Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

So... How about them emos? :(

Do they still exist? I assume they do because Off Ya Tree is still in business, but I dont see any about the place

Can confirm they do exist. Just walk down the steps of Flinders Street Station or accidentally end up at the wrong stage during Soundwave and you will see plenty of them, sucking the souls out of passers by.

Sometimes when something I like all of a sudden becomes popular/cool/trendy I really start to be put off of it. Does that make me an anti-hipster? Or does it in fact make me a hipster because maybe I only liked it due to it being unpopular and that kind of made it 'cool' because it was sort of different/unique?

This whole conversation reminds me a lot of this

*Edit- This is not referring specifically to you Tesla. I dont think you're a hipster

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

Is Pusha T still supporting? Would be more keen to see him than Kanye this time around.

As someone who doesn't particularly follow Pusha T, I didn't realise he had 2 projects last year, and I only had Wrath of Caine (and always wondered why it seemed to be missing quite a few good Pusha T tracks I'd heard). I'd obviously heard of both, don't know why I didn't realise there were 2 projects earlier.

So I grabbed My Name is My Name, definitely looking forward to Pusha T a lot more now, shits fire.

It's always interesting to see what the crowd is like at hip hop concerts in Australia, assuming it will be pretty random because Kanye is so mainstream, but pretty funny to compare different artists. Eg Kendrick Lamar is the only rapper whose gig had a lot of Africans at it, but then it also had a lot of really nerdy looking white guys, whereas rappers like Lupe Fiasco and Childish Gambino are mainly white people, and a lot of those (maybe surprisingly) are hipster-types. CG easily drew the most females, but I'm assuming Kanye will have a lot more females (probably approaching 50-50 male to female ratio). Probably not too many hipster-types. Really just expecting a random mix of people.Where are have you been man?

Hipsters have been filling up a particular type of Hip Hop gig since way back... In the Western suburbs, we don't have hipsters.

Or at least we didn't.

So don't really know what hipsters listen to.

To be fair, this is Melbourne, half the population are 'hipsters'. It wasn't really surprising at CG because he is pretty much a hipster himself (more your apolitical hipster at this), but it was a surprise at Lupe Fiasco (more your lefty political hipster at this) because I really don't know what would attract hipsters to his music at the time (this is before he was political). Though I guess he is pretty much a lefty hipster himself nowadays when I think about the ridiculous attire and hairstyle he has had since becoming political :hmm:

TTIM: realising two of my favourite artists are actually hipsters :droy:post-2906-0-81699000-1410509964_thumb.jp

Thought it was very difficult to get a skyscrapper built in the CBD (I notice most of those are in Southbank, which makes sense, but a few of those addresses would be in the CBD).

Thought it was very difficult to get a skyscrapper built in the CBD (I notice most of those are in Southbank, which makes sense, but a few of those addresses would be in the CBD).

Only limitation I know of in the city is building shadows being on the Yarra...most of the big proposals are still happening in the CBD and there's definitely a lot more cranes in the city than southbank.

Is Pusha T still supporting? Would be more keen to see him than Kanye this time around.

As someone who doesn't particularly follow Pusha T, I didn't realise he had 2 projects last year, and I only had Wrath of Caine (and always wondered why it seemed to be missing quite a few good Pusha T tracks I'd heard). I'd obviously heard of both, don't know why I didn't realise there were 2 projects earlier.

So I grabbed My Name is My Name, definitely looking forward to Pusha T a lot more now, shits fire.

It's always interesting to see what the crowd is like at hip hop concerts in Australia, assuming it will be pretty random because Kanye is so mainstream, but pretty funny to compare different artists. Eg Kendrick Lamar is the only rapper whose gig had a lot of Africans at it, but then it also had a lot of really nerdy looking white guys, whereas rappers like Lupe Fiasco and Childish Gambino are mainly white people, and a lot of those (maybe surprisingly) are hipster-types. CG easily drew the most females, but I'm assuming Kanye will have a lot more females (probably approaching 50-50 male to female ratio). Probably not too many hipster-types. Really just expecting a random mix of people. Where are have you been man?

Hipsters have been filling up a particular type of Hip Hop gig since way back... In the Western suburbs, we don't have hipsters.

Or at least we didn't.

So don't really know what hipsters listen to.

To be fair, this is Melbourne, half the population are 'hipsters'. It wasn't really surprising at CG because he is pretty much a hipster himself (more your apolitical hipster at this), but it was a surprise at Lupe Fiasco (more your lefty political hipster at this) because I really don't know what would attract hipsters to his music at the time (this is before he was political). Though I guess he is pretty much a lefty hipster himself nowadays when I think about the ridiculous attire and hairstyle he has had since becoming political :hmm:

TTIM: realising two of my favourite artists are actually hipsters :droy:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dont forget there are actual hipsters where everything they do is ironic, and those people that just like the retro fashion....and beards. Its the 2nd type who dressed in baggy jeans and skate shoes in the 90's and rode skateboards and probably listened to hip hop and/or skater-punk then as well.

Edited by bazzatron

Only limitation I know of in the city is building shadows being on the Yarra...most of the big proposals are still happening in the CBD and there's definitely a lot more cranes in the city than southbank.

There's a no flying zone in the CBD due to Essendon airport which restricts the size of most buildings to around 80 stories (can't remember off the top of my head) so a lot of these skyscrapers get knocked back until they reduce in size. But I know it is in a lot of peoples best interest to get rid of Essendon airport for this among a few other reasons..

There's a no flying zone in the CBD due to Essendon airport which restricts the size of most buildings to around 80 stories (can't remember off the top of my head) so a lot of these skyscrapers get knocked back until they reduce in size. But I know it is in a lot of peoples best interest to get rid of Essendon airport for this among a few other reasons..

You would think that Essendon Airport must be almost be gone by now... it was debilitated back when I went there on a field trip as a kid in the early 90's. 

You would think that Essendon Airport must be almost be gone by now... it was debilitated back when I went there on a field trip as a kid in the early 90's. 

Just a matter of time. Once these Chinese developers start pulling out of jobs because they can't build anything close to 100 stories it'll soon disappear. Which is Lindsay Fox bought the place and all the surrounding land back in 2001 and will be an even wealthier man once it goes. 

Just a matter of time. Once these Chinese developers start pulling out of jobs because they can't build anything close to 100 stories it'll soon disappear. Which is Lindsay Fox bought the place and all the surrounding land back in 2001 and will be an even wealthier man once it goes.

Pretty sure he would just have a long lease to run the airport, generally how it works with the airports. So actually it would be an airport for at least the length of that lease.

They also recently had a redevelopment approved, so can't see too much changing outside of that plan.

It will be decades before anything happens to it.

Only limitation I know of in the city is building shadows being on the Yarra...most of the big proposals are still happening in the CBD and there's definitely a lot more cranes in the city than southbank. There's a no flying zone in the CBD due to Essendon airport which restricts the size of most buildings to around 80 stories (can't remember off the top of my head) so a lot of these skyscrapers get knocked back until they reduce in size. But I know it is in a lot of peoples best interest to get rid of Essendon airport for this among a few other reasons.. You would think that Essendon Airport must be almost be gone by now... it was debilitated back when I went there on a field trip as a kid in the early 90's. Just a matter of time. Once these Chinese developers start pulling out of jobs because they can't build anything close to 100 stories it'll soon disappear. Which is Lindsay Fox bought the place and all the surrounding land back in 2001 and will be an even wealthier man once it goes.

Pretty sure he would just have a long lease to run the airport, generally how it works with the airports. So actually it would be an airport for at least the length of that lease.

They also recently had a redevelopment approved, so can't see too much changing outside of that plan.

There also have Peptide Park there as well now...

Only limitation I know of in the city is building shadows being on the Yarra...most of the big proposals are still happening in the CBD and there's definitely a lot more cranes in the city than southbank. There's a no flying zone in the CBD due to Essendon airport which restricts the size of most buildings to around 80 stories (can't remember off the top of my head) so a lot of these skyscrapers get knocked back until they reduce in size. But I know it is in a lot of peoples best interest to get rid of Essendon airport for this among a few other reasons.. You would think that Essendon Airport must be almost be gone by now... it was debilitated back when I went there on a field trip as a kid in the early 90's. Just a matter of time. Once these Chinese developers start pulling out of jobs because they can't build anything close to 100 stories it'll soon disappear. Which is Lindsay Fox bought the place and all the surrounding land back in 2001 and will be an even wealthier man once it goes.

There also have Peptide Park there as well now...

If you're referring to Essendon's new training facility, it is actually between Essendon & Tullamarine Airports, much closer to Tullamarine.

Honestly, we should just forget about increasing density in the CBD and move onto areas with more potential (southbank, docklands, fishermnans bend, e-gate, maybe even footscray). CBD is fucked anyway, decreasing motor vehicle capacity over the years while increasing density has put too much of a reliance on the shit PT we have in this city (yeah it's good in the city but what about the other end of someone's trip), and on bicycles which even for most cunts in the inner city isn't exactly an ideal form of transport. Adding more skyscrappers will just fuck things up more, plus it will reduce 'amenity' as well and turn our quite nice CBD into a bit of a shithole.

Southbank, docklands, fishermans bend are surrounded by freeways and water, even with a bunch of skyscrappers traffic will never get that bad.

While footscray is already a shithole, demolishing everything and replacing it with skyscrappers will be a vast improvement.

• Like 2

TTDIM: Winning premierships.

Fuck I'm hungover.

Haven't got around to congratulating you guys, but well done!

Best side all year and deserving winners.

Thanks king. My liver hates me though. The fucker had it coming considering we've been off the piss since we lost to Buninyong back in July...

TTDIM: Winning premierships.

Fuck I'm hungover.

Haven't got around to congratulating you guys, but well done!

Best side all year and deserving winners.

Thanks king. My liver hates me though. The fucker had it coming considering we've been off the piss since we lost to Buninyong back in July...

Yeah, I heard that loss didn't go down too well with Midda...

Getting accepted for a job the same day as the interview

They're clearly thirsty for you to work there.

You should reject their offer. They'll come crawling back in a few days and offer you 50% more pay.

It works every time, 100% srs.

Depends on the job. If it is something like a delivery driver they won't give a fuck and just give the job to the next person who walks in the door

You should reject their offer. They'll come crawling back in a few days and offer you 50% more pay.

Depends on the job. If it is something like a delivery driver they won't give a fuck and just give the job to the next person who walks in the door

:droy:

Lol wasn't sure if you were serious or not. You know with your CEO 100k a day mentality

You should reject their offer. They'll come crawling back in a few days and offer you 50% more pay.It works every time, 100% srs.

Lol wasn't sure if you were serious or not. You know with your CEO 100k a day mentality In the current economic climate my only advice would be to take the job immediately. Won't be long before some cunt with 5 years at a top tier law firm and 12 years as an investment banker at Goldmen Sachs undercuts him and offers to stack the shelves at the local woolworths (the kind of job I imagine this is) for less than minimum wage.

It's not like the cunt wouldn't be used to working for below minimum hourly wage at a top tier law firm or as an investment banker :up:

Edited by Tesla