Melbourne Football

The Official Swan Street RBB and Poznan Appreciation Society Thread

tomby

Hey guys, it's tomby here.

I'm just wondering what's happened to the main guys in Melburnians terrace who have moved down into the new North Terrace?

Has something happened between the two? The new North Terrace has worked really well so far, hope you guys can keep on improving.

Tonight they had 7 Police and 3 security guys hassling them for most of the match to sit down. pathetically unnecessary from the Police

• Like 1

From what I could see they really didn't do anything wrong, Police & security numbers seemed extremely excessive, probably becuase they had no idea what the fuck was going on.

Kids loved it, had a few families in the area chanting occasionally too, good to see some atmosphere down here.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

I think some people are confused because there appears to be 2 splinter groups, 1 at the same end as Melbournians and another in the corner on the other side of the park.

At least that's what it looked like to me.

Edited by Tesla

Got to say at least it added some noise to the north end of the stadium.

The police and security attention did seem far too excessive, but it's up to these guys to chat to the club and work out a strategy if they want to continue such a group there.

It just seems too hard for our active support group (Yarraside and now Melburnians) to maintain a unified agenda and strategy. It just seems to fracture too easily.

The police and security attention did seem far too excessive, but it's up to these guys to chat to the club and work out a strategy if they want to continue such a group there.

It just seems too hard for our active support group (Yarraside and now Melburnians) to maintain a unified agenda and strategy. It just seems to fracture too easily.

We legit brah taking ova NT

My thoughts exactly.

Hopefully they can work it out with the club etc next season because the police presence there was absolutely ridiculous.

Got to say at least it added some noise to the north end of the stadium.The police and security attention did seem far too excessive, but it's up to these guys to chat to the club and work out a strategy if they want to continue such a group there.It just seems too hard for our active support group (Yarraside and now Melburnians) to maintain a unified agenda and strategy. It just seems to fracture too easily.

When was there ever a split in Yarraside? The closest thing was when we sent all the left wing guys off to bay 16, but it was still one group.FWIW I doubt this splinter group is going to last, probably just some attention seekers throwing a hissy fit.Honestly, now that we're at the end of the season, Melburnians have exceeded my expectations for what would happen after Yarraside disbanded and have done pretty well.

Take as a compliment, cheers tesla!

FWIW, the Melburnians boys have been talking to the guys who are upset and can't see these issues lasting long.

Don't know the story behind it and really couldn't care less. They looked like a bunch of children that were desperate to get on camera. And if they want to try to start an active area outside the designated sections, they deserve to cop the police presence. Good stories about their brush with the law for them to share at show and tell tomorrow.

• Like 1

I can sit here and take the piss out these guys and get a laugh.

But i'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to be as blunt as i can with this post...

* It's pathetic that it's happened!

* I have lost all respect for these kids. 

* You have no sense of comradery

* You deserve all the attention thats coming to you

• Like 1

People can laugh and people can be as negative as they want, but it looks like they have great things to come! Whoever writes this status shows their positivity towards Melbourne City and I am pretty sure thats what everyone would want? Theres so much negativity already but hey I guess everybody has their fair share. I wonder how they are going to be next year  B)

• Like 1

When was there ever a split in Yarraside? The closest thing was when we sent all the left wing guys off to bay 16, but it was still one group.

FWIW I doubt this splinter group is going to last, probably just some attention seekers throwing a hissy fit.

Honestly, now that we're at the end of the season, Melburnians have exceeded my expectations for what would happen after Yarraside disbanded and have done pretty well. Totally agree Tes. It has had some poor days but for the most it has been good. For a new(ish) group, trying to show support for a team that makes you cry they have been the highlight of the day. Congratulations to all of you.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

I actually went down to the North end for the second half, cos we had some really obnoxious people in bay 11 ( where me and the missus always sit)

when  we got there I couldn't work out why so many police and ground security were there, when the second half started , i realised why

now, not wanting to get drawn into Melburnians versus splinter groups etc

I thought that the Swan Street  end group ( for wont of a better name) did a great job, adding atmosphere to that end

Now I'm an old 50 + bugger, but i saw nothing wrong in what they did, they weren't being abusive to anyone, they didn't use foul language, so they weren't offending families and kids

we were just the other side of the aisle from them so i could hear everything  

there was no one sitting behind them so the fact they were standing was not blocking anyone's view 

the ground security were clutching at straws telling them that had to move to Active area if they wanted to sing and chant ( i was within earshot of some of the conversations) 

the Cops were just trying to be the peace keeper between security and the group.

I did say to one of the guys as we left that they did a great job in adding to the atmosphere, ( but Wasn't too impressed by the posman ,poznam  or whatever its called  :lol:  :lol: )

• Like 1

Dont really blame the police/security presence in trying to break it up. Theres 2 bays of unused space in active, and not everybody in GA wants to be near the antics of the terrace. This is just going to end up doing more harm than good. 

Also takes more resources to manage 2 small active groups rather than 1 medium sized group. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 2

I actually went down to the North end for the second half, cos we had some really obnoxious people in bay 11 ( where me and the missus always sit)

when  we got there I couldn't work out why so many police and ground security were there, when the second half started , i realised why

I thought that the Swan Street  end group ( for wont of a better name) did a great job, adding atmosphere to that end

Now I'm an old 50 + bugger, but i saw nothing wrong in what they did, they weren't being abusive to anyone, they didn't use foul language, so they weren't offending families and kids

there was no one sitting behind them so the fact they were standing was not blocking anyone's view 

the ground security were clutching at straws telling them that had to move to Active area if they wanted to sing and chant ( i was within earshot of some of the conversations) 

the Cops were just trying to be the peace keeper between security and the group.

I did say to one of the guys as we left that they did a great job in adding to the atmosphere, ( but Wasn't too impressed by the posman ,poznam  or whatever its called  :lol:  :lol: )

Thank you. Thats all we want to do. Support our team in a respectful manner without making anyone around us feel uncomfortable. The police first told us. No jumping. So we didnt like it, but we stopped. Then they came back and said "no standing" so we had to sit and chant unfortunately. I tired to make sure all the guys acted respectfuly towards people around us including the police. We are not trying to start a problem we just want to support our team away from the Melburnians as we have been abused and put down when we have tried to help in supporting our team.

Thank you. Thats all we want to do. Support our team in a respectful manner without making anyone around us feel uncomfortable. The police first told us. No jumping. So we didnt like it, but we stopped. Then they came back and said "no standing" so we had to sit and chant unfortunately. I tired to make sure all the guys acted respectfuly towards people around us including the police. We are not trying to start a problem we just want to support our team away from the Melburnians as we have been abused and put down when we have tried to help in supporting our team.

Sadly this is your reality if you continue to sit/stand/basically anything outside of the active area.

The club aren't going to pay for extra police to look after the 20 of you that were there, they aren't gunna give a shit what terrace politics and drama have gone on all they will say is if you want to be active go in the active area. If not sit down and watch the game.

Not saying this is right or wrong just saying that I know how Scott Munn is and that's how it will go.

• Like 2

But i'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to be as blunt as i can with this post...

Its pathetic when your capo, talks to his own supporters like shit numerous times. That sums it up. Not trying to start shit just telling you how it is. You could be positive about it and try to embrace a new group forming and work together. The club could possibly benifit form it. Better atmosphere, and memberships might increase. We are not thinking about ourselves or how many scaves and stickers we sell. To make money that no one seess anymore. Supposibly going towards the group. Where are the new flags, new drums.

We are supporting the same team in the end and if people dont want to sit with the Melburnians then you cant force them and most definately you shouldnt be slaming them for trying to support a club they love.

Its pathetic when your capo, talks to his own supporters like shit numerous times. That sums it up. Not trying to start shit just telling you how it is. You could be positive about it and try to embrace a new group forming and work together. The club could possibly benifit form it. Better atmosphere, and memberships might increase. We are not thinking about ourselves or how many scaves and stickers we sell. To make money that no one seess anymore. Supposibly going towards the group. Where are the new flags, new drums.

We are supporting the same team in the end and if people dont want to sit with the Melburnians then you cant force them and most definately you shouldnt be slaming them for trying to support a club they love. You've got to be having a laugh about flags, there are fucking stacks. Oh how about that brand new banner that we pumped out in four days? Let's not forget the $5k and 2 weeks work we spent on the biggest Tifo the club has ever seen just to be told by vicpol 3 days before the game that we can't have it.

You clearly have no context about what goes on behind the scenes so let's stop the uneducated posts about how we hate all of you and are just here stealing your money

EDIT- FWIW drum skins and mega batteries are also changed on a semi regular basis

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 1

Sadly this is your reality if you continue to sit/stand/basically anything outside of the active area.

The club aren't going to pay for extra police to look after the 20 of you that were there, they aren't gunna give a shit what terrace politics and drama have gone on all they will say is if you want to be active go in the active area. If not sit down and watch the game.

Not saying this is right or wrong just saying that I know how Scott Munn is and that's how it will go.

Yes you are most likely right and thats ok. But I found it funny how a group of 20 supporters attracted more police presence than the other end. Especially when we did not cause trouble in the first place. All i can think of is maybe someone from another group made a complaint to cause an unneccessay problem towards ppl supporting the same club. Does not make sense. Like I said thats ok, If the club doesnt want to support its members thats unfortunate and would not lead down the right track in the future.

Edited by MJ_jono

Its pathetic when your capo, talks to his own supporters like shit numerous times. That sums it up. Not trying to start shit just telling you how it is. You could be positive about it and try to embrace a new group forming and work together. The club could possibly benifit form it. Better atmosphere, and memberships might increase.

We are supporting the same team in the end and if people dont want to sit with the Melburnians then you cant force them and most definately you shouldnt be slaming them for trying to support a club they love.

You help in supporting your team by staying in the active area... not by leaving a union! 

What are you macedonia? You're a part of the active support but not part of them?

Nothing of what you guys have done makes sense and it's laughable at most.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.

Hopefully they can work it out with the club etc next season because the police presence there was absolutely ridiculous.

Pathetically unnecessary to leave Melburnians when we are still so small in numbers.

Its not all about Melburnians brother. Lets support eachother to support the club we love.

You help in supporting your team by staying in the active area... not by leaving a union! 

What are you macedonia? You're a part of the active support but not part of them?

Nothing of what you guys have done makes sense and it's laughable at most.

It's pathetic that you get a race or nationality involved in a sporting topic. This is exactly why people have left and for your information, because it is so important to you I am Australian. Do you have a problem with me being Australian? Pathetic and very immature.

• Like 1