Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Oh indeed, I find Carlton and shitmond have the most shit talkers in the land so it gets pretty quiet after a weekend like that... And the pies, well everyone's had a good time when they get flogged by 11 goals.

2 flags in 20 years between em, bunch of overpaid, underachieving turd kickers. GWS and Gold Coast will make sure it'll be another 20 before any of them have half a sniff.

They'll win a flag before North Melbourne do  @ bt50

Obviously u must be pretty keen on the Giants to have brought a Giants Kit.

So did you just out of nowhere start following AFL and chose the Giants or do u switch from another side?

If so why?

FWIW I am not having a go - In fact I had a really good time at the Giants Staduim last year when the Cats played and I think they doing a lot things right on and ESP of the field than they are given credit for down here.

They'll win a flag before North Melbourne do  @ bt50

Obviously u must be pretty keen on the Giants to have brought a Giants Kit.

So did you just out of nowhere start following AFL and chose the Giants or do u switch from another side?

If so why?

FWIW I am not having a go - In fact I had a really good time at the Giants Staduim last year when the Cats played and I think they doing a lot things right on and ESP of the field than they are given credit for down here.

TBH I'm fairly neutral. A follow the teams that a few school mates that got drafted into, but a few years back I told myself I have to pick a team, so got on the dockers cos they were up and coming and no one else really went for em.  I'm a bit of a jersey enthusiast, got most AFL and numerous soccer tops. Had to buy the inaugural GWS shirt!

All the young Geelong supporters running around with 29 on their back don't look so silly anymore.

They just look like turds now, like their big hero.

Srsly Geelong is the only footy team I have a genuine dislike for and how some little kid can get Tomafuckwits digits on their jersey over semi likeable players such has Harry Taylor, Jimmy Bartel (or ma boy Christensen) is ridiculous 

Looking foward to Tomahawk breaking down with injuries like the wuss he is.

All the young Geelong supporters running around with 29 on their back don't look so silly anymore.

Srsly Geelong is the only footy team I have a genuine dislike for and how some little kid can get Tomafuckwits digits on their jersey over semi likeable players such has Harry Taylor, Jimmy Bartel (or ma boy Christensen) is ridiculous

Looking foward to Tomahawk breaking down with injuries like the wuss he is.Hawkins wears 26 like his father did.

Guthrie wears 29 like Gazza and Caddy wears the 23 Nazza wore... Both were impressive last night.

Mind you I don't know most of the Pies numbers.

Edited by cadete

Looking foward to Tomahawk breaking down with injuries like the wuss he is.

Haha what's Tom Hawkins got to do with anything?

I was referring to Cameron Guthrie who wears Gary Ablett's old number. Guthrie is now a key player to the cats set up and looks set to becoming an elite Geelong player in his own right.

Myself, saw him at a game either WSW or Sydney home in Nov 2013. Not as into it as David King is (ie not in the terrace covered in beer). I tweeted him after the game asking if he was on the hearts. Then out of the blue when we won our first game vs Sydney Jan 31 he sent me a tweet "hope ya stuck fat, promising signs ahead"

Well there goes my bold prediction of the year lol..

We need our forward line.

Desperately. Spent the entire third quarter in the bar... whoops. Showed so much promise in the first quarter, then just fell apart. Definitely some good signs, but bloody hell, it'd be nice to have some players out there who could kick straight.

Just got home from work.. been keeping up with the game. Sounds like it's been quite disappointing in uncompetitiveness. Too many numbers crowding around the ball to "win contested possessions" meant there was no one up field so the 5 or 6 around the ball had to over handball. sounds like that has been prominent tonight..

better not blow out, especially in Murphs 250ths

Can't believe it... So many easy shots missed.... Especially Garlett's one... And then Waite had a simple set shot to get the lead...

And don't get me started on Warnock! They messed up a chance to score so he thought to himself "Oh here you go, have another try." Absolute dud.

Richmond fans should be praising their luck!

• Like 2