scored a bag of goals, possibly the jets to scorer and thier standout thus far.

Could prove to be a horrible decision on MHFCs behalf.

That's my thought on Goodwin leaving.

On the other hand he has no real connection to Melbourne and has better prospects in Newcastle for first team football and the beaches are better.

We had no spots vacant in the seniors squad when he got his break into the A-League team - if we'd been able to offer him a contract there and then he might well have taken it. The Papas transfer to Newcastle probably didn't help us either.

Once Newcastle made him an offer we weren't prepared to bargain. We've made it pretty clear we won't go into a bidding war with other clubs, and we appear to be prepared to hold to that principle.

Delicate balancing act - senior squad size, how long you contract players for (to avoid having deadwood on the books), and who might suddenly appear from the NYL or elsewhere.

We're not going to get it right all the time.

• Like 1