Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Insulting the bloke who actually made them look like they had half a forward line?

James Frawley was the one who really dominated yesterday imo

It's not all about who performs best, James was only there coz Dawes was back. Provided a target and freed up the likes of Frawely and Bail. He might be a spud but Dawes provides the structure the Dees badly need, especially since Clark has left.

What does everyone think about the names on the back of the guernsey?

I think it looks alright, however I would like to stick to the tradition of just having the number

Too much shit on the back of the jumper, we have sponsor, number, initials & now a player name. Not as if any spectator will be able to make out the name anyway. 

I think it looks alright, however I would like to stick to the tradition of just having the number

Too much shit on the back of the jumper, we have sponsor, number, initials & now a player name. Not as if any spectator will be able to make out the name anyway. 

It's done for television audiences, particularly those overseas or coming from other countries who don't know the game so well.

It's done for television audiences, particularly those overseas or coming from other countries who don't know the game so well.

Thats what the commentators are for then

Thats what the commentators are for then Doesn't help when BT only knows five of the League's players names.

Too much shit on the back of the jumper, we have sponsor, number, initials & now a player name. Not as if any spectator will be able to make out the name anyway. It's done for television audiences, particularly those overseas or coming from other countries who don't know the game so well.  

Thats what the commentators are for then Doesn't help when BT only knows five of the League's players names.

TENDOORI MOZINGA!!

Too much shit on the back of the jumper, we have sponsor, number, initials & now a player name. Not as if any spectator will be able to make out the name anyway. It's done for television audiences, particularly those overseas or coming from other countries who don't know the game so well.  

Would rather listen to BT have a guess at a players name then listen to Cometti point out every single player that's from Perth.

• Like 1

Would rather listen to BT have a guess at a players name then listen to Cometti point out every single player that's from Perth. Lol - So true... Always mentions East Fremantle.

I have also heard him mention my school from over there a number of times too.

Who will Carlton drop to fit Judd in?

He won't play for another 2 weeks, but there are a whole heap of players who can be dropped.

Yep, sorta a joke I was trying to make!

Hint: If Dave Hughes makes a joke, don't re-tell it because its shit in the first place

• Like 5

Who will Carlton drop to fit Judd in?

He won't play for another 2 weeks, but there are a whole heap of players who can be dropped.

Yep, sorta a joke I was trying to make!

Hint: If Dave Hughes makes a joke, don't re-tell it because its shit in the first place Oh so very true...

Thats what the commentators are for thenDoesn't help when BT only knows five of the League's players names. Oi! Fuck off, I know heaps about footy!

I am all for it. 

Take a northerner like me.  I know the players in the club I have adopted and i know the players in my Missus's team, but i haven't got a clue who is who in other clubs (when I go to a match and there is no commentator to call out their names). 

I know Victorians love their 3 billion traditions, but I can't possibly see what harm putting the names on the jerseys can do.  It will certainly make live games more appealing to the non-rusted on supporters.