Melbourne Football

Cassio

Kiro Kompiro

Probably not a terrible option tbh, although I imagine he'd be quite reluctant to move from the city he's raised his young family in for some time now.

Yep - Drinkable Tap Water is a dead turn off for young families.

Is it just me or did the tap water there seem borderline salty? Remember thinking along those lines when the gf was living there for 6 months.

Always been a fan has been a very good player but no unless he is very very cheap. Injury concerns and ageing however would be an improvement if fit

Would sound like us tho to sign and he then retires from long term injuries :)

I know what you mean I once brought a Casio Calculator Watch from the Queen Vic and it stopped working after three weeks... 

• Like 1

Always been a fan has been a very good player but no unless he is very very cheap. Injury concerns and ageing however would be an improvement if fit

I know what you mean I once brought a Casio Calculator Watch from the Queen Vic and it stopped working after three weeks...

Thanks for bringing back the memories. I had one of those as well. I had forgotten they existed.

I know what you mean I once brought a Casio Calculator Watch from the Queen Vic and it stopped working after three weeks... Thanks for bringing back the memories. I had one of those as well. I had forgotten they existed.

I have a cassio calculator watch. 10 years old, still going

Our stop gap fillers in the the past have been great.

Why not add another "reject" to the list.

I prefer a youth player over another teams rejects.

Didn't the H-S run an article on all the rejects we picked up on short term contracts.

Not one made it to the list the next season.

Edited by markn

Would rather not.

Not the worst thing in the world maybe but i reckon we can do better.

Impossible to tell from where we sit I guess. I agree entirely that we should hold off, if we have someone better in mind, but we'd want to be pretty sure we can sign that player, since it looks like an experienced, decent, non-visa left back has fallen out of the sky. Presumably, we'd be able to afford him, simply by moving on one or two dead wood players. His presence would solidify the squad significantly. 

2 years ago this would've been a shoe in for most clubs if he'd become available. But he's been injured frequently since and appears to have slowed down monumentally and packed on a few kg's. I'd rather Gooch continue as LB with Ramsay as cover rather than take a huge risk on a guy who's best years are well and truly past him.

• Like 1

2 years ago this would've been a shoe in for most clubs if he'd become available. But he's been injured frequently since and appears to have slowed down monumentally and packed on a few kg's. I'd rather Gooch continue as LB with Ramsay as cover rather than take a huge risk on a guy who's best years are well and truly past him.

Don't really see it as a risk, personally. If there's better out there that we can fit in our budget, presumably we'd go after that player, instead of Cassio. If not, we'd be cutting the likes of Kalmar and probably someone like Miller or Germano, who haven't exactly added much to the A-League side this year. Assuming we did secure him, I don't think Cassio should necessarily be starting immediately either, but I don't see how his addition could possibly weaken our squad.