Melbourne Football

A must win: City v Wanderers 9th January

n i k o

3 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Lol he has saved us a lot more points than cost us!

Yeah this shits me too, yes made a mistake and cost us a goal. Saved two great bridge chances, certain goals (only two I can think of at top of my head)  yet there is no mention of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Yeah this shits me too, yes made a mistake and cost us a goal. Saved two great bridge chances, certain goals (only two I can think of at top of my head)  yet there is no mention of that. 

Unfortunately there are a few Tando lovers on this forum. Whilst I like him, I do think Sorenson is an improvement.

Yes Sorenson has made a couple of errors the last two games, but he has made a lot more important saves which has a result we have taken 4 points against Sydney & WSW. 

Would have been MOTM if Novillo hadn't scored that winner.

5 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Lol he has saved us a lot more points than cost us!

Yes but he screws up when we least can afford it!

I still don't like how we lose confidence in the second half and let them get back into the game. We seemed to have a completely different mindset no doubt due to the coaches words of wisdom in the dressing room.

Oh well. At least we scored another 5 goalsthis game! WSW didn't score any!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silva10 said:

Unfortunately there are a few Tando lovers on this forum. Whilst I like him, I do think Sorenson is an improvement.

Yes Sorenson has made a couple of errors the last two games, but he has made a lot more important saves which has a result we have taken 4 points against Sydney & WSW. 

Would have been MOTM if Novillo hadn't scored that winner.

DOn't get me started on Sorrensons distribution . woeful 

Why do keepers get such admiration for doing what they are supposed to do?

Lots of people do their job properly and don't get the same worshipping.

And I agree. Sorrenson's distribution is very poor and he never looks comfortable during back passes. He turns over possession too many times by kicking it long rather than distributing to the backs!!

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

He does this every game. 1 shocking mistake, balanced/overshadowed by several brilliant saves. I'm not sure he's abetter keeper than Tando, but he provides more leadership and that is worth having.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray said:

Why do keepers get such admiration for doing what they are supposed to do?

Lots of people do their job properly and don't get the same worshipping.

And I agree. Sorrenson's distribution is very poor and he never looks comfortable during back passes. He turns over possession too many times by kicking it long rather than distributing to the backs!!

Because not too many keepers can pull of some of the saves he can.

Yes he is doing his job, but when there is a wave after wave of attack coming towards you, then that is when you earn your corn as a keeper. His distribution is no worse than any other keeper in the A League. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray said:

How many points has Sorenson cost us so far!!! And no his few exceptional saves do not make up for it.

Bring Tando back.

Lol tando, yeah our keeper is our main problem, how about our back four has as many holes as Swiss cheese. Sorenson is fine big error tonight but hey redmayne gave us errors week in week out so I'll deal with one bad error.

Stop riding tandos dick, wouldn't make half the saves sorrenson has. Plus we had a better back four last season. This season we get sliced open and sorrenson deals with most attempts on goals. Doesn't help when your team is scoring for the opposition also.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

He does this every game. 1 shocking mistake, balanced/overshadowed by several brilliant saves. I'm not sure he's abetter keeper than Tando, but he provides more leadership and that is worth having.

So show us these 'every game' examples? 

Hands down he is a better keeper than Tando. With all 2nd keepers this myth develops.Its happened twice in this club with Tando and Redmayne (go look at the earlier pages of the Andrew Redmayne thread). I love tando as much as the next supporter, but when others wilfully ignore all the great saves (and not to mention clearances when he comes out of the box) and the other work Sorenson does, for example winning us the derby, and focus on one or two mistakes,  suddenly Tando becomes a messiah. Its delusional. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, drewmelbcity said:

Lol tando, yeah our keeper is our main problem, how about our back four has as many holes as Swiss cheese. Sorenson is fine big error tonight but hey redmayne gave us errors week in week out so I'll deal with one bad error.

Stop riding tandos dick, wouldn't make half the saves sorrenson has. Plus we had a better back four last season. This season we get sliced open and sorrenson deals with most attempts on goals. Doesn't help when your team is scoring for the opposition also.

Sorrensons error turned the game. If he hadn't let it I we would have gone on to make 5!!

There's no denying he makes great saves but he cannot be absolved from the mistakes he makes. 

He's like a doctor who kills a couple of patients but is given the Nobel Prize for medicine because he saves others that would have died if he had not have intervened!

1 minute ago, Ray said:

Sorrensons error turned the game. If he hadn't let it I we would have gone on to make 5!!

There's no denying he makes great saves but he cannot be absolved from the mistakes he makes. 

He's like a doctor who kills a couple of patients but is given the Nobel Prize for medicine because he saves others that would have died if he had not have intervened!

Fuck me :droy: now Sorenson is stopping us scoring goals as well? 

• Like 2

Just finished watching as I couldn't make it tonight

Holy Fucking shit, how did we win that

If we can sort out our defence for the first time I'm saying we can win this thing 

Thank god the referee brought that back, no way it's a goal. You can't call out the cb to have a chat with him and not let him get back into postion before free is taken 

We cannot maintain that intensity beyond 30 minutes.  So why does the Crazy Dutchman persist with it?  If this was an afternoon game we would have stopped to a walk by 60 minutes.  

We are lucky we have the best striker in the league, the best AM and the best winger.  The defense is as always in a JVS defense, porous.

Oh I thought Trifiro was very good when the game was in the balance-nice touch on the ball.

• Like 2