Melbourne Football

Joe Simunic coming to A-league?

Tony999

Not official but he told Croatian media he would consider finishing his career in Australia. Has technique, goes in hard and good in the air. Surely would do better then any of our spuds playing at the back. No need for a visa spot as he is an Australian citizen. Snap him up MHFC!

Btw, topic should read "coming to A-league"

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

Too Croatian.

You mean he's not Serbian enough

Nah I mean he's too Croation, chose to play for them instead of Straylia, has been banned for leading Ustase chants, etc.

On a serious note, I'm not sure about this guy. Was good once upon a time, havent seen him play in ages and have no idea how his body is holding up. He's been playing in the Croatian league for years, and if it's a case of him not being wanted there any more then he might not be any good.

• Like 3

Too Croatian.

Nah I mean he's too Croation, chose to play for them instead of Straylia, has been banned for leading Ustase chants, etc.

this , and his rugby tackle on Viduka in the world cup that was not punished ... oh and his 3 yellow cards in a match....

mm maybe he could add some mongrel to our powderpuff  defense

Edited by japiedog

Probably wouldn't be a good signing although we really have nothing to lose, would be a step backwards.

Because he is a lumbering Centre Back people often are deceived into thinking he is clumsy but I can assure you he is one of the most technically gifted talents to come from Australia. I remember an old national team manager saying he can play anywhere on the park and they would regularly play him in midfield in training and people were shocked at how good he actually is on the ball.

He is a dog player. That tackle he made on a Serbian player last year was just retarded and the three yellow cards against Australia back 2006 are just two incidents that sum him up as a person.

Having Kisnorbo, Wielart and Simunic in deffence would be one of the saddest things that would have happened to this club. We would give away 15 penalties a season and strikers will run rings around them.

He is not old enough yet though, we will wait two years until he meets the age minimum and then we will sign him.

Too Croatian.

this , and his rugby tackle on Viduka in the world cup that was not punished ... oh and his 3 yellow cards in a match....

mm maybe he could add some mongrel to our powderpuff defense

Not Simunic's fault the ref was a retard. I think he (Joe) gave every opportunity to Australia. Pity the ref was too blind to see.

We'd be better trying to find a way to get Diego Forlan who wants to leave Japan. He'd give us a goal scoring option during all the games that Kennedy is injured. We need at least 3 goals a game to even have a chance of a win.

Would slot in nicely at left back

• Like 3