Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Geelong making a habit of winning games they perhaps shouldn't. Opposite to Norf.

EDIT: inb4 Cadete rant, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Um,

We kicked 15 - 22 -112 and they kicked 17 - 9 - 111 so we actually had 11 more scoring shots... :up:

Inside 50's: 61 to 44 :up:

But yes apparently we deserved to lose. :droy:

Edited by cadete

Beams is mini-Swan; he's an absolute jet.

Carlton aren't as bad as their form has shown.

Very real possibility of beating Richmond.

Cad; the fact that Geelong had so many scoring shots and couldn't convert is an issue in itself.
Carlton are proof of that - dominated so many games this year that they haven't been able to score goals in, and that cost the games.

• Like 1

Cad; the fact that Geelong had so many scoring shots and couldn't convert is an issue in itself.

Carlton are proof of that - dominated so many games this year that they haven't been able to score goals in, and that cost the games.

Strong posting Baresi, thx.

Good point: Except for the fact we still actually won the game (Despite us knowing it was Dead Rubber) and that we had finished second on the ladder... and not to mention the only reason we didn't finish top was because we lost two interstate games by a couple of points.

So Marty's point about us being the team who wins games we shouldn't - Kinda does not really stack up does it???

Esp when Geelong so far has remained undefeated against all of the other top four sides this year having beaten both Hawthorn and Sydney twice and Fremantle the only time they have played.

Edited by cadete

I can't remember seeing a player drop so badly off in a season in Jake Carlise. The bloke was all Australian in the first half of the season, now he just runs around, flapping his arms about. Don't know whether its fatigue, or the drugs issue, but its just really disappointing to see him play so bad.

Man i couldn't believe how crazy the Richmond fans were going after the game! I know they've only been in 3 finals series since the 1980's, but it was like they won the grand final the way they were carrying on after the game! There will be riots in the streets if they happen to beat Carlton next week

Actually, the wind was coming from the NW which is extremely uncommon for this time of year, basically the usual S-SW that Geelong players have always used to their advantage at home was non-existent this week.

Actually, the wind was coming from the NW which is extremely uncommon for this time of year, basically the usual S-SW that Geelong players have always used to their advantage at home was non-existent this week.

Valid comment.

Lower, markovic and vezpremi have been told their services will be no longer needed.

But somehow Mark Austin survives.

Lower and Vezpremi doesnt surprise me but thought marko was perhaps a bit stiff. Maybe I'm remembering him a bit too kindly but fuck, who knows.

Mark Austin is such a spud. Must have pics of McCartney in womens undies or something as I have no idea how he still gets a game.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 2

Lower, markovic and vezpremi have been told their services will be no longer needed.But somehow Mark Austin survives.

Lower and Vezpremi doesnt surprise me but thought marko was perhaps a bit stiff. Maybe I'm remembering him a bit too kindly but fuck, who knows.Mark Austin is such a spud. Must have pics of McCartney in womens undies or something as I have no idea how he still gets a game.

Maybe it's dem genetics, doesn't come from Newy does he???

Winner of Freo-Geelong wins the premiership IMO.

If McPharLap doesn't play we have no chance

I've watched enough of your mob this year to know 1-2 outs means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

McPharlin hasn't played in ages anyway, plus Geelong don't have the most potent tall forwards ATM (Hawkins recent form more specifically)

Winner of Freo-Geelong wins the premiership IMO.

If McPharLap doesn't play we have no chance

I've watched enough of your mob this year to know 1-2 outs means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

McPharlin hasn't played in ages anyway, plus Geelong don't have the most potent tall forwards ATM (Hawkins recent form more specifically)

We've had some pretty soft games since he's been out though, we only played one top 8 team in the time hes been injured (not including the Bradburies) and we lost that game. With Ibbotson also out it could potentially mean we have our 3 best defenders missing....which is not what we need in a game where we need to be playing out of our skins to win. 

I suspect he'll play anyway, don't see why you'd put him on a plane otherwise.

Edited by hedaik1

Freo don't have the game plan to win a flag IMO. Only chance they have is if the opposition falls asleep.

I am def not saying there is not a good chance of Freo beating us tomorrow but I have to agree that Ross Lyon's style of football stopped winning club's flags in 2006.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1