Melbourne Football

Away record. The good bad and ugly.

MHFCROB24

Rather than flood every single game thread I feel I might as well start a topic. Delete or merge if need be.

So the away record. What is going on there.

Everytime we get on a plane everything we do turns to crap.

I know it is hard to compare but being a Essendon supporter we had the same issue. Jump on a plane and nothing happens we play horrible. Until one year (a new coach later) we started getting results.

So begs the question is this a mental issue for the players? or a issue with the coach not being able to fire up the players? OR BOTH?

When you look at some of out players Koren Kenndy Partalu Mooy (Mooy part of the WSW winning culture) I think to myself these guys MUJST be good enough to turn up to play regardless of venue.

How can we fix the issue. ? Bcoz this is a joke. Every time  I see us playing away I watch and hope for a win but deep down know we wont win.

Rather than flood every single game thread I feel I might as well start a topic. Delete or merge if need be.

I know it is hard to compare but being a Essendon supporter we had the same issue. Jump on a plane and nothing happens we play horrible. Until one year (a new coach later) we started getting results.

So begs the question is this a mental issue for the players? or a issue with the coach not being able to fire up the players? OR BOTH?

When you look at some of out players Koren Kenndy Partalu Mooy (Mooy part of the WSW winning culture) I think to myself these guys MUJST be good enough to turn up to play regardless of venue.

How can we fix the issue. ? Bcoz this is a joke. Every time  I see us playing away I watch and hope for a win but deep down know we wont win.

2 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. It isn't great but it's not the crisis your making it out to be.

2 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. It isn't great but it's not the crisis your making it out to be.

We win agaisnt wanderers away will bring us in line to the magical 33% winning ratio. Tesla get on.

We win agaisnt wanderers away will bring us in line to the magical 33% winning ratio. Tesla get on.

its not just that'd magical.  It's also average of 1.3 points per match.  

Excellent if your goal is to avoid relegation.

Home: Played 10, Won 4, Drawn 4, Lost 2. Goals for 13, goals against 10.

Away: Played 9, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 5. Goals for 12, goals against 20.

Looking at the ladder it's basically failure to score enough goals that is why we are where we are.

Routine needs to change, the current prep ain't working. Perhaps the team should fly up a day earlier than usual à la freo in the afl. Went from being horrific travellers to among the best. Maybe the players shouldn't be told who's starting until the team sheet is handed in also. Keep the fuckers on their toes.

Anyway it wouldn't surprise me if the routine is exactly the same as it was in 2010.

Routine needs to change, the current prep ain't working. Perhaps the team should fly up a day earlier than usual à la freo in the afl. Went from being horrific travellers to among the best. Maybe the players shouldn't be told who's starting until the team sheet is handed in also. Keep the fuckers on their toes.

Anyway it wouldn't surprise me if the routine is exactly the same as it was in 2010.

Dunno about the rest of the trips but do know they got to wellington at around 5pm the night before the game and had a slight training session that night, game was at 5 the day after. Is that enough time?

The threat of relegation is just what this club needs. Just imagine how good the team would be with the attitude of: "If we get relegated we get relegated, if we don't we don't."

It shouldn't even about playing as if the team is fighting relegation - the players should be playing as if they themselves are fighting relegation to the bench or not in the team at all the following week.

Dunno about the rest of the trips but do know they got to wellington at around 5pm the night before the game and had a slight training session that night, game was at 5 the day after. Is that enough time?

That's a disgrace, would've thought for trips to places like Perth and NZ they'd get there earlier than that.

• Like 2

That's a disgrace, would've thought for trips to places like Perth and NZ they'd get there earlier than that.

I think you're confusing us with a professional sports team.

• Like 3

I think you're confusing us with a professional sports team.

Turn up an hour before the game, everyone to make their own way there.... Sounds about right.

That's a disgrace, would've thought for trips to places like Perth and NZ they'd get there earlier than that. I think you're confusing us with a professional sports team.

Turn up an hour before the game, everyone to make their own way there.... Sounds about right.

Oh what about forgetting the strips.

#Amateurhour

That's a disgrace, would've thought for trips to places like Perth and NZ they'd get there earlier than that. I think you're confusing us with a professional sports team.

#Amateurhour

Won't happen. Everyone is meant to take their own kit home and wash it.

#Amateurhour

Won't happen. Everyone is meant to take their own kit home and wash it.

There is always some bloke that forgets his shin pads.

#searchforsomecardboard 

• Like 2

Looking at the ladder it's basically failure to score enough goals that is why we are where we are.

If you look at the stats for our front three position players, between them they've scored a total of 6 goals for the season, 1 of them a penalty, 2 of them from Villa. Pitiful.

If you look at the stats for our front three position players, between them they've scored a total of 6 goals for the season, 1 of them a penalty, 2 of them from Villa. Pitiful. Ranked 1 for shots on goal are we not?

If you look at the stats for our front three position players, between them they've scored a total of 6 goals for the season, 1 of them a penalty, 2 of them from Villa. Pitiful. Ranked 1 for shots on goal are we not?

If you mean kicking the ball in the rough direction of the goal, yes, if you mean a shot on target that goes straight to the keeper, yes. 6 combined goals from the entire forward line representation speaks for itself