Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Seriously every1 saying no to Hernandez is crazy! Yeah we have bagged the crap out of him but when he scores a goal from outside the box or from a free kick every1 will be in love with him.

Has any player from heart ever scored from a free kick or outside the box? Lol

Ivan Klasnic anyone? He's a free agent after being released by relegated Bolton yesterday.

Used to smash goals in for Werder Bremen alongside Charisteas. Get them back together!

Edited by Cammo

Seriously every1 saying no to Hernandez is crazy! Yeah we have bagged the crap out of him but when he scores a goal from outside the box or from a free kick every1 will be in love with him.

Has any player from heart ever scored from a free kick or outside the box? Lol

It not that he's a bad player, in fact he's a very good player of course, he'd be a real luxury player for us with significant compromises to ur playing style and tactics to accomodate him. We certainly need a player who can score from outside the box and from set pieces, but also someone who can defend with the team. Besides, we don't have a KFC sponsorship, does that come with him?

Edited by belaguttman

Besides, we don't have a KFC sponsorship, does that come with him?

Carlos

Carlos Hernandez

ate all the wings for me

La-la- la-la-la la-la la-la-la

Agree with the above post. Plus dont want him on principle. Show some dignity and find our own stars.

Edited by KSK_47

Any truth to the rumour that Babalj is being courted by Red Star Belgrade?

Maybe it's just chatter on a fan forum - a bit like what goes on here. But on another thread here someone's saying Red Star have made an offer - '500,000' (I take it that's A$), but I find it hard to believe that an offer would come before a trial.

Personally hope that it's not true, and, if it is true, that Heart plays hard ball on the transfer. Otherwise we're going to end up with none of our younger players and just a few dollars in the bank. But that won't build our club, win the A-League, or draw more fans.

Maybe it's just chatter on a fan forum - a bit like what goes on here. But on another thread here someone's saying Red Star have made an offer - '500,000' (I take it that's A$), but I find it hard to believe that an offer would come before a trial.

Personally hope that it's not true, and, if it is true, that Heart plays hard ball on the transfer. Otherwise we're going to end up with none of our younger players and just a few dollars in the bank. But that won't build our club, win the A-League, or draw more fans.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/heart-ponders-offer-from-red-star-for-babalj-20120518-1yw3o.html

Bozza says Owen could come to Aus. Would be a good replacement for Babalj for a year or so why'll we develop a youngster. Not to mention the crowds and membership jump up.

Well if Bozza said that it must be legit.

We also have to look after the best interest of the player. We cannot hold a player back from a better future or realising their dreams.

If Babalj wants to go, well we have to enter into negotiations for the best possible outcome.

Unfortunately we are the A League and a stepping stone for launching careers. Yet the club is bigger than any individual and whilst I will miss him, we can find a suitable replacement.

Babalj scored 9 goals only playing 2/3 of the season, I belive next year he can score 15+, we need players who can do this! Fuck the 500k we are here to win titles not make money!

this so much.

not only did he play just 2/3 of the season, he probably started only 1/3 of the games so next season imagine how many he could score when he's starting every match.

Babalj scored 9 goals only playing 2/3 of the season, I belive next year he can score 15+, we need players who can do this! Fuck the 500k we are here to win titles not make money!

I'd love to have Babalj next season.

But.

He comes off contract and he'll most likely leave and we'll get nothing. I'm starting to think that we should probably take the $500,000 and use it to help get maybe a marquee striker who is near the prime of his career and can stay for a few years. $500,000 for a still developing 20 year old who won't be around more than 12 months is hard to turn down. He's a prodigious talent, but still has some way to go before dominating the competition.

But only if the money is used on potential marquees to improve the list.

And this is the situation where we should negotiate a sell-on percentage. After a year or two in Serbia, he'll be on the radar of Europe's big clubs and could attract a big transfer down the track.

I'm not going thru 80 pages for the quote but can recall reading something along the lines of......

'how the Olympiacos tour sells, will play a part in signing the forum love child Charisteas'

Ridiculous to factor that in the decision imo but just got off the blower to a mate who went and apparently around 15k in attendance.

Not sure what the board wanted to see at the game but to me, 15k is about what could be expected.

So having not exceeded expectations do they put a line thru him now?

Kidding themselves if they expected a huge crowd and in turn signing AC will suddenly bring in the masses.

I'm not going thru 80 pages for the quote but can recall reading something along the lines of......

'how the Olympiacos tour sells, will play a part in signing the forum love child Charisteas'

Ridiculous to factor that in the decision imo but just got off the blower to a mate who went and apparently around 15k in attendance.

Not sure what the board wanted to see at the game but to me, 15k is about what could be expected.

So having not exceeded expectations do they put a line thru him now?

Kidding themselves if they expected a huge crowd and in turn signing AC will suddenly bring in the masses.

Yes, there was a statement along those lines, but was it just forum chatter or a fair dinkum quote from Heart? I can't see that any conclusions could be drawn from a game that didn't involve Heart, was played two months after the season and and four months before the next season, and had no significance whatsoever - it wasn't even a farewell game for, say, Hernandez. IMO the Heart board would be foolish to draw any connection between last night's crowd and the impact that a true marquee player, for example Charisteas, might have on Heart attendances. And I cannot believe that they will.

BTW, Scott Munn tweeted that the promoter need 22,500 before he broke even, so with 16,000+ he was well out of pocket.

IMO, anyway, I don't believe that it's necessarily the marquee player per se who draws the crowds. The crowds come when you're winning lots of games at home, scoring plenty of goals in doing so, and it's the marquee who's making or scoring those goals.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

IMO, anyway, I don't believe that it's necessarily the marquee player per se who draws the crowds. The crowds come when you're winning lots of games at home, scoring plenty of goals in doing so, and it's the marquee who's making the or scoring those goals.

Exactly. I think there's too much made of the crowd impact of signing certain players. If you're losing, it doesn't matter. Look at how Victory's crowds ended up last season even with Kewell, Hernandez and Thompson. Robbie Fowler had no lasting impact also. We should be signing the best players we can to win games, and if there a big name as well, then great.

• Like 1

exactly right jw, if the team is winning games, playing good football, scoring lots of goals and your marquee player(s) is shining, that's when the crowds will come and that's when the club will make the headlines and the back page of the newspapers.

If the club can have 1 or 2 seasons like that, we'll see growth all across the board.

I was at the match last night and 95% of supporters were Olympiacos. I also had a lot of mates who are fanatics when it comes to the greek league and they didn't attend the match because they are Olympiacos haters. Bringing in Charisteas would be a massive boost because the whole Greek community will follow Heart. Only for the pure reason of him being a Greek

Matthew Spiranovic still getting very little oppurtunity in the J-League. Not a good sign that straight after a full game he didnt even make the match day squad.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/240489,os-aussies-bosnars-blockbuster.aspx

This must be worrying for him in the lead up to the WC (although he still made the squad).

JA go and get him ... future captain and the answer to the CB issues.

• Like 2

Matthew Spiranovic still getting very little oppurtunity in the J-League. Not a good sign that straight after a full game he didnt even make the match day squad.

http://au.fourfourtw...lockbuster.aspx

This must be worrying for him in the lead up to the WC (although he still made the squad).

JA go and get him ... future captain and the answer to the CB issues.

Spiranovic would be a brilliant signing

even Madaschi didn't make the matchday squad