Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Nah, sure there's plenty of Germanos around town they could find. Remember Australa is attractive to South Amercans.... + regular salary without any qualifications. Find developing players and on sell, but need a creative midfielder and striker which will cost. The rest can be bought on the cheap. Rear last years succes and go to a second finals game and I'd be a happy man.

Did u not read the post?

We only have 3 visa spots for 3 of these Germano's u speak of - There are 10 other spots to be filled at least by Aussie's thats is why I am suggesting him as a capable squad filler.

• Like 2

I was tweeting Richie Cardozo a few weeks ago - he seemed very happy in Austria but his club was not doing too well, obviously.

He was being played almost as a central midfielder to some effect, although his favored position is definitely Striker. If it's true he is back in Aus - it would be criminal for the club not to give him a trial. He could certainly do a job for us coming off the bench next season, and can offer us good depth to Fred and the striker we sign, for a relatively (assumed) low price.

@ the Greek defender - if Vicmongs can't dish out the cash to him, what chance have we got? (if this is the case). But who knows, stranger things have happened and wouldn't be the first time Victory has let a star slip through their fingers to the benefit of us.

I really want the club to hurry up and start making signings and announcing pre season friendlies. Also looking forward to the 2012/2013 fixture being released so I can start booking away days.

I was tweeting Richie Cardozo a few weeks ago - he seemed very happy in Austria but his club was not doing too well, obviously.

He was being played almost as a central midfielder to some effect, although his favored position is definitely Striker. If it's true he is back in Aus - it would be criminal for the club not to give him a trial. He could certainly do a job for us coming off the bench next season, and can offer us good depth to Fred and the striker we sign, for a relatively (assumed) low price.

@ the Greek defender - if Vicmongs can't dish out the cash to him, what chance have we got? (if this is the case). But who knows, stranger things have happened and wouldn't be the first time Victory has let a star slip through their fingers to the benefit of us.

I really want the club to hurry up and start making signings and announcing pre season friendlies. Also looking forward to the 2012/2013 fixture being released so I can start booking away days.

We should have offered him the 1 Year Base Salary contract for a forward last year that we gave to Maycon - I really hope the club doesn't make the same mistake again.

I honestly feel like the club chose Maycon because he was like the "Mystery Box Choice" compared to an Aussie player who like Richie who they would have seen play several times before in the flesh.

We should have offered him the 1 Year Base Salary contract for a forward last year that we gave to Maycon - I really hope the club doesn't make the same mistake again.

I honestly feel like the club chose Maycon because he was like the "Mystery Box Choice" compared to an Aussie player who like Richie who they would have seen play several times before in the flesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuK18CZOG4

• Like 2

What do you either of you know of him that you haven't read on his wiki page? How many times have you seen him play, and please explain how he would be a perfect fit instead of just saying it.

I'd wait to the reasons as to why he didn't sign on with Victory become apparent before calling for him to be signed - I haven't been following the situation but isn't the guy a Greek international?

Have you guys realised the players we have had trial and seriously looked at are like 30yo state league level players or completely unknowns, because we can get them on like 50k, and you expect us to go sign a Greek International who probably wants 500k+?

I believe we will sign one reasonably expensive player (probably Hernandez) and then fill up the squad wit cheaper players.

• Like 1

Any money we have will be spent of the 3 International spots: JA basically as such when he was announced as Manager.

Considering we have one of the best crops of proven A League Young Aussie Talent (Mate, Behich, Marrone, Good, Hamill) and the Economic troubles elsewhere in the world IMO this is obviously the best plan of attack.

People need to get over Newy signing some solid A League squad players, we are hardly going to sign squad fillers before we sign the players we want to be the cornerstones of our starting 11.

MH has found solid squad players from the State Leagues before such as Kamal and Zara in our first season and as a watcher of VPL I have no doubt that he club can do it again.

Edited by cadete

What's the set-up of that Indian Premier League now? Last I read it was six teams playing each other twice over a period of seven weeks? When does it start and finish?

Indian Premier League = 20/20 Cricket

I-League = Football

There are 14 teams in the I-League. During the course of a season (from October to May) each club plays the others twice, once at their home stadium and once at that of their opponents, for a total of 26 games

Did u not read the post?

We only have 3 visa spots for 3 of these Germano's u speak of - There are 10 other spots to be filled at least by Aussie's thats is why I am suggesting him as a capable squad filler.

Nope, hard to keep up as I'm out of town

this long waiting game for player signings is quite taxing....

a wise man once said,

"The unwise man is awake all night,

and ponders everything over;

when morning comes he is weary in mind,

and all is a burden as ever."

Lolwut?

a wise man once said,

"The unwise man is awake all night,

and ponders everything over;

when morning comes he is weary in mind,

and all is a burden as ever."

a wise man also said:

hurry the fuck up and sign someone

he is a wiser man :P

Fuck off, I never said any of those things.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

This. And we sold our best prospect to a club that has even less money and won't be able to pay for him.

Have some faith. One things for sure, chairman Pete Sidwell is no clown. He's an astute businessman and long term success starts in the office. Look at the Pies (maguire)

The club is looking at signing 21-year-old Scouse 'Kepper Chris Oldfield, as the NYL no. 1.

He's been the no. 1 at Hume City this season, conceding just 10 from 10, 2nd fewest in the VPL.

The kid came through the LFC academy and was the number 1 in his time all the way through to the u18s before he left.

I've watched him at Hume and on LFC TV a few times and he is really talented, great reflexes and long kick.

• Like 1

Released by Liverpool at the end of 2009/10 season. Then Darlington - released. Short term contract at Rochdale for beginning of 2010/11 season, then joined Bangor City January 2011. Then trialled at Aberdeen, going on their pre-season tour of The Netherlands in July 2011. Don't know what happened then, as he was pretty keen to join the Scottish club. If we sign him perhaps we can give him some stability.

Edit: Must have not quite made it at Aberdeen - joined Warrington Town in the Northern Premier League.

Edited by jw1739

He played for Bangor City in the Welsh Premier League last season and won the league, and reached the Final and Semi's in the cup comps. He was the No. 2 and had a handful of starts.

He has been in really good form at Hume, he's a decent prospect.

christmas is coming and we still haven't heard who we're targeting

...beginning to wonder whether we're really targeting anyone at all...perhaps JD believes in the Cargo Cult and that six more Germanos are going to drop suddenly from the sky onto the Latrobe playing fields...

• Like 1