• Melling
    • Fornaroli
    • Novillo
    • Retre
    • Fitzgerald
    • Zullo

1 hour ago, silva10 said:

FFS 2 votes for Caceres and 1 each for Paddy and Sorenson

Paddy's must have been for the trip and Sorenson for almost giving a goal away in a mix up with Paddy. No idea why Caceres got 2 votes!

I voted for Sorenson cos he actually kept a fuckin' clean sheet lol

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Did @ABC123 vote for Sorensen. Could be the quintessential donkey voter.

That was strider, he even said so a few posts above.

But thanks for bringing to my attention that this account has no posts, someone about to get in trouble if they're using a multi to vote as well...

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tesla said:

That was strider, he even said so a few posts above.

But thanks for bringing to my attention that this account has no posts, someone about to get in trouble if they're using a multi to vote as well...

Na cuz, an account with the name ABC123 is totez legit

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

And BTW How do you know who I voted for - I thought it was anonymous?

I don't think it was ever said that it would be anonymous, but it is to everyone else but me (maybe the mods can see as well). All the votes are meant to be hidden completely though (as in the total votes each player has) so no one can see who is winning, so it doesnt influence votes. However, I never got to changing it, and it doesn't seem to have hurt so I think we might leave it as is. In that case, it might be worth changing it so everyone can see who each member has voted for, so in cases like this where there is a pretty obvious MotM, those who are voting for other players can be called out (just as I have done) to explain themselves if someone thinks they're trolling or whatever.

4 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I voted Kisnorbo right? He got into good positions, made a few good blocks and looked like a solid wall that game for me. Plus that tackle. Everyone else just did their jobs perfectly. Hard to choose.

Well it is interesting to hear why people voted for these players. I do see the argument for Kisnorbo, if he didn't make that tackle, the game could have been completely different.

But personally I can't imagine voting against a hat trick scorer in a 3-0 win, maybe if all 3 goals were set up by the same guy and he did more for each of the goals than the scorer.

Edited by Tesla

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

But personally I don't know how you can vote against a hat trick scorer in a 3-0 win.

I don't know, as a defender myself I like to acknowledge other players' roles in a good win. Cause a striker will do their job regardless, and that type of shit starts from the back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I don't think it was ever said that it would be anonymous, but it is to everyone else but me (maybe the mods can see as well). All the votes are meant to be hidden completely though (as in the total votes each player has) so no one can see who is winning, so it doesnt influence votes. However, I never got to changing it, and it doesn't seem to have hurt so I think we might leave it as is. In that case, it might be worth changing it so everyone can see who each member has voted for, so in cases like this where there is a pretty obvious MotM, those who are voting for other players can be called out (just as I have done) to explain themselves if someone thinks they're trolling or whatever.

Would it be possible to make say maybe a 20+ post minimum before someone can vote in just these threads? It would stop people just creating account to troll the poll maybe?

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Would it be possible to make say maybe a 20+ post minimum before someone can vote in just these threads? It would stop people just creating account to troll the poll maybe?

That's not a bad idea, I'll have a look.

17 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Well it is interesting to hear why people voted for these players. I do see the argument for Kisnorbo, if he didn't make that tackle, the game could have been completely different.

But personally I can't imagine voting against a hat trick scorer in a 3-0 win, maybe if all 3 goals were set up by the same guy and he did more for each of the goals than the scorer.

Fact is every goal was setup by the same guy. Each goal he scored came from him first providing a secondary assist which then led to his goals. I think it was Bruno-Mooy-Bruno, Bruno-Harry-Bruno & Bruno-Zullo-Bruno. He worked ridiculously hard won the ball and scored off the back of his hard work. No explanation can justify voting anyone else, but that's just my opinion like its the opinion of others to vote for someone else. .  

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Fact is every goal was setup by the same guy. Each goal he scored came from him first providing a secondary assist which then led to his goals. I think it was Bruno-Mooy-Bruno, Bruno-Harry-Bruno & Bruno-Zullo-Bruno. He worked ridiculously hard won the ball and scored off the back of his hard work. No explanation can justify voting anyone else, but that's just my opinion like its the opinion of others to vote for someone else. .  

FWIW I voted Fornaroli, but I get why people sometimes vote against the obvious choice.

Sometimes you weigh actions differently (ie scoring either of the first two goals in a 6 or 7 goal win is worth way more than scoring a hattrick via the last three scored / making a game winning tackle), while other times a person does a job that resonates on a very personal level (ie you might personally play a similar position).  Sometimes a player has stepped up over a few weeks and the vote represents a statement that is a bit of a token for the effort put in.

The fact we kept our second clean sheet of the season as a very ironic component of this debate. Almost any other game, someone in the backline would have been called out for upping the defensive effectiveness.

14 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

If do-able, a 3,2,1 vote would be good. Seems people are voting to create that outcome thinking others will vote best player... that being said, sometimes it's hard to give one player the vote 

Yes please

3 votes Judd 

On 07/03/2016 at 1:05 AM, Torn Asunder said:

If do-able, a 3,2,1 vote would be good. Seems people are voting to create that outcome thinking others will vote best player... that being said, sometimes it's hard to give one player the vote 

My problems with that are that it is harder to tally up and I cant be bothered doing it, as well as I think it will discourage people from voting due to it being harder to come up with a top 3.

• Like 1

• hedaik locked this topic